Wiki Posts
Search

Best batteries for $60 a pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

WWW.RACEDAYRC.COM

Awsome prices, GREAT batteries and a really good guy too.

I have 3 of his packs and their great!

Kinetix are real good too.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally posted by cr250
AZ_Ron - SPC's website is www.specpointbatteries.com.

Just because a company is bigger does not mean it is better. azpd is welcome to his opinion, it's a free country. If others can't deal with that, then they need to get a life. What is it obout battery purchases that makes people so defensive. In over 30 years of racing off-road motorcycles, snowmobiles, bicyles and now RC cars, I've never seen such strong brand loyalty. Personally I'm not sponsored by anyone!!! Everything I buy for RC comes out of my own pocket.
We all understand that azpd is entitled to his own opinion but it's not cool to come on this forum and bash every battery matcher. To say that one is better than the other is not cool, everyone is just giving the person who asked for the Best batteries for 60 bucks a pack an answer and most are advertising who they like.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I will respond to the comments in order:

1st SMC, Fukuayama and Hurricane have been around longer than most other matchers out there and have too much on the line to lie about numbers. Response: That is the point. They have been out there for so long that consumers will accept anything that is printed. My test prove that information printed on labels, that the consumer needs to make a purchase, is flawed. Sales take precedents.

2nd that also dosent mean that other matchers have fake numbers on their batteries. Response: I agree. I do not believe all matchers have fake numbers, just some of the matchers cells that I tested.

3rd if u want good cells look at a main finishes at major events.. results do NOT lie... Response: Does not deserve one.

4th azpd is welcome to his opinion Response: Thank you, but, this is an opinion based on fact.

5th most are advertising who they like Response: I could care less whose batteries I run. I am just looking for good cells with honest numbers.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by azpd
Since all GP 3300 come from the same place and no matcher makes their batteries magically better than the rest, all the consumer can hope for is honest numbers listed on the labels. Obviously if a matcher list "better numbers" he/she will sell more. Within the last year I have purchased SMC, Fukuayama, Hurricane and SPC cells. After testing all cells when new only SPC had numbers close to what the label listed. I know what some are thinking...different matchers...different temps...BLAH..BLAH..BLAH... All I know is that when SPC cells listed at 1.169 out peforms SMC cells listed at 1.189 by voltage, IR, runtime and transfer the info to a graph displaying the discharge curve that is proof to me.
When you can show us proof, I MIGHT believe it.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3rd if u want good cells look at a main finishes at major events.. results do NOT lie... Response: Does not deserve one.

how can proof like results not deserve a responce?? im not trying to be a jerk, but your post was a bash.. and my comment holds alot of truth....but i guess thats why there was no responce, when the comment was dead on...
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

How about gettin Team Orion 3300 Club match? If not, go up more to Team Match or Pro match. Its all good. Or u can try Fukuyama^_^
Old 12-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default batteries

guys check out raceday r/c i just got 4 packs from him,excellent product!!!!numbers where actually low compared to the ones off my ce gfx.pricing is very good also.cant say enough good about them.if you are tired of buying batteries and ending up dissappointed give him a shout.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Have you guys tried Power Push? They've been around since 1985! I've seen Tony Carrubba's matching equipment. It isn't the same old, same old CE Turbo Matcher. Its a custom made machine. I've been using his stuff for over a year now and haven't been disappointed. 2003 1/12th stock champ at US Indoor Champs. 2004 1/12th stock champ at ROAR Carpet Nats. Not bad.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

I think results are produced by more than just with batteries don't you? It is absurd to say that racer Joe Schmoe won yesterday because Sammy Shmuckatelly had inferior batteries. There are certainly many other factors that come into producing a win than just the batteries alone. Take a look at your car! Your batteries are but one interdependent component that makes up a system of parts and equipment.
I don't place any faith in results when making my purchase. Have you ever seen some of the batteries that are run by factory drivers...I mean we are talking about the cream of the crop as far as batteries are concerned. 1.190 volts and etc. I believe that batteries make less of a difference at this level of competition because everyone is running the absolute best, no expenses spared, batteries. At this point it all boils down to the skill of the driver.
Don't be deceived by race results....otherwise your just being a sucker to fall for a company's marketing strategy.

Last edited by jackfast; 12-03-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default want to try something new ..

www.fusionbatteries.com .... you should find just what your looking for .. ..
Old 12-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

I would love to try those batteries man...but you have to work on your pricing for me.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

SMC- Cleveland winner Sedan Mod, 1/12 mod, 1/12 stock, Masters sedan, Masters 1/12. 5 of 6 classes won. Most of the other brands mentioned here were not even in contention. 35 amp matching on every winning pack. This was actually a race against the "big boys". Check out the Snowbird's results the last 3 years or so. Same story. Results do not lie.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fukuyama batteries baby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.