Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Corally HMX

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Guys, where can I buy this online? Also, what gear diff; if any fits?

I haven't got a chance to look through this thread now, but will when I am able too.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vwvrt
Im going to order the belt tommorow , i was looking at it i suppose you could change either the front or rear belt, i just randomly chose the front one , if there is any specific reason that you changed the rear belt instead, please tell me. To flip the layshaft and gears you have to cut a slot in the chassis for the spur gear closer to the motor mount , then just flip the layshaft over turn the internal shaft around so the side with the spacer is on the motor side, then just re shim it so neither side rubs. with the 37 t pulleys the internal gear ratio becomes 1.76:1. Ill try and put pic up . can anyone tell me why they built this car with an internal ratio of 1.71 when most other manufactures try to get as close as possible to 2.0
Donīt the spur gear hit the motor screw? I like the idea of the spur gear in the middle instead but that needs a little bit more fiddling.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
Nope :-)
Well, let's wait some more than.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

no, if you shim it correctly it does not rub the motor screw, i have about 2.5mm gap on mine.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys,

see post #149.
Pictures of my HMX with two Tamiya Ta05 Gear diffs on it.
Everything fits perfectly, sway bars mount too with little dremel work. You will have to shim the diff a little but it does fit very well as my pictures will show you.
I used Corally 18Teeth Center Pulley, instead of 21Teeth from the box, both gear diffs has 37Teeth. In the front, I used a longer Corally 510mm belt instead of the stock 507mm one. By the way, that longer front belt moves the lay shaft little further to the back which will give you more space for bigger teeth count pinions. I used Tamiya TRF 415 rear belt, two different parts number are available but same length. Also, Spec-R are making longer pinions that fits amazingly good, but I was also able to fit RobinsonRacing ones with no problems at all.
I am a Corally fan since the RDX and I have owned many RDX, Phi'07and Phi'09 but my HMX is by far the best car I ever had, I love it.
It is my fastest car so far, it is easy to drive and extremely consistent. I raced it a week ago and I did my best ever results.
I'm racing on carpet, blinky mode is the only touring car class we have at my local track.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stidanielt09
Hey guys,

see post #149.
Pictures of my HMX with two Tamiya Ta05 Gear diffs on it.
Everything fits perfectly, sway bars mount too with little dremel work. You will have to shim the diff a little but it does fit very well as my pictures will show you.
I used Corally 18Teeth Center Pulley, instead of 21Teeth from the box, both gear diffs has 37Teeth. In the front, I used a longer Corally 510mm belt instead of the stock 507mm one. By the way, that longer front belt moves the lay shaft little further to the back which will give you more space for bigger teeth count pinions. I used Tamiya TRF 415 rear belt, two different parts number are available but same length. Also, Spec-R are making longer pinions that fits amazingly good, but I was also able to fit RobinsonRacing ones with no problems at all.
I am a Corally fan since the RDX and I have owned many RDX, Phi'07and Phi'09 but my HMX is by far the best car I ever had, I love it.
It is my fastest car so far, it is easy to drive and extremely consistent. I raced it a week ago and I did my best ever results.
I'm racing on carpet, blinky mode is the only touring car class we have at my local track.
No problems with the driveshafts touching the outdrives when you compress the damper? With the Spec-R TA05 gear diffs you cut the outdrives 3 mm or use shorter Tamiya driveshafts.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

yes the original driveshafts are to long , ive got tamiya 44mm shafts in mine , i think you could also use the shorter axles from the front of the hmx. does anyone stock the spares for this im looking for a set of anti roll bars. I used the 189 rear belt instead of the 510 front because as somone has already said i planned on using smaller pinions , if i was using larger pinions higher ratio i would have got the longer front belt.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

What spring are you guys using , my kit came with the 22 pound 5.25 turns which I thought would be to hard . The manual says use 17 all round . I had a set off rayspeed 17lbs white fronts and 14 lbs blue rears . But the rear is a bit to soft
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

All of you guys should measuring your rear toe-in manual way - put your Corallys upended and measure your toe-in with an camber gauge, should be something around 4°

Turn your Corally's around and take a look on the chassis screws where the rear toe-in blocks are mounted. You will see that the RR blocks are more outer mounted then the RF Blocks!

really weird, that the corally team drivers realized that issue.

I've made a small picture now four you to show that issue:

Old 01-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Has anyone tried an Mi4 gear diff in the HMX? It's a 36t pulley.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
No problems with the driveshafts touching the outdrives when you compress the damper? With the Spec-R TA05 gear diffs you cut the outdrives 3 mm or use shorter Tamiya driveshafts.
I'm using shorter Corally part number 79182 CVB Bones because the supplied ones are little too long with Tamiya gear diffs. With shorter ones from older RDX/Phi'07 models at all four corners, everything fits perfectly. Not sure if it would fit with TRF417 gear diff because the diff itself is little longer. And I haven't tried any SpecR diff either, Tamiya diff are so inexpensive......why would I pay more for a SpecR one?

Also, for all of you having issues with your damper being too short for droop adjustement, you could use Corally part number 79222, which are damper shaft from older ones and they are few millimeters longer.
But newer pistons are thinner so you would have to shim them a little.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brians11
Has anyone tried an Mi4 gear diff in the HMX? It's a 36t pulley.
No not yet but maybe that is an option. but I don't know anyone who has an schumacher chassis at my local club
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stidanielt09
I'm using shorter Corally part number 79182 CVB Bones because the supplied ones are little too long with Tamiya gear diffs. With shorter ones from older RDX/Phi'07 models at all four corners, everything fits perfectly. Not sure if it would fit with TRF417 gear diff because the diff itself is little longer. And I haven't tried any SpecR diff either, Tamiya diff are so inexpensive......why would I pay more for a SpecR one?

Also, for all of you having issues with your damper being too short for droop adjustement, you could use Corally part number 79222, which are damper shaft from older ones and they are few millimeters longer.
But newer pistons are thinner so you would have to shim them a little.
Great!
BTW, new graphite shock towers will be released in middle of Feb.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
Hi, for anyone that is interested I am selling my brand new HMX via ebay at a very discounted price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-...#ht_720wt_1187

:-D
Hi. Some time has passed. What about the sell?
Any luck so far?
If not, than the price maybe is a bit steep?
Best of luck.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can Anyone Tell me if HMX Shock O-Rings will fit The Phi 08 Shocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.