Wiki Posts
Search

What motor/esc/tx/rx for HPI RS4 Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What motor/esc/tx/rx for HPI RS4 Rally

I'm working on building up a HPI RS4 Rally and am pretty new to most RC stuff. I'm just wondering about what motor/esc combination would be the best? Either brushed or brushless. It will mainly be used for my rally track that I'm building in my backyard. I don't need something that will be too fast, just something to where I won't get bored. Also, any recommendations for Transmitters and receivers would be appreciated. I currently have a Traxxas VXL Rally. Can I just purchased a traxxas receiver and use my current transmitter? Or would it be better to upgrade so that I have more features. I don't want to start collecting transmitters and would like to have just one that I can use for multiple vehicles. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nobody has any suggestions???
Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Saleen326
I'm working on building up a HPI RS4 Rally and am pretty new to most RC stuff. I'm just wondering about what motor/esc combination would be the best? Either brushed or brushless. It will mainly be used for my rally track that I'm building in my backyard. I don't need something that will be too fast, just something to where I won't get bored. Also, any recommendations for Transmitters and receivers would be appreciated. I currently have a Traxxas VXL Rally. Can I just purchased a traxxas receiver and use my current transmitter? Or would it be better to upgrade so that I have more features. I don't want to start collecting transmitters and would like to have just one that I can use for multiple vehicles. Thanks for the help.
My personal recommendation would be a Hobbywing EZRun 9T or 13T. Either of these combos will give you excellent speed, reliability and run-time at an affordable price.

If you have the Traxxas 2.4Ghz radio, then definitely grab a second rx; that's what I've done (though I don't have Traxxaslink so I have to rebind them each time). If you have the AM radio, I wouldn't bother buying another rx - get something better.

Check out this vid for some cool rally action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sN9F2cjNDQ