Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #1936
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #1937
Tech Rookie

Angry Exchange Rate

Hey does anyone know why RC America hasnt lowered prices on its parts. The USD is trading 18% higher to the Euro compared to the last price increase. Seems to me that the Exchange Rate should help in the other direction as well.

-Rafa
racinrafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #1938
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinrafa View Post
Hey does anyone know why RC America hasnt lowered prices on its parts. The USD is trading 18% higher to the Euro compared to the last price increase. Seems to me that the Exchange Rate should help in the other direction as well.

-Rafa

... your joking .... right ????
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #1939
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinrafa View Post

-Rafa
You made a new account just to ask that??? Here's the number to the shop, give 'em a call...214.744.2400
Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #1940
Tech Fanatic

His posting strategies aside (no need to make a new handle to vent), his math is correct unless both of ours isn't haha. I just checked. Looked like the euro peaked compared to the US Dollar in 2008 and has fallen approximately 18% since. I do not think this will change anything stateside though. The market currently sells t3 12's for 500.00 dollars (this is what is really important, not the currency) and rc america cant keep them in stock because they have the best car which includes durability (less parts breakage, less worn out parts, and more finishing of races)

Texas EOS 2017!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #1941
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
His posting strategies aside (no need to make a new handle to vent), his math is correct unless both of ours isn't haha. I just checked. Looked like the euro peaked compared to the US Dollar in 2008 and has fallen approximately 18% since. I do not think this will change anything stateside though. The market currently sells t3 12's for 500.00 dollars (this is what is really important, not the currency) and rc america cant keep them in stock because they have the best car which includes durability (less parts breakage, less worn out parts, and more finishing of races)
Yes sir!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #1942
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
.... and rc america cant keep them in stock...
or the arms, or the caster blocks, or the shock bladders, or the chassis plates, or the servo savers, or the gear diffs, or the ........
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #1943
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
or the arms, or the caster blocks, or the shock bladders, or the chassis plates, or the servo savers, or the gear diffs, or the ........
This is what happens when the product is well desired, blame the market. Where are you looking where you can't find product???
Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #1944
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
This is what happens when the product is well desired, blame the market. Where are you looking where you can't find product???
I've been trying to get a 1.6 front swaybar since November, and various other swaybar options (1.1 rear swaybar).... since NOVEMBER... Nexus Racing, Ashford Hobbies, AMain... all sold out since at least then.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #1945
Tech Master

Quote:
When Nexus is out of stock I know it is because RCA is out of stock. You may choose to look at it as "well desired," but I choose to look at it as a case of reorder points/par levels being too low for the replenishment lead time.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #1946
Tech Elite

Quote:
When Nexus is out of stock I know it is because RCA is out of stock. You may choose to look at it as "well desired," but I choose to look at it as a case of reorder points/par levels being too low for the replenishment lead time.
You do realize that Nexus isn't the only online shop that stocks XRAY/HUDY product right?

http://www.speedtechrc.com
http://www.tqrcracing.com/
http://www.amainhobbies.com/
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #1947
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah, just plan on ordering from HK, the US shops are hammered.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #1948
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
I've been trying to get a 1.6 front swaybar since November, and various other swaybar options (1.1 rear swaybar).... since NOVEMBER... Nexus Racing, Ashford Hobbies, AMain... all sold out since at least then.
Do you know if they have it on backorder? Because sold out doesn't always mean it's been backordered.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #1949
Tech Master

Quote:
You do realize that Nexus isn't the only online shop that stocks XRAY/HUDY product right?

http://www.speedtechrc.com
http://www.tqrcracing.com/
http://www.amainhobbies.com/
Yes I am aware that Nexus isn't the only online shop for Xray parts. I do know, however, that every item they stock is either "in stock" or on order with RCA. When parts are out of stock at Nexus for weeks it is because RCA is out of stock.

-Espo
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #1950
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes I am aware that Nexus isn't the only online shop for Xray parts. I do know, however, that every item they stock is either "in stock" or on order with RCA. When parts are out of stock at Nexus for weeks it is because RCA is out of stock.
My point is that other shops may have the parts you need in stock which really is a moot point if you are only going to support Nexus.