Wiki Posts
Search

Venom LiPo's

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Venom LiPo's

I'm in the market for new LiPo's that won't break the bank. I know Venoms older line of LiPo's (black case) were not that great. The newer packs, clear green & red cases have been well received as far as I have gathered here on the interweb.

Looking for reviews from users of these newer packs. Don't need any flaming, product bashing or other brand recommendations, just honest reviews and experiences from racers using these packs.

My Team Orion 20C 3200mAh LiPo's have been awesome and still going strong after 5+ years and my new Orion 1 cells have been awesome as well, but I'm looking for new 40-45C 5000mAh packs under $100. I started running outdoor mod and 3200mAh is not enough capacity. Venoms look like they will fit my requirements perfectly.

Thanks for your help RCTECHers
Attached Thumbnails Venom LiPo's-lg1000013728_1.jpg  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

check out poweredge lipos

These are nice i know the guy that makes them and they just plain awesome.

Also look at gen ace as well.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've been using venom nimh's and lipos for years
No issues at all
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have owned 2, one reg 2 Cell 7.4, one Saddle Pk 7.4.
Both the newer Green package....
One went Volcanic, Meltdown, Big....
The other one of the cells died....
I won't buy another.

I have 2 EPIC/Trinity I have run for 2 years, Still as strong as the day I bought them.
I have 2 Gens Ace, I have run for 2 years, ......still pretty good, but starting to show signs of dropping off.
I use a discharger with a volt meter and I Graph my batteries about every 6-8 months to check performance.
I recently purchased a Orion Carbon Molecular 5000 Mah 90C, it is real strong.

My Opinion: Put your $$ where your power actually comes from.... Your Batteries!!
..................Would you put Cheap Gas in your Corvette? and expect it to perform.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm running two 5600mah 60c packs in my Savage flux conversion and they have been holding up great. I did get a little bit of a stutter out of one of them, below 6v, but I'm not sure what caused it. I cycled that one slowly and it came right up and have had no issues since. I also have an older 5000mah pack that I run in my mod TC and have good runs with it. The 5000 pack I have had for about 2 years and the 5600's I got this spring.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StarrRacing
I recently purchased a Orion Carbon Molecular 5000 Mah 90C, it is real strong.

My Opinion: Put your $$ where your power actually comes from.... Your Batteries!!
You are right.

Moneys tight right now so I thought Venoms might be good value. They are tempting but I do love my Orions, they have been awesome and have lasted 5 years without any drop in capacity. Should stick with a quality brand I know and trust.

Thanks for the replies
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Brodie, looks like the pack you want is in stock at Towerhobbies, $74.99, right in the price range you were looking for. This particular pack has been very popular since we released it a couple months ago. Tower # VNRC5057

A reminder, Venom batteries come with a lifetime replacement plan, and forum support.

Starracing, sent PM regarding your Venom Issues

--Paul Susbauer
Product Manager
Venom Group International
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Turnigy nano techs are really awesome! I get a easy 35 mins out of them. I have the 5800 30-60c 2s batteries. They work amazing and are easy on your wallet.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Everyone at our track that runs Venom batteries really like them. They have all had issues at one time or another with batteries failing though. But I've never heard anyone complain about Venom's customer service though. I always hear great things in fact.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:07 AM
RCW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have been running 2 green 5000 40C packs for 2 years now, and they have been great!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:25 PM
sac
Tech Regular

My local hobby shop started carrying Giant power/Dinogy lipo's.They are better than my Gen Aces and Nano techs/spec A packs.the shop sells a 2s,6500,65c for $60.They are just as good as my Thunder power at a much lower price.They even have a six month warranty.

The Venom's i have had in the past ,i have a mixed results.Most were just average packs ,nothing special.

sac