R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #3301
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I personally started out with the T3R and its a great car for beginners, I ran it for a while, then got the t3 2011 and realised the T3R shortcomings. It doesnt have as much steering as the 2011/2012 cars, the front chubs dont accept ECS shafts, no sway bars.
For the extra money you can get a t3 2012 at an awesome price at the moment with the new car coming out in the next few months it can be had for as little as $470.

If you want to try the suspension holder blocks like the tamiya ones you can get an exotek kit, or cheaper still, try the cso racing lower suspension mount kit here:

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=13156

Shims for roll center adjustment? I use these and they are easy as pie to install.
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=13215

THat is the beauty of the xray platform, there are so many aftermarket parts, just have to look.
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #3302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had a 2012 and went back to the T3R. I preferred the older steering post because it was stronger. I race VTA on carpet, so it's more about the feature I want in a kit. Personally I enjoy wrenching more than driving. I will be pitting for my diver this fall. I just don't have the time to drive. I know what I'm talking about and I think most people here can see my logic behind the features I'm talking about. Many others have commented on the same things. So you only agree about the 5th body post? Naaa that's hating I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
It's not a 'hate' thing, it's a, 'you don't know what you're talking about' thing.

The problem is that your model has old steering design and geometry, old style camber link mounts etc.
I have gone faster with each incarnation of the T3, perhaps it you got up to date with the kits you'd understand why the things your after aren't necessary.
Your 'logical' reason takes no account of performance, just your own laziness.

I'll take performace over ease of use anyday, and so will almost all other racers.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:56 AM   #3303
Tech Elite

Was Paul and the rest of the Xray team running the same car as the one pictured? Wasn't it just that one guy? I doubt most of those things will make it to the production car. It's very different and we usually see a ton of different changes tested throughout the year (tons of chassis and top deck combos especially) and they don't all make it to the final kit. I wouldn't be expecting a T4 kit yet either.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #3304
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Copy TOP Rebel 12 & Photon EX motor mount !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #3305
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

XRAY Released 1.0 Rear Anti Roll Bar
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T3 2012-xr-303480.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #3306
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga View Post
For the extra money you can get a t3 2012 at an awesome price at the moment with the new car coming out in the next few months it can be had for as little as $470.
When is the new car slated for release?
JiuHaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #3307
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
It is not official yet but we can speculate maybe November?
Qwiglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #3308
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Honestly I dont see too much of a difference from the t3 2012 soo im probably just gonna hang on to my 2012 until they release a T4
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #3309
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
I'm sure the car isn't even finalized yet, but they usually release around October/November.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #3310
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Anyone find a better shock bladders for these shocks yet...The Tamiya ones don't fit very well and the stock bladders are way too soft. I heard a while back that the reflex bladders fit, but not sure.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #3311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Anyone find a better shock bladders for these shocks yet...The Tamiya ones don't fit very well and the stock bladders are way too soft. I heard a while back that the reflex bladders fit, but not sure.
Art, The reflex ones for the tc6 fits perfectly. and they are much, much more durable
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #3312
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Everyone seems to want the lower suspension arms using the pillow ball method........it just surprises me that no one such as RSD or Exotec or even Xray themselves, haven't just made a lower suspension holder similar to the stock item that is pocketed for a pillow ball and bolts onto the stock holders. You would then have the best of both worlds, still being able to shim width with washers and have the pin float. Since the T3 platform now uses the main lower suspension mounts like the others, your up/down could just be done with shims, or you could still make the 0,-.75 and +.75 holders with the pillow ball mod. JMO

Hey Art did you S one yet or still contemplating?
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #3313
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Everyone seems to want the lower suspension arms using the pillow ball method........it just surprises me that no one such as RSD or Exotec or even Xray themselves, haven't just made a lower suspension holder similar to the stock item that is pocketed for a pillow ball and bolts onto the stock holders. You would then have the best of both worlds, still being able to shim width with washers and have the pin float. Since the T3 platform now uses the main lower suspension mounts like the others, your up/down could just be done with shims, or you could still make the 0,-.75 and +.75 holders with the pillow ball mod. JMO

Hey Art did you S one yet or still contemplating?
I came from Serpent & Tamiya before driving for Xray, and I personally much prefer the Xray system. With Tamiya, I had almost $200 in toe blocks!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #3314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
I came from Serpent & Tamiya before driving for Xray, and I personally much prefer the Xray system. with Tamiya, I had almost $200 in toe blocks!
Understood, no argument here. I think the stock Xray system works pretty darn good too.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #3315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
I came from Serpent & Tamiya before driving for Xray, and I personally much prefer the Xray system. With Tamiya, I had almost $200 in toe blocks!
+1
One year ago I was racing a Hot Bodies Cyclone TC and HB toe blocks (of different degrees) were not only expensive, but ridiculously hard to find as well. Also the HB shim kit for their toe blocks were even harder to find. Today I am racing an Xray T3 and I absolutely love the simplicity of Xray's hinge pin holders. They are very easy to replace and (when compared to toe blocks) they are very inexpensive too.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote