R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #2131
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,336
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
Defcone, would you mind sharing the part number of the yokomo bd-5 rr belt that you use. I just snap my rr belt a while ago & would like to try another one.

TIA
YOKBD189L
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #2132
Tech Elite
 
gawith0413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,263
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

How to calculate gear ratio? Is there a chart or something?
gawith0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #2133
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawith0413 View Post
How to calculate gear ratio? Is there a chart or something?
Spur/Pinion * 1.9

So if you are running a 112 spur and a 30 pinion, you divide 112 by 30 (which is 3.73) and multiply that by the internal ratio of the car, which is 1.9. So your FDR would be 7.09.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #2134
Tech Apprentice
 
Snotbyrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Default

has anyone had a problem with the front solid composite axle assembly? I just got a 2012 T3 kit and while trying to assemble the front solid composite axle I found that the screws the instructions tell you to use to tighten down the outdrives into the composite axle just drop right in and fall right out of the axle, they do not grab anything. Is the front axle hole supposed to be threaded because mine is not. I tried contacting xray but they just seem to not read my emails very well and they are trying to blame me for over tightening the screw but the screw never grabbed to begin with so I'm not sure how I can strip a hole that the screw never grabbed in to begin with, either that or the screws they sent were the wrong size and after putting my caliper on them, the screw measured 2.95 instead of 3mm, but I would think that's not enough of a difference to not grab at all. Has any one else ran into this problem?? Is the front axle supposed to be threaded inside ??

Last edited by Snotbyrd; 04-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Snotbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #2135
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,336
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbyrd View Post
has anyone had a problem with the front solid composite axle assembly? I just got a 2012 T3 kit and while trying to assemble the front solid composite axle I found that the screws the instructions tell you to use to tighten down the outdrives into the composite axle just drop right in and fall right out of the axle, they do not grab anything. Is the front axle hole supposed to be threaded because mine is not. I tried contacting xray but they just seem to not read my emails very well and they are trying to blame me for over tightening the screw but the screw never grabbed to begin with so I'm not sure how I can strip a hole that the screw never grabbed in to begin with, either that or the screws they sent were the wrong size and after putting my caliper on them, the screw measured 2.95 instead of 3mm, but I would think that's not enough of a difference to not grab at all. Has any one else ran into this problem?? Is the front axle supposed to be threaded inside ??
Try a longer screw?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #2136
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbyrd View Post
has anyone had a problem with the front solid composite axle assembly? I just got a 2012 T3 kit and while trying to assemble the front solid composite axle I found that the screws the instructions tell you to use to tighten down the outdrives into the composite axle just drop right in and fall right out of the axle, they do not grab anything. Is the front axle hole supposed to be threaded because mine is not. I tried contacting xray but they just seem to not read my emails very well and they are trying to blame me for over tightening the screw but the screw never grabbed to begin with so I'm not sure how I can strip a hole that the screw never grabbed in to begin with, either that or the screws they sent were the wrong size and after putting my caliper on them, the screw measured 2.95 instead of 3mm, but I would think that's not enough of a difference to not grab at all. Has any one else ran into this problem?? Is the front axle supposed to be threaded inside ??
No, there is no thread. It's created as you screw into the composite section of the pulley.

Put the screw through the outdrive so there is some thread sticking through (can't remember how much) now start to screw it into the pulley, SLOWLY.
As the screw works it's way in you will see the outdrive slowly get pulled into pulley, this helps you to know when to stop.
Make sure you put the bearings on first
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #2137
Tech Master
 
samnelso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Posts: 1,751
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The screws are 10mm long 3mm button heads. The threads will be created as you tighten down the screw.
__________________
Team Associated | Reedy | Airtronics

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #2138
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 280
Default

Can someone give me a starting point for a very large track 225' straight
Spur/pinion ( probably 8.5 or 7.5 motor)
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #2139
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan View Post
Can someone give me a starting point for a very large track 225' straight
Spur/pinion ( probably 8.5 or 7.5 motor)
boost? non boost?
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #2140
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
boost? non boost?
Preferred non boost but maybe both
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #2141
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

try starting with about a 7.0 without boost. Not entirely sure on the non-boost because i have never run 7.5 without, i usually run boosted 7.5 or 4.0 but for boosted i would start around 8.2ish and work from there based on temps and how much boost you are running, you can adjust boost or change gears.
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #2142
Tech Apprentice
 
Snotbyrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Default

thanks to all for your responses, OK the axle hole threads as you screw the screw in, I get that ( not my first kit). The problem is that the hole in the axle your supposed to screw into is too big and the screws don't grab on any material to thread into, they just flop right out. I didn't over tighten as the screw doesn't grab anything it just drops all the way in and then falls all the way out.
Xray is being little to no help as they keep saying things like I over tightened it but again the screws never grabbed anything to thread into so i can't over tightened. has anybody else had this problem with their kits?
Snotbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #2143
Tech Elite
 
FK05 lover's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: somewhere in 1973
Posts: 2,994
Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbyrd View Post
thanks to all for your responses, OK the axle hole threads as you screw the screw in, I get that ( not my first kit). The problem is that the hole in the axle your supposed to screw into is too big and the screws don't grab on any material to thread into, they just flop right out. I didn't over tighten as the screw doesn't grab anything it just drops all the way in and then falls all the way out.
Xray is being little to no help as they keep saying things like I over tightened it but again the screws never grabbed anything to thread into so i can't over tightened. has anybody else had this problem with their kits?
I comprehend what you are saying, the hole the screw goes into is too big, I had one that wouldn't tighten on one side, fortunately for me, I have lots of Xray spares so it wasn't a problem

I can only suggest you get a new spool, if you use bigger screws you'll most likely expand & distort the material, if you were in Australia, I'd send one to you...
__________________
CastleHill Raceway...
FK05 lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #2144
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I had one small problem with my kit where one of the screws that secures the spur gear to the axle had no thread on it, but other than that the build was perfect.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #2145
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,060
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

if any one whats parts cheap for the xray t3 2012 let me know, pm me I have tons of parts I am selling
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2011 entitymugenmtx Electric On-Road 4150 05-19-2014 12:53 PM
Xray T3 2011 New in Box olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 08-04-2011 05:27 AM
XRAY T3 2012 bila nk keluar? bravolous Malaysian R/C Racers 8 06-16-2011 11:58 PM
Xray T3 nitro rat Australia For Sale/Trade 22 09-19-2010 03:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net