R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #646
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,462
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Well I finally put together the Full Option RM

Race/Shakedown at TQRC this past Sun
Result. TQ and the W in Mod

Car was on rails after a bit of tuning
This thing is a lot of fun to race !

The carbon/aluminum upgrades turn a mellow RM into a racing Thoroughbred
It is much more responsive, and turns in very sharp

Was thinking the car would be awesome with a wide (172mm setup)
Turns out, I couldn't be more wrong about that, the longer standard bearing axles(54366) allow a wider front end, however the cars handles much better closer the stock kit width
The geometry is all out of sorts by widening the kit with long front axles and spacers, the standard bearing axles are handy for using US spec wheels though

Front camber was near perfect, tires wore nice and flat if rotated every run

Here's a few pics, and the setup





Good looking car.

Is that fully hopped up your main 1/12th car? In the vid posted of you running it looks solid! Would you say with the option parts it's now on par with the other 1/12ths is race trim?
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #647
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Good looking car.

Is that fully hopped up your main 1/12th car? In the vid posted of you running it looks solid! Would you say with the option parts it's now on par with the other 1/12ths is race trim?
I have a few 12th scale cars...

This was a fun build, and it is a very quick club racer, if your looking for something a little different

I also have an RM without hop-ups, for asphalt races, it's more than capable of running with the pack as well

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #648
Tech Champion
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 6,994
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
Will an Associated axle/axle bearings fit in those height adjusters? Also, what about the standard parts?

I'm looking for the cheapest rear aluminium pod plates possible, that I can put a standard axle through, for a project, and it seems that perhaps those made for the RM-01 might be it. If anyone else knows otherwise let me know.
__________________
Reigning NSW 4WD Group 20 Champion
Member: Maitland Radio Car Club (http://www.morcc.com.au)
twitter: @dvcotton
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU

Last edited by Radio Active; 08-27-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #649
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
Will an Associated axle/axle bearings fit in those height adjusters? Also, what about the standard parts?

I'm looking for the cheapest rear aluminium pod plates possible, that I can put a standard axle through, for a project, and it seems that perhaps those made for the RM-01 might be it. If anyone else knows otherwise let me know.
Associated, and most other 12th scale cars use 1/4" axle, bearings, etc
Tamiya use 6mm, it's all just a little different, and not interchangeable
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #650
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,954
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I'm super-dialed!
Congrats on your win, Mr. National Champion!
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #651
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

ei RedBull,

Nice looking RM01!

btw, are you using the thin TRF shocks for RM-01 and F104v2, or the regular TC TRF Shocks? Are they different in terms of handling and performance?

TIA
Minami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #652
Tech Champion
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 6,994
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Associated, and most other 12th scale cars use 1/4" axle, bearings, etc
Tamiya use 6mm, it's all just a little different, and not interchangeable
Thanks. Thought that might be the case.
__________________
Reigning NSW 4WD Group 20 Champion
Member: Maitland Radio Car Club (http://www.morcc.com.au)
twitter: @dvcotton
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #653
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just created some wheel/tire combos with a small discount built in:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...=1097&id=12935

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...=1097&id=12936
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #654
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Congrats on your win, Mr. National Champion!
Thanks 2X Champ^
Now go show em what's up in J-Land !

It was really fun to race 12th scale at Tamiya, a dream come true, and to have 11 of us racing in the main, so close in pace was awesome !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minami View Post
ei RedBull,

Nice looking RM01!

btw, are you using the thin TRF shocks for RM-01 and F104v2, or the regular TC TRF Shocks? Are they different in terms of handling and performance?

TIA
For outdoor racing my RM uses kit plastic dampers, for carpet racing I prefer an aluminum pitch damper, with the plastic side damper

There is little difference in feel between them

The aluminum pitch damper does offer more adjustment in length though
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #655
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default TCS Finals Setup

Setup Sheet from TCS Finals at TA Circuit

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #656
Tech Fanatic
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Rm01

I agree it was so much fun running this car tamiya.Did not need to play with setup that much was super easy to drive.Congrats on the win Dave and hope to race with you more.

Jon McLean
__________________
Tamiya 419 Tamiya evo5 ms,Tamiya Ta05r Tamiya FF04 rm01 Tamiya Ff03R
Ko proppo K.I.Y radio lrp speed control
Cfx paint works Fantom Racing Ko Proppo apex Rc tq hobbies acer racing Hebki design works
subaru73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #657
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Nice to meet you out there at TCS Jon

Vegas bound !
IIC

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #658
Tech Addict
 
mkennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: las vegas
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Nice to meet you out there at TCS Jon

Vegas bound !
IIC

super clean!
__________________
Mike Kennedy
AKA - Airtronics - F1RCLab - Thunder Power - JGO Paintz - Dialed Inc. - CompetitionX.com
mkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #659
Tech Regular
 
Alfonso_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: mandaluyong
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Alfonso_R
Default

Hi guys ! So I'm new to 12th scale and I'm thinking of this kit ! Well I dont really have a choice haha. What is needed to make this car competitive? I'll be running on a asphalt track that is indoors and med-high traction. Oh and if I want to use aftermarket wheels what would I be needing? Thanks !
Alfonso_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #660
Tech Regular
 
Alfonso_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: mandaluyong
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Alfonso_R
Default

BTW we will be running 13.5 non boosted !
Alfonso_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0