R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2004, 07:02 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hey all-Keep an eye on the NORCAr thread-we may not be open for pre-Champs warm-up as in years past. Everyone appears to be going to Halo this year.

Even if we do open for the locals who dont want to travel or cannot travel (me)-the turnout wont be anything like at Halo with all the modified pro-drivers in attendance.

LIke I said-keep an eye on NORCAr thread.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #47
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Micky I got an orange juice drink for you over here!

Ray can you find out for sure! I thought the track would be open being so close to the actual track!

Cyrul sorry man I drive at 90 mph in reverse! so would you say I would get there in an hour!
Someone else had mentioned it was like 3 so that was my impression! sorry! I guess I will bring a florida dancer from mont venus or solid gold!
you know how florida likes those gentalmens clubs! Josh where is the site to get the actuall directions to your track!
Old 11-15-2004, 07:49 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Im staying home this year. My pops is having sugeory on his leg. Say some prayers for the old man. He is terrified. If i were to go i would run mod for sure. I dont think i would run stock. Maybe to kill time.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 AM   #49
Tech Elite

I call your old man later. He mentioned to me he was getting ready over the next couple weels to have the operation and had to go to the hospital and have 2 pints of blood taken out so he would have his own type put away for the surgery!

Hang tight Alo your old man is a bad ass he's got it coverd!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default the gate

hey guys,

the general consensus, thus far, has been that evening practices at the gate would suffice this year. with cyruls track generating as much interest as it has, we were leaning toward being open from 5:30 to 10:30 on monday and tuesday rather than all day. the decision has not yet been finalized, nor has our website been updated to reflect the change of opinion. i will post here and on our thread with current details.

in the meantime, those of you interested in warming up with us, please let us know by posting here.

- chris
Old 11-15-2004, 08:12 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So this might be a stupid question, but for those of us coming up from Florida for the first time...How cold will it be? Are we talking blue jeans and a long-sleeve shirt cold, or do I need to go our and buy a jacket?
ground-round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

jacket? um, yup.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:18 AM   #53
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ground-round
So this might be a stupid question, but for those of us coming up from Florida for the first time...How cold will it be? Are we talking blue jeans and a long-sleeve shirt cold, or do I need to go our and buy a jacket? [/QUOTE

Dude what are you thinking! when ever you travel to the United States after mid october you always take a jacket and long sleve t shirts with a couple sweaters!

They arent wearing tank tops and wife beater shirts up there with flip flop bro!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Default Re: the gate

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
hey guys,

the general consensus, thus far, has been that evening practices at the gate would suffice this year. with cyruls track generating as much interest as it has, we were leaning toward being open from 5:30 to 10:30 on monday and tuesday rather than all day. the decision has not yet been finalized, nor has our website been updated to reflect the change of opinion. i will post here and on our thread with current details.

in the meantime, those of you interested in warming up with us, please let us know by posting here.

- chris

Sea Ball can we try to keep the track open sunday till tues all day! well at least a few hours on sunday!
I dont think everyone is going to halo!
Thats alot of racers! Some people will like to stay around the hotel!

I vote you atleast open a full day monday and tuesday !!! oooah PLEASE!!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

For the very few number of guys who wish to not drive to Josh's track-I dont thnk it warrants Jimmy or Chris to take two days off from work unpaid or vacation time to sit at the track all day. Yes-of course they would if they expected all the Teams to attend as in last two or three years, but ts not worth it this time. Especially with the Champs starting a day early this time.

Ithink thats the nuts and bolts of the situation this year. Heck-I was even thinking of going to Toledo Monday myself-but I doubt it will....

Just to make sure neither of my cars are tippy in high bite. And also-hopefully to have a Team XRay driver drive my car as well.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #56
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by ground-round
So this might be a stupid question, but for those of us coming up from Florida for the first time...How cold will it be? Are we talking blue jeans and a long-sleeve shirt cold, or do I need to go our and buy a jacket?
Get yourself a Baltimore Ravens jacket and a Ray Lewis jersey.

You'll be quite popular in Cleveland wearing those!

McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: the gate

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
hey guys,

- chris
what is the schedule/hours open for friday thru sunday? will you be open at all monday? coming in from socal and a couple of us had hope to practice there in cleveland...... trying to determine if we also need to go up to toledo?
are the practice rates really $25 per day
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #58
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gate Practice....

I hope you guys will be open monday and tuesday.. I For one will only be at the gate.. Have to take care of my local track ya know ...

Mike
Old 11-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to The Junior

I got my pick for 1/12th stock Mike Dunnighan all the way and Blackstock in 1/12th Mod
JRC
The Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:23 AM   #60
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
2-3 hours!!! How slow do you guys drive??...lol... It's about 2:45 from my parents place - my track is about 1:00-1:15 from my parents... Leaving the trip to Cleveland at !:45-1:30....

Here's just a little info for anyone coming out to Halo Hobbies practice this year.

Tuesday-Friday the track will open at Noon for road course practice and it will close at 9pm. Saturday will be practice from 10am-9pm. Sunday will open at 8am, club race starting at noon and doors closed at 9pm. Monday, 10am-9pm and Tuesday will be 10am-2pm.......

The hotel of choice is the Sleep Inn - Say Halo Hobbies when checking in or calling for your reservation and get a discounted room rate of $60.00 + tax.

Sleep Inn & Suites (Closest)
1761 Meijer Circle (I-280, Curtice Rd. Exit) Oregon, Ohio 43616
Toll Free (800) SLEEP INN Local (419) 697-7800 Fax (419) 697-7810
Josh,

Can I rent a pit spot? J/K, I will be down there with the gang this weekend for sure. I don't know about Saturday, but it looks good for Sunday. Oh yeah, congrats on what happened on Friday.

Tim