R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default How to start a new racing facility. ( problems )

The name of the thread is not fully descriptive of the the thread I am trying to start. I got the idea from the discussion going on in the Worlds thread and the issues I have encountered trying to secure land from the local governments, to setup a permanant facility. I have also worked with the local shop to help them find a suitable place to setup shop and race ( which seems to be near impossible in or near a major metro area).

Maybe we can get togther and share insight and experiences that will better arm all of us that are trying to get something going in our local areas.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Well Tim the biggest decision maker I have is participation. Or possible lack there of. I noticed you were from FL. I'm in Idaho, where I think with the surrounding cities there might be about 300,000 people where I live. We have a small local club here. But they have had trouble finding a stable indoor place to race. I can think of 3 places that have tried and failed. But each one did very little to promote outside of the local club (which I think has a tendency to do the same). I guess you would call them mom and pop shops.
I was hoping to start with a "tyco series" to gain interest and designate a time on a certain day for the local club racing. Still keeping the week open to practice/customers. Most of the kids I have seen around here use the tyco cars. I know one drawback is lack of radio channels. That's a tough one to get by. If I can get the racers and the tyco kids in the same building, that should start the interest.
The place I'm looking at is big enough to house three indoor tracks. Carpet, concrete, or dirt, any combination. So I should be able to keep the racers separate from the newbies and enable everyone to run without worry of damage to their cars due to someone who is not experienced. I'm just seeing what kind of $$$ I'm needing to get this up and running. And who do I call (State agency wise) to get the ball rolling. Let me know what you have found in your foray into this.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote