Like Tree4Likes

Corally HMX

Old 12-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by haywood
So they haven't released a car since 09 and now I need to buy the Hmx kit and put a Tamiya suspension on it then find a 07 shock tower and so on to make it competitive? No thanks!
No need for any Tamiya suspension parts on the HMX. I will post some pics of my car with the 07 lowered CF towers. This is one of the best cars I have ever had on rubber tire!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

All I can say is Sydor is fast again .. so this car has to be good
Old 12-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Here are some pics of my HMX with the 07 lowered CF towers.
Attached Thumbnails Corally HMX-100_1275.jpg   Corally HMX-100_1276.jpg   Corally HMX-100_1281.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BJohnson
Here are some pics of my HMX with the 07 lowered CF towers.
Hi Brad,

Do you have more pictures of the car from the side? to see how the angle is of the shocks?
And is it safe to drive with the alu frontsuspension c-hubs and steeringblocks? Because plastic will break and aluminium will bend? and that is not always visible?
Old 12-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Is that the new car with carbon fibre shock towers fitted?? Is there a reason why people are taking the new car and switching out what is probably the biggest change in the new car?

This was a car that I was thinking of but suspect that, based on what I am seeing so far I will wait and see if there is a v2 car with these changes and perhaps a gear diff... interesting.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spacendeman
Hi Brad,

Do you have more pictures of the car from the side? to see how the angle is of the shocks?
And is it safe to drive with the alu frontsuspension c-hubs and steeringblocks? Because plastic will break and aluminium will bend? and that is not always visible?
I've been a fan of Corally for a long time. It's good to see them putting a viable car on the market again. With regards to the aluminum blocks and knuckles, the aluminum c-hubs used to be standard on the RDX and Phi. Aluminum knuckles were almost a requirement for durability reasons. I don't remember ever having an issue with either one of them.
Nice looking car Brad.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scoyle
Is that the new car with carbon fibre shock towers fitted?? Is there a reason why people are taking the new car and switching out what is probably the biggest change in the new car?

This was a car that I was thinking of but suspect that, based on what I am seeing so far I will wait and see if there is a v2 car with these changes and perhaps a gear diff... interesting.
Scoyle - There is no current plan to have a version 2 of the HMX. The carbon fiber shock towers allow the user to lay the shocks down up to 6mm more on each side compared to the current aluminum towers.
The aluminum towers are a nice change, however they are not the biggest change made to the car. The motor has been brought in 5mm. The HMX has more flex than most cars on the market due to the new 6 piece bulkhead (4 bulkheads and 2 layshaft mounts) design and a longer narrower topdeck. We also have brand new shocks that are completely different than any shock design we have had to date. The chassis is one of the narrowest chassis offered on the market.
I apologize if by not running the aluminum shock towers is a deciding factor in your purchase. The carbon fiber towers are just a tuning option that some drivers have and will choose to use.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Front shafts

Don't you guys have the front end chatter by not running an ecs or dcj joint up front? Thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BJohnson
Scoyle - There is no current plan to have a version 2 of the HMX. The carbon fiber shock towers allow the user to lay the shocks down up to 6mm more on each side compared to the current aluminum towers.
The aluminum towers are a nice change, however they are not the biggest change made to the car. The motor has been brought in 5mm. The HMX has more flex than most cars on the market due to the new 6 piece bulkhead (4 bulkheads and 2 layshaft mounts) design and a longer narrower topdeck. We also have brand new shocks that are completely different than any shock design we have had to date. The chassis is one of the narrowest chassis offered on the market.
I apologize if by not running the aluminum shock towers is a deciding factor in your purchase. The carbon fiber towers are just a tuning option that some drivers have and will choose to use.
Thanks for taking the time to put together a great answer... I am still tempted but will reserve judgement (and buying) when I see the results.

Many thanks...
Old 12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hanulec
All I can say is Sydor is fast again .. so this car has to be good
I'll have my HMX on Wednesday. Can't wait, I have been using the old 09...

Brad looking good.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSYDOR
I'll have my HMX on Wednesday. Can't wait, I have been using the old 09...

Brad looking good.
I want mine already. Then I want to come see you Bill. To race, and you know, other stuff.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

After running some packs today I can say that this car can compete with all other cars on the market. Great balance, steering and very easy to drive consistent. 3/10ths faster than my Phi 09. This with modified motors, I think it is just as good with stock motors.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

For those who are interested, an editable setup sheet is available on petitrc
Old 01-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, for anyone that is interested I am selling my brand new HMX via ebay at a very discounted price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-...#ht_720wt_1187

:-D
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

I don't want the threaded boydposts.
What part number to use body posts with holes in 'em and "dishes" and clips?
When does the car come with geardiff?

Last edited by Kensei; 01-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.