Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Different Carpet Foams

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

BSR tires are a great foam tire for all forms of racing. Check out there web site and give them a look or a call. John or Kevin will gladly help you out!

http://www.bsr-racing.com/

-Monti-
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

The track we run at has Speedminds and they still want almost 20 a pair....

Paul, the shipping from HK isn't bad at all... You just can't order 2 sets and expect to get it cheap... I order at least 2 sets of front and 2 rears whenever I order foams...

I'll be trying out the GQ's this weekend.... We'll see....
Old 11-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by razzo
er... I thought original post was looking for CHEAPER foams. $25 for Cyan? That's more expensive then TRC
Yea your right. Great tires but at $52.00 shipped it's way to much when I get the Parmas for $35.00 shipped from KT hobbies.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by koabich
I really don't think that any tire will compare to Jaco or TRC (CRC is a great choice too for 1/12) on carpet. If you want to race competitively, that's what you run. For the $3-4.00 you could save per 4 tires by going with another brand is just not worth it. At least on my track the Speedminds and Parma's are not even close. Now the Ellegi's might be a different story. I have not run these but just because they make a great ashpalt tire does not mean they will make a good carpet tire.
IMO the Parma foams, I think are just as good as the Jacos. I have been running them for three weeks with great results. I have about 25 runs on them and started them at 60mm and am now at 57.75mm with not one chunk and they aren't coming unglued as usually happens with the other brand I USED to run. The cyan and magentas have a ton af grip, I think just as much as the other brands and I have run most of them. But thats just my personel opinion.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally posted by razzo
er... I thought original post was looking for CHEAPER foams. $25 for Cyan? That's more expensive then TRC
Give them a call, the prices on the web site are List prices!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default costs?

Originally posted by RC Old Man
Give them a call, the prices on the web site are List prices!
Well, I agree with Rc Old Man, TM tires are the way to go, not only do they offer variants of Plaid compounds. the offer the most UNIQUE wheels design. From the Larger outer diameter, to the really cool looking spokes. I have tried them ALL!, TM is the way to go. Ask anyone at my home track, or when you come to the '05 ROAR Carpet NAT's, you will see them perform. Dont fret on a couple of dollars, when you have already spent a couple of thousand dollars.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so does no one know how to keep the fronts from chunking so badly? The only thing I can think it that the tires have been sitting all summer and havent been used. So would the tires have "hardened" up over teh long period with no use?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

You could buy the tyres in more than one pair like maybe 5 pairs so you'll probably get it cheaper that way.

Chazz
Old 11-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by runnin rc10
so does no one know how to keep the fronts from chunking so badly? The only thing I can think it that the tires have been sitting all summer and havent been used. So would the tires have "hardened" up over teh long period with no use?
To stop tires from chunking is easy...stop hitting stuff.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

To stop tires from chunking is easy...stop hitting stuff.
Why do people always have to post this pointless crap? I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that hitting stuff is bad. Even Masami hits stuff.

Tires do tend to dry rot over long periods of time, especially when they aren't sealed in a bag or something.

Are the tire beads glued to the rim?
Old 11-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

I think some of this brand stuff is psychological.... Let's face the facts, the majority of the companies get their foam donuts from the same suppliers... Do we really think that TRC or Jaco is making their own foam???? They buy their foam from the same place as everyone else in that locality and put it on their rims.... The difference in the foam comes from where it was made, USA... Japan... Europe....
Old 11-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

I had been using CRC plaids/purples but decided to try the Parma. They don't seem to be as good. The Parmas are made by the same company as the TRC's but they spec a different rim. I'm gonna switch back to the CRC's.

Anybody seen cheaper CRC's anywhere?
Old 11-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

I think it's pretty sad that these companies rape us with prices... How much do you thing it costs to make the Foams??? $.05 worth of foam and $.05 worth of plastic??? Maybe $.25 for the packaging???? I can understand the rest of the costs involved but a pair of foams should be no more than $10.00 off the shelf at your LHS!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a little food for thought: Parma, TRC, Fast, and Ellegi are all made by the same company. The only difference is the rim and the price. As for chunking, no one brand should be more prone to chunking than another. With regard to pricing, there is a lot more to foam tires than just cutting a donut and mounting it on a wheel. Have you ever mounted a tire? Would you do it all day for pennies a pair?
Old 11-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I think it's pretty sad that these companies rape us with prices... How much do you thing it costs to make the Foams??? $.05 worth of foam and $.05 worth of plastic??? Maybe $.25 for the packaging???? I can understand the rest of the costs involved but a pair of foams should be no more than $10.00 off the shelf at your LHS!!!!
Don't forget you have to factor all the labor involved with manufacturing tires, plus running the front office and paying for the building, electricity, machines. Then the distributor marks them up and then your hobby shop wants to keep their lights on as well. I've been racing with foams since 1992 and the prices of exotic rubber foam tires haven't really gone up since then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.