R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Think vibrating shaft buggered car!!!

Right I just upgraded my car to a brushless motor!! I went to go and use it and and it worked fine in my hand,,then I put it on the floor and it shot off only to stop 5 foot away,,then it just stoped untill I walked closer to it then it just started jumping forward on it's own,,it was like it had a mind off it's own!!

I then picked it up and it started working fine in my hand!! I noticed that if I tilted the car forward or sideways it would accelerate on it's own and also steering was twitching, it always works in my Hand but as soon as it gets 5 foot away it stops and seems to do what ever it feels like,,

On closer inspection I notice this,, with the increase in power the shaft turned so fast it vibrated of the side of the servo and damaged the wire leading off to become the antena and sliced half way through it!!!

Do you Think this damaged wire is the problem? I.e if I soldered a new wire in the servo it would work again!!!
Cheers for eeading this mega long post!!!
dogspencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

Damaged wires between the servo and Rx will definitely cause issues, similar to "glitching". Fix your wires and the problems should go away. Plus, you better fix the root cause, the drive shaft rubbing the wires, or it will happen again.
*** The Gate - Celebrating 7 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote