R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #1621
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddycool View Post
Hi guys

I have a noob question which I am sure has been answered in the past but I am hoping since the brushless motors have been around for longer now I can draw on some of your experiences.

Basically I am looking for a 17.5 sensored motor for my xray T3 thats fast and reliable and doesnt get too hot as I am in Adelaide and the weather here can sit above 30C for long periods of time.

I have tried to find a Corally 17.5 pro red but they dont make them anymore.

Any suggestions or opinions would be welcome and dont hesitate to point out any motors that are crap

Thanks
Marius

Apparently the schuur speed motors are the new kick asses to get
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #1622
Tech Regular
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Apparently the schuur speed motors are the new kick asses to get
lol, how many do u own Rob
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #1623
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Default 2012 spur gear... Offset?

I'm looking at the kit spurgear and I don't see any offset to this gear. What part of the gear is offset on the 2012? I'm getting ready to order gears but not sure if I really need an offset gear since the gear looks centered on both sides
Brian Marz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #1624
Tech Regular
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Marz View Post
I'm looking at the kit spurgear and I don't see any offset to this gear. What part of the gear is offset on the 2012? I'm getting ready to order gears but not sure if I really need an offset gear since the gear looks centered on both sides
if you look close enough you will see one side is flat while the other side has some depth to it
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #1625
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Marz View Post
I'm looking at the kit spurgear and I don't see any offset to this gear. What part of the gear is offset on the 2012? I'm getting ready to order gears but not sure if I really need an offset gear since the gear looks centered on both sides
It's to do with the width of the spur in the centre, where it mounts against the layshaft.
You do need the offset spurs.
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #1626
Tech Adept
 
sagejyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 170
Default

just ordered my kit! should be here in time for nationals.
sagejyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #1627
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,605
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I've noticed that on several of Hagberg's setup sheets he has been running a little bit of arm sweep in the front. He lists 2mm shims between the front roll center block and the arm mount....

Anybody know where to get 1mm or 2mm shims the same dia as the normal Xray ones?
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #1628
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagejyoung View Post
just ordered my kit! should be here in time for nationals.
Use all the kit shims and oils in all the specified places, make sure everything is nice and free and smooth, and the car is dialed out of the box! I ran mine for the first time last week on 2 different race days and TQ'd and won both days!
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #1629
Tech Master
 
ByteStream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I've noticed that on several of Hagberg's setup sheets he has been running a little bit of arm sweep in the front. He lists 2mm shims between the front roll center block and the arm mount....

Anybody know where to get 1mm or 2mm shims the same dia as the normal Xray ones?
The Xray lower suspension shims are 3mm x 7.5mm x thickness.

Xray sells them in 0.4, 0.75, 1.15 and 1.5mm sizes

0.4 x 5 = 2mm

If you are willing to go to a little smaller shim, 3x7x1 or 3x7x2 you can find them all over with a quick search.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | KO Propo | Hobbywing HWNA | R1Wurks | BSR Tires
5280 Raceway - www.5280raceway.com
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #1630
Tech Adept
 
sagejyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Use all the kit shims and oils in all the specified places, make sure everything is nice and free and smooth, and the car is dialed out of the box! I ran mine for the first time last week on 2 different race days and TQ'd and won both days!
hey thanks! i saw the car was dialled out the box with a mate of mine at a club raceday. Going to change the gear diff oil to 1000 from the 700 supplied - apart from that will run it from kit setup - i have a friday off to test the car the day before we start qualifiers - i also have a photon which i will use to test against the car and make a decsion on which to use that weekend. seems i'll be more than likely going with the Xray for that weekend.
sagejyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #1631
Tech Adept
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagejyoung View Post
hey thanks! i saw the car was dialled out the box with a mate of mine at a club raceday. Going to change the gear diff oil to 1000 from the 700 supplied - apart from that will run it from kit setup - i have a friday off to test the car the day before we start qualifiers - i also have a photon which i will use to test against the car and make a decsion on which to use that weekend. seems i'll be more than likely going with the Xray for that weekend.
__________________
Team Max EP Terengganu.
Kuala Terengganu Radio Control Club.
Joy and Passion, its all about.
Ariel Reds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #1632
Tech Adept
 
sagejyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Reds View Post


how neccessary would it be to have both sets of ECS's the 50mm and the 52mm - has any one tried this? does it make a 'massive'/noticable difference in the cars handling using the 50mm's over the 52mm's? for around $160 for both sets seems a little excessive.
sagejyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #1633
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagejyoung View Post


how neccessary would it be to have both sets of ECS's the 50mm and the 52mm - has any one tried this? does it make a 'massive'/noticable difference in the cars handling using the 50mm's over the 52mm's? for around $160 for both sets seems a little excessive.
I went from kit 52mm spring steel ones to 50mm spec r ones and only noticed a little less tendency for the car to kick around mid corner. If you want, you could just buy the different length dog bone for the ecs and change them that way.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #1634
Tech Adept
 
sagejyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
I went from kit 52mm spring steel ones to 50mm spec r ones and only noticed a little less tendency for the car to kick around mid corner. If you want, you could just buy the different length dog bone for the ecs and change them that way.
was thinking that. if i cant get consistent without playing with everything else i would consider it. thanks
sagejyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #1635
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzplayer View Post
lol, how many do u own Rob
Its on its way .....but if u knew how to read u would see i said "apparently" which would mean i dont own one myself ....but we can go over the english language next race day if u like
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2011 entitymugenmtx Electric On-Road 4150 05-19-2014 12:53 PM
Xray T3 2011 New in Box olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 08-04-2011 05:27 AM
XRAY T3 2012 bila nk keluar? bravolous Malaysian R/C Racers 8 06-16-2011 11:58 PM
Xray T3 nitro rat Australia For Sale/Trade 22 09-19-2010 03:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net