SpeedMerchant Rev.7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SpeedMerchant Rev.7

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Very Nice, Peter. What kind of balls and ball cups are you using for your steering links?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Very Nice, Peter. What kind of balls and ball cups are you using for your steering links?
They are the newest AE ones, stock for an R5 I believe.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is the setup I ran at the classic. Similar to Pete's vegas setup. Cars have been dialed.

Front:

0.22 spring
Green Spoodge on kingpin
4 caster, 1 camber Old Skool front blocks.
Jaco Black, 1.550" 1/2 sauce w/ SXT 3.0. No glue

Rear:

0.20 Side springs, 1 3/4 turns down
Green Spooge in tubes
Shock Associated 35wt
Silver spring
droop: very little (1/2 degree maybe)
Jaco Orange, 1.63" Full sauce w/ SXT 3.0. No glue

Body: AMR12

Last edited by JoelV; 01-07-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a similar silicone lube to the green spooge?

Thanks
Old 11-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The green lube is 8-10000
Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you.

Any idea where the little O rings go that come in with the side links?
Do they go on the clamp screw?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
Thank you.

Any idea where the little O rings go that come in with the side links?
Do they go on the clamp screw?
I've seen them put in between the links slot themselves that allows tightening of the link screw
Old 11-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

I did think that but having never seen it I thought maybe it wasnt right.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Tim,

Yes they go in between the ends of the plastic links on the 2-56 button heads.

They push the link ends open a little so they don't bind at all. It's really not that big of an issue, but when the plastic is new, it can pinch a little.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Quick Congrats to Pete Robinson & Wes Briscoe.

Those two are out at the TimeZone GP this weekend.

I just saw that Wes has TQ'd 17.5 with his Rev.7 Sport, & Pete has TQ'd 13.5 with his 7 Sport also, as well as a 2nd in World GT, one second off of TQ.

Great job guys. Good luck tomorrow.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 11-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Congratulations to Peter Robinson and Wes Briscoe, TQ's & Wins at the TimeZone GP!!!

Peter TQ'd 13.5 in the last round yesterday after having some serious transmitter troubles in the first 3 quals. Peter borrowed a radio for the last qual, and promptly went out and TQ'd the last round.

He went on to win the first two A mains today in convincing fashion.

Wes Briscoe dominated 17.5 qualifying, and took the 1st two A Mains today also.

Great job guys!

Both Drivers were running Rev.7 Sports with the "New" Old School front suspensions.

I'm sure they will both post pictures and set-ups when they get home.

Happy Racing.-Bruce
Old 11-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks again, Bruce, for an awesome car.

The Timezone Gran Prix is located in La Center, Washington and was host to the 2010 ROAR Carpet Nationals. It's a large track with about 5 year old ozite.

We arrived at the TZGP on Thursday morning to shake things in and start testing. The only other time I have ran 17.5 NB was at Carpet Nationals, I spent the entire day just running packs and trying different rollout to timing adjustments until I found a few good options that each had their advantages on different parts of the track. I ended up settling on a ratio that allowed me to carry the most speed 3/4 down the straight and also high speed through the wine-glass section in the middle of the track.

Late Thursday I felt the car had a good enough setup on it to run it until the grip came in more; on the club race Thursday night we were already setting fastest laps in the group much to the chagrin of a few of the CRC faithful in the house. Grouped in with the stock cars I ended up finishing around 6 seconds ahead of the next fastest car.

Late Friday as grip came in I realized the car was just getting better with minimal adjustment. I made some changes to smooth out the car like a little more dampening in the side tubes, and thicker center shock oil.

In qualifying the car was just excellent and carried more corner speed than any other car on the track, it was the dominant car in the corner. Nobody came close to carrying as much speed and I set a early TQ that lasted the day... Other than changing springs in round 3 of qualifying I didn't touch my front end all weekend.

The setup I ended up running on main day:

FRONT:
- Old School front end, 2 degree camber, 3 caster, 0 toe.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 39.15mm tire.
- .022 spring, medium lube on king pin, .015" shim under spring (no uptravel.)
- Plastic steering blocks.
- .030" shim under each ball stud.
- 170mm width.
- JACO Lilac tire.

