Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help newbie choosing car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help newbie choosing car.

Hi! I need help with choosing a good rc kit that I can race and drift with. I am planing to to use it in the parking lot and not planing to race competitively. I'm a fan of original Bodies of real cars and leaning towards Tamiya or HPI because they have wide variety of those bodies. I am planing to spend $300 on the complete car with motor and etc. For radio system I am think to spend an additional $100. I already have Thunder AC6 charger and Gens Ace 5000MAH 50c lipo.
P.S. I bought Sprint 2 Flux 2.4ghz and out of the box it didn't work (no steering or any movement at all). Seemed to me like receiver didn't get power from ESC wire. I'll be refunding that. I want to build something similar with around 50 mph speed as Sprint 2 Flux claims they deliver.
Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why not just work out what is wrong with the flux and fix it, it is likely to be something simple like binding, or the esc wire as been inserted into the rx the wrong way about.

Other than that, you can pretty much get whatever you like within your budget as the differences will not be much apparent to you as you are not racing, if you r buying local, make sure the store has parts on hand in case you break something.

Not many rtr tourers are going to be 50mph out of the box, more like 25. But add in a 5.5T brushless and speedy combo and you will be punching out huge speed.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Why not just work out what is wrong with the flux and fix it, it is likely to be something simple like binding, or the esc wire as been inserted into the rx the wrong way about.

Other than that, you can pretty much get whatever you like within your budget as the differences will not be much apparent to you as you are not racing, if you r buying local, make sure the store has parts on hand in case you break something.

Not many rtr tourers are going to be 50mph out of the box, more like 25. But add in a 5.5T brushless and speedy combo and you will be punching out huge speed.
I don't want to change esc wire because it will probably ruin the warranty?
Any particular chassis that u can suggest? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

call into hpi and go from there. some 3s or 4s lipos and a decent motor and esc should get you good speed.

i drift/bash a tc4 with 2s 5000mah lipos and an older mm/5700 combo and its been great thus far.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

why dont just read the manual?it should explain what problems your having.am i the only one that does that?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
why dont just read the manual?it should explain what problems your having.am i the only one that does that?
No one reads the manual...
Old 09-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UGotMe
I don't want to change esc wire because it will probably ruin the warranty?
Any particular chassis that u can suggest? Thanks!
No it will not void your warranty, just flip it over in the receiver, and it will likely work. Being that it is under warrenty, take it to the store you bought it from and get them to take a look at it, i will be something really simple and likely to be user error.

I suggest any chassis you think will make you happy, for your requirements, any chassis will do. You want to have fun yeah? Get something and go have fun, don't matter what you get as long as you are enjoying it.

Things to consider tho, parts availability and local hobby store support and the location where you are able to run it. Anything more is over kill, If your budget is $200 get the best you can get for $200, if its $500 something better, or get loads more batteries. At the end of the day, its your money and your fun, and no one can really tell you how to make that work for you.