Wiki Posts
Search

The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland"

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland"

Alright Carpet Roadcourse and Oval racers, The time has come to announce the details of the US Indoor Champs for 2011. We're happy to have Sweep, Power Push, Alpha RC F1, Team Associated, and our event sponsorCalandra Racing Concepts already on board. As always, the race will be Thanksgiving week, Nov. 24th-27th, at the Holiday Inn, in Independence, OH. (1-800- 315-2621, 6001 Rockside Rd. Independence, OH 44131) Information and entry forms, as well as online registration will be available at www.indoorchamps.net tomorrow evening.

Classes for Roadcourse:
12th stock 17.5
12th Masters 17.5
12th SuperStock 13.5
12th Open Mod
WGT 13.5
All 12th and WGT classes are open ESC.

Formula 1 (rules announced shortly)

TC Stock 17.5 (spec esc)
TC Superstock 17.5 (open esc)
TC Modified
VTA (ROAR rules)

Four rounds of Qualifying (Resort AFTER ROUND TWO ONLY), And Mains.

The Oval information will be posted in the Oval forum here on RCTech, as well as other RC related forums. As more information becomes available, I'll let everyone know here, and www.indoorchamps.net

Feel free to PM me with any questions or reach me by e-mail at [email protected]

I look forward to seeing all the returning faces, and all the first timers as well!!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

open esc. for all 1/12th classes & wgt. well thats just great..sure run whatever you want too...if I dont like the open esc. then I guess I stay home....where I race it seems that the Non-boost made everything easier....for very level of racer. Closer racing more practical. Too bad..?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cookie1
open esc. for all 1/12th classes & wgt. well thats just great..sure run whatever you want too...if I dont like the open esc. then I guess I stay home....where I race it seems that the Non-boost made everything easier....for very level of racer. Closer racing more practical. Too bad..?
Unfortunately, we aren't able to offer every class. The decision to run the Pan car classes as open only was weighed heavily before it was made. I decided that on a track that size, boosted classes seemed more appropriate.

Once the rules situation for On-Road stabilizes for more than a single season, I'll be willing to re-evaluate the decision, but until then the classes will remain as is. Last year I offered spec only initially for TC, and received TONS of requests for an open esc 17.5 class at a point where "boost" had already been labeled dead. I hope you'll be willing to come out and give boosted a shot again.

Thank You.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default USVTA

Any chance VTA could be under USVTA rules, not ROAR, or at least come up with a mix, like we had in Indy for the Region 5 ROAR Champs....basic USVTA no driver require and ROAR stock esc....

but USVTA would be better...just asking, this will be my 1st year there hopefully....lets us know if this is possible, thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

ian, what exactly made you want to go with boosted pan car classes? Personally i love the boost, i think its a cool feature and shows modern improvement. Just asking. I cant wait, this race should be a lot of fun this year, as it was last year (my first year). Thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
ian, what exactly made you want to go with boosted pan car classes? Personally i love the boost, i think its a cool feature and shows modern improvement. Just asking. I cant wait, this race should be a lot of fun this year, as it was last year (my first year). Thanks
Is Joe Mayne making the trip out this year?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Unfortunately, we aren't able to offer every class. The decision to run the Pan car classes as open only was weighed heavily before it was made. I decided that on a track that size, boosted classes seemed more appropriate.

Once the rules situation for On-Road stabilizes for more than a single season, I'll be willing to re-evaluate the decision, but until then the classes will remain as is. Last year I offered spec only initially for TC, and received TONS of requests for an open esc 17.5 class at a point where "boost" had already been labeled dead. I hope you'll be willing to come out and give boosted a shot again.

Thank You.
It is hard to please everybody and for the people that want to stomp their feet, act like babies, and threaten not to come out because everything isn't 100% to their satisfaction, well you're likely better off without them.

Personally, I'm looking forward to my first race at the Indoor Champs.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Is Joe Mayne making the trip out this year?
no, the ol' lady said NO lol, and they arent even married yet
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi,

What's the difference between 1/12 stock 17.5 and 1/12 masters 17.5?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John.C
Hi,

What's the difference between 1/12 stock 17.5 and 1/12 masters 17.5?
Hey John, in masters you have to be a certain age, im not sure about the minimum age, i think its like 40 or 50 but im sure someone here will clarify that.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As usual we are looking forward to having a blast the Indoor Champs, can't wait.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

no, the ol' lady said NO lol, and they arent even married yet
Oh Snap! See if your Dad can talk some sense into her. It won't be the same without the infamous Joe Mayne!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Oh Snap! See if your Dad can talk some sense into her. It won't be the same without the infamous Joe Mayne!
have already tried numerous time lol, it doesnt seem to faze her, we are planning on spending the whole week up there and just me, my mom, and my dad are gonna "celebrate" thanksgiving. we didnt like getting there a day later then everyone else last year lol
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

have already tried numerous time lol, it doesnt seem to faze her, we are planning on spending the whole week up there and just me, my mom, and my dad are gonna "celebrate" thanksgiving. we didnt like getting there a day later then everyone else last year lol
Hmmm, maybe we need to "kidnap" him and have someone "steal" his equipment for the week. I will harrass him on facebook I guess.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Hmmm, maybe we need to "kidnap" him and have someone "steal" his equipment for the week. I will harrass him on facebook I guess.
that could work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.