R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #1111
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubean View Post
Love this car......but can't convince the touring car guys around me to bite. So I will be running this just for my own pleasure. makes me want to run some rubber tires on it if it is just going to be me. Has anyone managed to fit some M Chassis rims/tires on this? Thank you.
JJ
If you go back a few pages through the thread there are some posts from a guy that managed to put rubber tyres from a Yokomo GT500 car... I've considered using bits from the Tamiya F103GT and some bits from the Tech racing conversion thing that was available... but now the Tech Racing site seems to be gone and to be honest I doubt it will ever handle as well on the rubber tyres as it does on the foams
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #1112
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 83
Default

@ShadowAu, Thanks for that response. I Will have a look. I agree, that it will never handle properly, but its just for fun. With the 380 brushless from an airplane and a large capacity battery, It will be my endurance race, to see how few mistakes I can make in an hour !
jujubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #1113
Tech Addict
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 698
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, tried to do a search but couldn't seem to find the answer.

My width of my kit tires for the rear seem to be 3mm less than the wheels. I tried to stretch them a bit but didn't seem to help much. Is this normal?

Any tips or tricks when mounting with the double sided tape?

Thanks

Edit:
Seems even narrower when dry mounted. The only reason I could think of is that they have shrunk.

Last edited by rc_square24; 05-21-2015 at 10:20 AM.
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #1114
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
Hey guys, tried to do a search but couldn't seem to find the answer.

My width of my kit tires for the rear seem to be 3mm less than the wheels. I tried to stretch them a bit but didn't seem to help much. Is this normal?

Any tips or tricks when mounting with the double sided tape?

Thanks

Edit:
Seems even narrower when dry mounted. The only reason I could think of is that they have shrunk.
This is normal
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #1115
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 4
Default

Hi there, I've just built my RM-01 that I'm going to enter into my local carpet racing club with their 'Pan Car' class. What 64dp pinion and spur should I use with a 10.5 brushless motor?

Thanks
__________________
www.tamiyacrazy.com
#tamiyacrazy
#rctouringcar
TamiyaCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #1116
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaCrazy View Post
Hi there, I've just built my RM-01 that I'm going to enter into my local carpet racing club with their 'Pan Car' class. What 64dp pinion and spur should I use with a 10.5 brushless motor?

Thanks
Track size is always going to dictate gearing but with a 10.5 I've been running 80/43 at the small carpet track I visit occasionally.
__________________
I am quite content with doing what I do

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:34 PM   #1117
Tech Elite
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,271
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

With the 380 motor and 2S lipo, would you say these are about the same speed as a silver can M05 (m-chassis) with 2S, or would the RM01 be significantly faster?

Been wanting to get back into pancars and these might be a good fit for me.
__________________
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #1118
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakadachi View Post
With the 380 motor and 2S lipo, would you say these are about the same speed as a silver can M05 (m-chassis) with 2S, or would the RM01 be significantly faster?

Been wanting to get back into pancars and these might be a good fit for me.
not sure about the 380 because I've never seen anyone actually use them but I would say that the RM01 would be faster regardless - nearly half the weight to start with and no real limit on gearing
__________________
I am quite content with doing what I do

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing

Last edited by ShadowAu; 08-28-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spealing.. ahh spelling :P
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #1119
Tech Elite
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,271
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the comment. I should try one. 380 with 1/16th size 2S.
__________________
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #1120
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

I've been driving my RM-01 for a while with the 380 sport tuned motor and a 2-cell Li-Po battery.
The car is way faster then a M-05 but the higher voltage is actually overkil for the 6.6V 380 motor.
You can't use this combination for 5 or 6 minutes without overheating the motor cause of the higher voltage of a 2-cell Li-Po battery.
You'll get the same effect as when the Xray M18 had it's glory days, people used a 6V motor with a 7,2V battery for the extra speed but need to replace the motor quite often.

I wouldn't recommend this combination, it's better to invest for a cheap brushless combo in combination with a 2-cell Li-Po battery that has the same dimensions as a 1-cell Li-Po battery that's been used for 1/12th scale racing.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #1121
Tech Master
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,881
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have their aluminum 380 motor adapter and motor shaft sleeve that they are not using and would like to sell? PM me please!
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #1122
Tech Elite
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,271
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I've been driving my RM-01 for a while with the 380 sport tuned motor and a 2-cell Li-Po battery.
The car is way faster then a M-05 but the higher voltage is actually overkil for the 6.6V 380 motor.
You can't use this combination for 5 or 6 minutes without overheating the motor cause of the higher voltage of a 2-cell Li-Po battery.
You'll get the same effect as when the Xray M18 had it's glory days, people used a 6V motor with a 7,2V battery for the extra speed but need to replace the motor quite often.

I wouldn't recommend this combination, it's better to invest for a cheap brushless combo in combination with a 2-cell Li-Po battery that has the same dimensions as a 1-cell Li-Po battery that's been used for 1/12th scale racing.
addicted - Thanks for your post, sorry I did not see this until today.
I run a 380 Sport-tuned on my M-Four (2S Lipo) with a fan. Thing gets blistering hot, but I've driven the thing literally hundreds of times already and no issue with the motor.

I think I might get one of these down the road. I wish there were more retailers that have the RM01X. I don't feel like spending $390 at TamiyaUSA when I can get a nice CRC or something for almost half the price.
__________________
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #1123
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Got some new pieces for the RM01. It's already pretty competitive as it was, just hoping that these upgrades take it to another level and not poopify it


Temporary electronics and looking slim on Tamiya parts

what servo mount is that?
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #1124
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,270
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

If anyone has a RM01X roller for sale in great condition, please send me an email at suradajj@gmail.com or PM. Thanks~!
JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #1125
Tech Addict
 
rimracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southington CT
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
If anyone has a RM01X roller for sale in great condition, please send me an email at suradajj@gmail.com or PM. Thanks~!
Tamiya RM01X Brand new
rimracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net