Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
Hey there guys, Just picked up a 2012. I have the rear belt on the loosest setting and its still not as loose as I would like it. Is there another belt guys would recommend or is there a way to stretch the xray one? Any suggestions is much appreciated.
Rear belt for a T.O.P. Photon. I have one in my Mod car. I recently snapped the kit one and the track was all out of XRAY belts so I put a Photon belt on. It fits just slightly more loose, but definitely fits well. Probably exactly what you are looking for.

The low friction white belts aren't as strong as their standard black belts.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Perhaps binding of the CVDs? Or steering throw is too much and you are losing grip?
Nothing is binding nor is there to much throw. If there was to much throw, I think the car would just swing the back end around. The car is not loosing grip either, just seems to pause for a sec to complete turn. I don't know any other way to explain it. Other cars at the track seem to carry more corner speed then my car in off power corners.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stro3579
Nothing is binding nor is there to much throw. If there was to much throw, I think the car would just swing the back end around. The car is not loosing grip either, just seems to pause for a sec to complete turn. I don't know any other way to explain it. Other cars at the track seem to carry more corner speed then my car in off power corners.
how much rear droop do you have?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

How are you guys rounding the edges of your chassis?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
how much rear droop do you have?
5mm on down stop rear
2mm rear droop
5mm ride height.

My set up is basically Eric Anderson snowbird set up. The car works great, I just want it to roll more in the mid corner, instead of hesitating. I don't know if it's to much roll in the rear or what.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

5mm on down stop rear
2mm rear droop
5mm ride height.

My set up is basically Eric Anderson snowbird set up. The car works great, I just want it to roll more in the mid corner, instead of hesitating. I don't know if it's to much roll in the rear or what.
I would try increasing rear droop over ride height, People may think its crazy but on a downstop measurement im at 3.0 to 3.5mm which equates to about 4.5mm over ride height. This makes the car have great off power steering and corner speed. I literally cant keep people away from my pit asking questions about why my car rotates so well when they are having issues getting theirs to. Also, you may want to increase front droop as well, this allows the car to roll more overall, resulting in better grip, which ,of coarse, results in better steering and corner speed.

Also, what roll centers are you running as well as your inner camber link positions.

Hope some of this helps! -Randy
Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will try that. But I for got to mention I removed the rear sway bar due to lack of rear traction to get more roll in the rear. The car now has traction, but pauses in mid corner in the rear. Maybe the car isn't rea ting quick enough in the rear to corners. Dunno? But will try anything
Old 04-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

I will try that. But I for got to mention I removed the rear sway bar due to lack of rear traction to get more roll in the rear. The car now has traction, but pauses in mid corner in the rear. Maybe the car isn't rea ting quick enough in the rear to corners. Dunno? But will try anything
Put the rear bar back on, and then try what i posted above. If you would like my complete setup, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I am not a team driver for anybody except for my battery company, but with this setup, TQ'd and won over multiple team drivers for TOP/ Xray/ AE and also one from serpent. Let me know. -Randy
Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Tamiya Ecs part #? Direct fit?
They won't fit. I was just dreaming.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Too much throw would plow the front tires. The front tires can break loss rather than steer the car if it's too much. Sounds like you've checked it though.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys

I'll be running my t3 12 soon at a local track (asphalt, low - medium grip, 13.5 with boost). Any suggestions on where place the eccentric holder for the rear belt? The standard on the kit (middle position) is just too tight for me and is currently placed 2 notches looser.

Just want to know the other's set up and experience before i run my baby and surely not want to spend on rear belts.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga
Hi guys

I'll be running my t3 12 soon at a local track (asphalt, low - medium grip, 13.5 with boost). Any suggestions on where place the eccentric holder for the rear belt? The standard on the kit (middle position) is just too tight for me and is currently placed 2 notches looser.

Just want to know the other's set up and experience before i run my baby and surely not want to spend on rear belts.

Thanks in advance.
I ran my belt in the middle position but now after a month of running the car they are in the next notch to make it tighter. I think if the belts are too loose you will go through them more often.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Many thanks mild seven, much appreciated
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In mod drivers usually have tighter belts but in slower classes they are usually loose.
I run 21.5 boosted on outdoor ashphault and my belts are very loose, this is what everyone who runs X-ray and other cars does at our track.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by narcotiks
In mod drivers usually have tighter belts but in slower classes they are usually loose.
I run 21.5 boosted on outdoor ashphault and my belts are very loose, this is what everyone who runs X-ray and other cars does at our track.
Thanks narcotiks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.