Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Getting back into R/C Racing. >

Getting back into R/C Racing.

Getting back into R/C Racing.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Getting back into R/C Racing.

Hey Guy's I've been out of r/c racing since 1999, I want to get back into it again with my grandson, what is the best pancar chassis for indoor carpet track racing? I will be running at Rosewood Speedway in Goldsboro N.C. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Joe Jones from Kinston N.C.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do you want to run 1/12 or 1/10. But for 1/12 I say the Team Associated, with the 1/10 I would go with either xray, or serpent.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Take a trip to Rosewood Speedway and see what the guys are running. If you choose a chassis that others are running, you can get setup help locally. Also, guys may have spare parts if you are missing something.

Just about all of the cars available today are solid. Parts cost and availability are the Achilles heel for some brands.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll give a shout out for CRC. Solid affordable cars & cheap parts if you ever need them. I have yet to break anything on my Gen X 10 LE aside from a side-link on my first run. Forgot Loctite on the ball screws

Serpents do look freakin amazing though
Old 09-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

racing car
Old 09-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Getting back in!

Hey guys thanks for the replies, I'll be running 1/10 scale. I ran r/c cars years ago on our back yard concrete oval track just wanted to get up to speed. Most of the guy's I spoke to were running the associated pan car to which all were hooked up. I guess like you guy's said run whats working also can get parts at the hobby shop at the track, again THANKS GUY'S!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default racing for fun and enjoyment!!

Originally Posted by joe jones
Hey guys thanks for the replies, I'll be running 1/10 scale. I ran r/c cars years ago on our back yard concrete oval track just wanted to get up to speed. Most of the guy's I spoke to were running the associated pan car to which all were hooked up. I guess like you guy's said run whats working also can get parts at the hobby shop at the track, again THANKS GUY'S!!!!!!
To be the MAN you have to BEAT the MAN, some strong running guy's there, lots of fun to be had!!!!!!