R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #1651
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by orci77 View Post
In Xray forum it was said that he was NOT running the 2,0mm.
Yes I seen that today. He had two cars with him, one had 2mm and 1.6 top deck and other car was 2.5/2mm top deck. I know after 4 days of practice at our track he said that 2mm was better (and our track had more grip than birds). I didnt realize he ran a different car at the Snowbirds than the one he settled on here in practice but apparently he must have.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #1652
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
The 2nd option is best when used with our ball studs because you will have a flat plane across the top without any concern like you would if you were using the stock 2012 ball cup or the 2011 ball cup with a screw rubbing on the rim and you can run more shims if you choose as well.
Is there a shortage of the parts, will retailers get more soon? I won't be able to race for a few weeks, but right now I can't practice or anything.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #1653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Is there a shortage of the parts, will retailers get more soon? I won't be able to race for a few weeks, but right now I can't practice or anything.
I'm sorry to hear that. When I spoke to RCA about 2 weeks ago they were expecting a shipment in about 8 days or so from that point. Have you tried speedtechrc.com, tqrcracing.com, nexusracing.net, stormerhobbies.com or amainhobbies.com for availability?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #1654
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Quote:

what parts are you looking for? sorry no time to read back in the thread .
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #1655
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
The parts availiblity for this car isnt the greatest ...as well as the hudy line ....but its one of the cars everyone is getting soooooo.....
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #1656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We're doing it again!

For those of you in SoCal or can come down, we are having an open sedan chassis club race at the famed Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, CA. This is a great chance for you T3 drivers to drive on a track that is normally reserved for Tamiyas only!

Speedtech RC presents The Grand Club Race at the world famous Tamiya Raceway. Join us on Saturday, March 31st, 2012 for this special one day racing event. Open TC chassis, open tires, open battery, open body, and tons o fun.

Pre-registration is now open. Preregistration price is $15 for your first class and $10 each additional. Sign ups on race day will be $20 for your first class, $10 additional.

Sign up early to reserve your spot. We will be capping the # of racers and # of heats due to time constraints.

For more details and to sign up for racing... click here.

RCtech thread here
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #1657
Tech Regular

Hey guys, just got myself a T3'12 and was just wondering how to the plastic shocks hold up in crashes. Do they pop off easily and is there a true need to upgrade to aluminium parts?

Cheers for any input provided.

Three hours into the build and I'm loving it.
tak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #1658
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak4 View Post
Hey guys, just got myself a T3'12 and was just wondering how to the plastic shocks hold up in crashes. Do they pop off easily and is there a true need to upgrade to aluminium parts?

Cheers for any input provided.

Three hours into the build and I'm loving it.
They don't pop off nor break easily. Now that I think about it I can't recall ever breaking a shock body or needing to replace one from fatigue/failure. The only reason why some of us run the aluminum shocks is because they generate a bit more overall traction since they have a piston hole size of 1.1mm versus the 1.0mm piston hole size of the composite shocks. So go ahead and stick with them you will be okay.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #1659
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Anyone have a setup for RCGT 17.5 blinky medium technical track?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #1660
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Matt W
Default new centre servo mount

Hi,

Has anyone tried the new centre servo mount that xray have just released?

Do you actually notice any difference in handling with it on?
Matt W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #1661
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Hi,

Has anyone tried the new centre servo mount that xray have just released?

Do you actually notice any difference in handling with it on?

It took 47 grams out of my wallet.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #1662
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. When I spoke to RCA about 2 weeks ago they were expecting a shipment in about 8 days or so from that point. Have you tried speedtechrc.com, tqrcracing.com, nexusracing.net, stormerhobbies.com or amainhobbies.com for availability?
Cool. I went on Amain and Stormer, didn't know about the others. Thank you!

Quote:
what parts are you looking for? sorry no time to read back in the thread .
This:

I'm happy its a popular car, and I understand that sometimes parts just get used up without time to restock. I'm not butt hurt, I would just like to fix my car. It was kinda a freak accident. One of the spotters stepped in front of the car... he said I hit his foot so hard he felt it in the back of his skull! I'm very impressed with the durability, now I just need to get more steering.

I tried using the spool up front, and it just didn't perform on the asphalt track we ran on. I switched to a ball diff; its better but I still prefer the one way in my Pro 4. I figured carpet is what they had in mind for this thing. I used the suggested asphalt setup, still no good. So last race day, one of the better drivers from out of town came out to "school us" He whooped us pretty good, and used a spool doing it. I'll have to bug him for his setup, he had all the steering he could need.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #1663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I was ordering extra parts as well and could not find x ray 302665 anywhere even in hong kong lol, but will wait, and where an i order the new servo mount option, some one who will have it in stock thanks
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #1664
Tech Elite

Quote:
Cool. I went on Amain and Stormer, didn't know about the others. Thank you!

This:

I'm happy its a popular car, and I understand that sometimes parts just get used up without time to restock. I'm not butt hurt, I would just like to fix my car. It was kinda a freak accident. One of the spotters stepped in front of the car... he said I hit his foot so hard he felt it in the back of his skull! I'm very impressed with the durability, now I just need to get more steering.

I tried using the spool up front, and it just didn't perform on the asphalt track we ran on. I switched to a ball diff; its better but I still prefer the one way in my Pro 4. I figured carpet is what they had in mind for this thing. I used the suggested asphalt setup, still no good. So last race day, one of the better drivers from out of town came out to "school us" He whooped us pretty good, and used a spool doing it. I'll have to bug him for his setup, he had all the steering he could need.
Yep, those are them
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1665
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks like RCAmerica just got their shipment in yesterday or today, so hobby shops should be getting re-stocked by next week.