Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*Video of HPI sport 2 flux road course racing.*

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Default *Video of HPI sport 2 flux road course racing.*

Hey guys, I'm new to RC cars. Next month i am purchasing an HPI Sport 2 flux. I've been search youtube and cannot find any good videos of these cars in action! Anybody here have any good sites or their own videos i could view publicly? thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Hey guys, I'm new to RC cars. Next month i am purchasing an HPI Sport 2 flux. I've been search youtube and cannot find any good videos of these cars in action! Anybody here have any good sites or their own videos i could view publicly? thanks.
You probably won't find many(if any) people racing a Sprint2 Flux with the kit motor and ESC(an HPI re-branded castle creations sensorless 5700kv motor and sidewinder ESC). One of the main problems is that the kit motor in the flux version would only be legal in an open modified class, but it won't be competitive in that class. It would be a bit slower on the straight and much slower through the infield.

There's one guy I know that races a Sprint2 chassis in 21.5 blinky class(He put in a 21.5 motor and ESC with zero timing to be legal). He's not usually dead last at least. I've heard of several guys using them for USVTA.

It's just not really a race chassis and for bashing you really need to modify a few things to prevent pebbles and other debris from tearing apart the rear belt and diff pulley.

I could make a pretty long list of what I feel is wrong with the sprint2 flux' design and included electronics, but I've been really trying not to be too negative lately.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Suspended

I'm not going into serious racing for a while yet. Gotta get used to using them. I know a bunch of guys that have made an out-door road course track. I guess Ill mess around with them to get used to it, Then move on to a competitive class. I was looking at the HB TC by HPI. It looks crazy fast!!! Thanks man!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Suspended

What Competitive RC would you recommend that is around $500-600?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biggie85
What Competitive RC would you recommend that is around $500-600?
We just had another thread like this last week..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...uring-car.html
Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Suspended

Sorry for double posting, I found out lastnight my local track runs VTA. Im gonna setup my flux for that! thanks guys.