R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #2926
Tech Apprentice

I find that if I reduce the front track width by removing the shim on the lower suspension holder, the plastic cap on the ECS drive shaft will rub against the gear diff. Rub happens if I set the front camber to 2 degrees

Whether this can be overcome by a little cutting the plastic cap or should I use the ECS drive shaft 50mm?
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #2927
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So is it true the 2013 worlds car had bushing toe blocks and new shocks? Man I hope so, I'll be the first in line. I'm not going to fork out more $$$ for Exotek conversion and Tamiya shocks.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #2928
Tech Elite

Been wondering when Xray would make some stronger belts for mod brush less and these new gear diffs. The power put down has to be punishing. Heck I love to mess around with mod if it didn't have to replace parts so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiyu View Post
hi there.. i was wondering if anybody is using a different brand rear belt, i popped mine in my first race and i can't find a replacement that i can get in less than a week.. if anybody knows what fits please share it!! thank you guys..
Yukiyu
Old 06-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #2929
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Been wondering when Xray would make some stronger belts for mod brush less and these new gear diffs. The power put down has to be punishing. Heck I love to mess around with mod if it didn't have to replace parts so often.
There is nothing wrong with the strength of our belts with running Modified. If you ran Mod then you would know this but since you don't now you know.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #2930
Tech Elite

Quote:
So is it true the 2013 worlds car had bushing toe blocks and new shocks? Man I hope so, I'll be the first in line. I'm not going to fork out more $$$ for Exotek conversion and Tamiya shocks.
Speaking to peeps who saw prototype parts at the Worlds warm up (not Xray drivers) they mentioned new top deck chassis, shocks and steering system. As mentioned he is not an Xray driver so some stuff will have escaped him.

BUT, this is prototype testing so that doesn't mean they were all sucessfull or used at once.
Good to know that new parts are being worked on.

Even if they do go to the Exotek/Tamiya style suspension mounts you can be sure of one thing, Xray's version won't be cheap
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #2931
Tech Elite

I've run stock and noticed how much the belts stretch. Mostly the front, but I can only imagine what mod would do to them. Personally, I've always liked the material Losi used on the XXX-S. They were not as flexible but they never wore out. Personal preference I guess. I like bullet proof parts you might say. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
There is nothing wrong with the strength of our belts with running Modified. If you ran Mod then you would know this but since you don't now you know.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #2932
Tech Elite

Great news. I never liked the Xray steering design, but I hope the bushing toe blocks make it in as well. Something they over looked on the 12 I hope makes a return would be the front shock tower 5th body post and allow holes for a single chassis brace post behind the steering rack. The car always felt better on carpet using a post. Personal preferences. I better start saving up though. lol

I don't understand why Xray won't consider releasing a non iodized and fiber glass chassis sport version along with their CF version of the new car. A lot more people would consider driving an Xray. Expensive for sure, but have always like Xray's desire for quality. I've just been waiting for the features I want in a new TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Speaking to peeps who saw prototype parts at the Worlds warm up (not Xray drivers) they mentioned new top deck chassis, shocks and steering system. As mentioned he is not an Xray driver so some stuff will have escaped him.

BUT, this is prototype testing so that doesn't mean they were all sucessfull or used at once.
Good to know that new parts are being worked on.

Even if they do go to the Exotek/Tamiya style suspension mounts you can be sure of one thing, Xray's version won't be cheap

Last edited by RCknight; 06-27-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #2933
Tech Elite

Quote:
...but I hope the bushing toe blocks make it in as well. Something they over looked on the 12 I hope makes a return would be the front shock tower 5th body post and allow holes for a single chassis brace post behind the steering rack. The car always felt better on carpet using a post....
The toe blocks would be interesting, but I won't dissagree with the 5th body post hole, hence the fact I'm still running shock towers from the '11
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #2934
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
So is it true the 2013 worlds car had bushing toe blocks and new shocks?
2013 worlds car????

facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #2935
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Presumably they'll have prototypes of the '13 at worlds and a new kit sometime at the end of the year. Don't act like you're surprised, it's been that way for 15 years now. If you want to run the same car forever buy an AE or a TOP.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #2936
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have had no problems with belts or shock bladders. How tight are you guys running your belts?
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #2937
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I have had no problems with belts or shock bladders. How tight are you guys running your belts?
It took me 4 and a half months running MOD before i broke my first rear belt, i was running it one notch looser from center. the front i usually run it centered. I have no complaint except the fact that when it happened i didnt have a n extra and the LHS didnt have one. I have not tried other belts like other guys are saying such as hot bodies or yokomo so im not sure on the durability of them.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #2938
Tech Master

Im waiting on the 2013 hope its released before carpet season is over.
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #2939
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
If you want to run the same car forever buy an AE or a TOP.
hey - we got new stuff now too
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #2940
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
One thing to consider with the plastic body shocks is thermal expansion- the plastic bodies are very susceptible to hot and cold and thus shrinkage and expansion. This can cause you to chase your set up from morning to noon to night as the shock body diameter changes therefore causing different dampening effects.... Alloy bodies are a must be it Xray or Tamiya shocks.
I always prefer "plastic" shock bodies. Unsprung weight is key for me. I have not experienced the changing with expansion. I would assume that they used the same composite on the pistons and the bodies for similar expansion rates. I noticed this back in my tc3 days, bought the alum shocks, sold the alum shocks. Unsprung weight makes me cry
Adamska27 is offline   Reply With Quote