Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hacker brushless

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hacker brushless

can anyone tell me if hacker brushless moters work with novak brushless esc. plus where is a good place to buy hacker systems thank you jeremy
Old 11-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Novak uses a sensored system while Hacker, lehner, etc are sensorless and won't work. The only other motor besides novaks that is compatible with the novak esc is the new reedy one. You will have to buy a sensorless esc if you want to run a hacker.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

I think I'm right in assuming that you can use the Novak motor with the Hacker controller (just leave the sensors unplugged) but not the Hacker motor with the Novak controller.

Aveox brushless motors are also sensored and might work with the Novak system, I'm not sure how the sensors are wired.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The novak motor theoretically works on a hacker controller, but in reality it doesn't work very well. Novak winds their motors in a simplistic fashion is not friendly to sensorless controllers. My hacker and schulze controllers struggle to even run a novak motor, while they run my lehner, aveox, and faigao almost flawlessly. The novak and aveox systems are not compatable either. Different sensor layout, and different connectors