R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Has anyone else had any problems with the rear 52 mm axles hitting the rear gear diff when not using a shim for additional toe? I'm in the process of building mine and have noticed it looks like it's not going to be able to adjust to 2 degrees of toe in the rear? The car comes with 1 degree built into it and I want to use my 1degree outside toe block to give it a total of two degrees but just looking at it I think the driveshafts are too long?

JG
Yeah, it seems to be an issue with multiple kits. If you notice on a lot of pauls setup sheets he runs the 50mm shafts ... I have run the 50mm rear shafts on all of the t3 cars for driveshaft blade clearance.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
Yeah, it seems to be an issue with multiple kits. If you notice on a lot of pauls setup sheets he runs the 50mm shafts ... I have run the 50mm rear shafts on all of the t3 cars for driveshaft blade clearance.

It sucks hearing all of this i thought i was buying a quality kit . I guess no matter what the company tamiya , xray, etc .....they all seem to screw u over.
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #363
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For those of you using cleaning putty in the front gear diff, how much do you use and how do you apply it?

Going to run a gear diff in the front for the first time, and I've never built one with putty before.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #364
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
For those of you using cleaning putty in the front gear diff, how much do you use and how do you apply it?

Going to run a gear diff in the front for the first time, and I've never built one with putty before.

Thanks!
try the serpent s411,tamiya 417 pages.those guys are a nicer bunch of people, will answer quickly
S411LE#63,eryx 2.0,kyosho ultima sc,B44.1,futaba.the short list. Ricky Bobby body club,member #4
atmeearacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #365
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
It sucks hearing all of this i thought i was buying a quality kit . I guess no matter what the company tamiya , xray, etc .....they all seem to screw u over.
i would'nt go there, these guys will go nuts. you would be better off talking about there mothers, or first born
S411LE#63,eryx 2.0,kyosho ultima sc,B44.1,futaba.the short list. Ricky Bobby body club,member #4
atmeearacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
The comment is referencing using 1* outboard toe blocks and no shims inboard...

I haven't received my kit yet to verify, but yes, that could generate some issues with clearance when you are narrowing the back that much...

If the 50's were included in the kit instead of 52, then there would likely be complaints from people who were attempting to widen the rear....
Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
...If the 50's were included in the kit instead of 52, then there would likely be complaints from people who were attempting to widen the rear....
+1
Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmeearacing View Post
try the serpent s411,tamiya 417 pages.those guys are a nicer bunch of people, will answer quickly
Wow....didn't realise that lack of instantaneous response to a specific issue makes Xray drivers bad people?

I know that on this thread, the other Xray threads and the dedicated forum on the teamxray.com site there is lots of input and interaction from the team and consumer community.

I would suspect that with the kits landing in people's hands right now that many of the would-be posters are actually building, testing and tuning...
Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #369
Tech Fanatic

Regarding dog bones hitting the diff. Tamiya also has this problem. Some have shaved down the blades. Other, like me, are running 42mm dog bones in the back. You need to stock different dog bone lengths for cars with rear track adjustability.
malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mike, when do you get to build?

Im hoping to start mine tonight

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #371
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkiy View Post
Regarding dog bones hitting the diff. Tamiya also has this problem. Some have shaved down the blades. Other, like me, are running 42mm dog bones in the back. You need to stock different dog bone lengths for cars with rear track adjustability.
Honestly, I have never experienced that on my 417, and nobody else around here have, as far as I know. Stock 44mm in the rear, with 1XA/1E = 3deg toe-in.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #372
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
Honestly, I have never experienced that on my 417, and nobody else around here have, as far as I know. Stock 44mm in the rear, with 1XA/1E = 3deg toe-in.

Don't know about the 417 but I had the same issue with my 416. But even with the Xray it takes very little trimming of the pin pad to get the clearance needed to eliminate the bind problem, just doesn't seem like such a big deal IMO.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #373
Tech Fanatic

I should have ordered from Canada My kit shipped yesterday so I won't get it until Fri or Sat. My first big race, with the 2012, will be the Vancouver Island race

Rubbing was probably on my 416. On my 417, If I remember correctly, I didn't bother with the kit 44mm dog bones because of the problem on my 416. I believe it depends on the diff type. I remember dog bone blades getting near or slightly rubbing my ball diff.

Last edited by malkiy; 11-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.
malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #374
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
No, Xray says that 52mm works when you run more than 2.5 toe in and less than 2 of camber. Just read your manual: page 17 last paragraph.
Or just check the official Xray forum.
orci77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #375
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Wow....didn't realise that lack of instantaneous response to a specific issue makes Xray drivers bad people?

I know that on this thread, the other Xray threads and the dedicated forum on the teamxray.com site there is lots of input and interaction from the team and consumer community.

I would suspect that with the kits landing in people's hands right now that many of the would-be posters are actually building, testing and tuning...
Once again Chris I have to agree with you.