R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #2611
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

What are the pros and cons of the adjustable pistons and do the pros outweigh the cons? Thanks.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #2612
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,482
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

New Nikita V3 outdrives now available at www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/. They feature a 90 degree offset to further reduce wear and tear on the drive line. The outdrives are designed for 50mm drive shafts, but might fit 52mm shafts depending upon arm spacing. The depth of the U cut is similar to the original manufacturing run.

__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #2613
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
New Nikita V3 outdrives now available at www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/. They feature a 90 degree offset to further reduce wear and tear on the drive line. The outdrives are designed for 50mm drive shafts, but might fit 52mm shafts depending upon arm spacing. The depth of the U cut is similar to the original manufacturing run.
Any chance you have a pic with a xray driveshaft sitting inside?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #2614
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,995
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
What are the pros and cons of the adjustable pistons and do the pros outweigh the cons? Thanks.
adjustable pistons only pro is the ease of being able to change make a quick change to the shock oil flow. Thats it.
no other advantage...
they tend to get loose and change setting after crash/etc.
more parts inside the shock...etc.

always go with fixed pistons...no disadvantage...build it and leave it.

Xray shock are very good...when they are built correctly.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #2615
Tech Elite
 
mike ivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comin at ya from a distant galaxy
Posts: 2,792
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guy's,


I got to try out these Nikita Outdrives On my Xray T3. I was very impressed with how they worked and the Quality of the machining.
__________________
[-eXpress motorsports-] [-TQ Wire-]

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #2616
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,482
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Pic of initial finishing Nikita V3 installed in Mike Ivy's XRay T3'11/12 with Spec-R drive shafts (equivalent to XRay 50mm)

__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #2617
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
adjustable pistons only pro is the ease of being able to change make a quick change to the shock oil flow. Thats it.
no other advantage...
they tend to get loose and change setting after crash/etc.
more parts inside the shock...etc.

always go with fixed pistons...no disadvantage...build it and leave it.

Xray shock are very good...when they are built correctly.
Thank you. That's what I figured.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #2618
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
New Nikita V3 outdrives now available at www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/. They feature a 90 degree offset to further reduce wear and tear on the drive line. The outdrives are designed for 50mm drive shafts, but might fit 52mm shafts depending upon arm spacing. The depth of the U cut is similar to the original manufacturing run.
I tested the V3's in my car with 2.0/1.5mm spacing and there was plenty of clearance with 50mm ECS's (xray ones). They worked great, can't wait for my shiney set to get installed

Also added a "seis" fan this weekend.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #2619
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I tested the V3's in my car with 2.0/1.5mm spacing and there was plenty of clearance with 50mm ECS's (xray ones). They worked great, can't wait for my shiney set to get installed

Also added a "seis" fan this weekend.
Did you try 52mm's?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #2620
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Did you try 52mm's?
I don't have them, I never understood why anyone needed them other than that hagberg runs them so they must be better The SPR outdrives work well with 50's even up to 2.25mm spacing.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #2621
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I don't have them, I never understood why anyone needed them other than that hagberg runs them so they must be better The SPR outdrives work well with 50's even up to 2.25mm spacing.
I run them because they came with the kit and the cheap alternatives to esc's (Spec-r) are 52mm lol.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #2622
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,482
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
I run them because they came with the kit and the cheap alternatives to esc's (Spec-r) are 52mm lol.
the picture i've included includes the SPEC-R -- which are like 50mm, not 52mm.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #2623
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
the picture i've included includes the SPEC-R -- which are like 50mm, not 52mm.
Ummmm....Hanulec There's something missing....Top now huh? You selling your 2012?
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #2624
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,482
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Ummmm....Hanulec There's something missing....Top now huh? You selling your 2012?
never owned a 2012. last XRay was a T3 (2010). i'm just filling a product gap -- good outdrives!
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #2625
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
never owned a 2012. last XRay was a T3 (2010). i'm just filling a product gap -- good outdrives!
Any plans for a similar product for the gear diff? It seems like everytime I'm replacing that plastic bit, only half of it is used.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2011 entitymugenmtx Electric On-Road 4150 05-19-2014 12:53 PM
Xray T3 2011 New in Box olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 08-04-2011 05:27 AM
XRAY T3 2012 bila nk keluar? bravolous Malaysian R/C Racers 8 06-16-2011 11:58 PM
Xray T3 nitro rat Australia For Sale/Trade 22 09-19-2010 03:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net