REAR:
- 172mm width.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 41.15mm tire.
- .020 side spring, tweak set 2 1/2 turns in.
- Red tube lube.
- 40wt AE shock oil, blue AE spring, Hotbodies Cyclone 12 shock w/ stock piston.
- 1 degree of uptravel (pod droop)
- 0 chassis sag.
- JACO Yellow tire.

OTHER:

Body AMR12, race weight 733 grams. Battery ReVtech, terminals rear. No other chassis weight installed. Traction compound: Jack The Gripper.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe

Thanks again, Bruce, for an awesome car.

The Timezone Gran Prix is located in La Center, Washington and was host to the 2010 ROAR Carpet Nationals. It's a large track with about 5 year old ozite.

We arrived at the TZGP on Thursday morning to shake things in and start testing. The only other time I have ran 17.5 NB was at Carpet Nationals, I spent the entire day just running packs and trying different rollout to timing adjustments until I found a few good options that each had their advantages on different parts of the track. I ended up settling on a ratio that allowed me to carry the most speed 3/4 down the straight and also high speed through the wine-glass section in the middle of the track.

Late Thursday I felt the car had a good enough setup on it to run it until the grip came in more; on the club race Thursday night we were already setting fastest laps in the group much to the chagrin of a few of the CRC faithful in the house. Grouped in with the stock cars I ended up finishing around 6 seconds ahead of the next fastest car.

Late Friday as grip came in I realized the car was just getting better with minimal adjustment. I made some changes to smooth out the car like a little more dampening in the side tubes, and thicker center shock oil.

In qualifying the car was just excellent and carried more corner speed than any other car on the track, it was the dominant car in the corner. Nobody came close to carrying as much speed and I set a early TQ that lasted the day... Other than changing springs in round 3 of qualifying I didn't touch my front end all weekend.

The setup I ended up running on main day:

FRONT:
- Old School front end, 2 degree camber, 3 caster, 0 toe.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 39.15mm tire.
- .022 spring, medium lube on king pin, .015" shim under spring (no uptravel.)
- Plastic steering blocks.
- .030" shim under each ball stud.
- 170mm width.
- JACO Lilac tire.

REAR:
- 172mm width.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 41.15mm tire.
- .020 side spring, tweak set 2 1/2 turns in.
- Red tube lube.
- 40wt AE shock oil, blue AE spring, Hotbodies Cyclone 12 shock w/ stock piston.
- 1 degree of uptravel (pod droop)
- 0 chassis sag.
- JACO Yellow tire.

OTHER:

Body AMR12, race weight 733 grams. Battery ReVtech, terminals rear. No other chassis weight installed. Traction compound: Jack The Gripper.

Dude that car looks rad
Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Excellent race report Wes, thank you.

Congrats again on a great weekend. Sounds like you have your 7 dialed.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I doubt I can top Wes' race report but here it goes.

Like Bruce said I suffered some very peculiar radio issues once qualifying started. I made it all the way through two days of practice without a hiccup, but I am thankful I got things sorted out.

So after turning a total of 5 laps in the first two rounds of qualifing, I borrowed a radio and receiver and got on the track for round 3. The track had finally grooved into something more normal and no longer felt like we were skipping between old groove from the nats layout and and virgin carpet. My car was way too stiff and the radio was foreign but I still got a decent run in to get resorted back to the top heat.

I round 4 Frank Calandra came out running on top looking to smash his own TQ, but he must has tapped out and/or faded because with only a few small mistakes I found myself in the lead and eventually taking the TQ in the final round by about 1.5-2 secs over Frank, Brian Bodine and Dave Erlich.

Before the mains I made some final small adjustments to my car and was back to something very close to what I ran at the IIC. I lost the lead at times in both of the first to mains but mistakes by the other drivers allowed me to win the event in two.

Find the setup sheet attached. Any questions feel free to post them here.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
REV7_2011TZGP13.5.pdf (376.4 KB, 182 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.