Wiki Posts
Search

most reliable brushless motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default most reliable brushless motor

Hey,

i want to know which brushless motors that have a high quality of reliability. I have owned LRP X12 3.5T non octa wind and since i am hearing some problems with it by researching it that the issue is the bearings and overheating.

I would like to know any reliable motors that i would like to buy. Since i have been looking at the internet about it and they are:-

Novak, Norsam, Orion, Speed passion/hobbywing, tekin, orca . i am looking for those motors with 5.5T and below.

My esc is lrp sxx tc spec. Plus what motors usually the touring cars use and what is their number of turns they normally use?

Thanks..
Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

The Novak SS motors were the most reliable I've used. Never had an issue with them.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

learn how to gear properly, clean your bearings and any of the motor companies you listed will last for years.

I clean and re-oiled my bearings once a month and had my last 13.5 last almost 5 years. Replaced the shims like once a year for no good reason too.

Never over geared it, never pushed it and it lasted for what seems like ever.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

i do know how to gear it properly but sometimes i could not get it right as it does feel hot..

i was worried of the lrp motors due to failed bearings as i m paranoid if mine will fail too even i oiled them every run but why it is hot?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by catalzzy
i do know how to gear it properly but sometimes i could not get it right as it does feel hot..

i was worried of the lrp motors due to failed bearings as i m paranoid if mine will fail too even i oiled them every run but why it is hot?
I use Lrp esc's and motors in my off-road vehicles and never had an issue and I've used them in onroad vehicles as well. They are very reliable with little to no maintenance. The only thing I do is motor spray them an oil the bearings. Lrp motors don't like alot of timing. They get hot fast.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

I have had my Tekin redline 13.5 for 2 seasons now, and it still feels great, despite some runs when I knew it got a bit too hot...
Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

high performance brushless motors wont mind being hot is it? i dont know lool....
Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

thunder power motors are good too with plenty of adjustable timing. for about $20 less you can try speedpassion v3 or team epic duo 3. they are all great motors.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by catalzzy
high performance brushless motors wont mind being hot is it? i dont know lool....
If you can touch your motor for more than a couple of seconds, it is not hot enough.