Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What stock motor to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default stock

what sort of roll out do you use on the hellfire i can see i will have to get mine from the brush cutter
Old 10-31-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

This is what cracks me up about this post.
This shows the inexperience of about half you guys.

Your so worried about giving your so called "Should Outs" to your so called Sponsors (50% off Retail) you guys never ONCE asked this man or kid what class he was running or what vehicle and or track.

JimmyT-What Vehicle are you running?What brand and make
What is the surface of the track your running on?
If onroad is it carpet or asphalt?
Is it big or small or medium?
If offroad whats the size of the track?

When it comes to motor's it goes like this:

Trinity:
ParaDox-1st rebuildable Stock Motor-Monster Torque but can be tuned and geared HI for RPM
"Great for Small to Medium Sized Tracks.

P2K-Still a very torquey motor with good RPM.Again this motor can be tuned and geared for more RPM.
"Great for Small to Medium Sized Tracks.

P2K2-Great all around motor.Great for all types of racing except BIG onroad tracks."Magnets on latest batches have been falling OUT!!!!!!!!!

GM3-Great Motor for HIGH RPM tracks.Great for 1/12th scale
Kinda sensative to heat on offroad or sedans and burn up easily.

Monster-Probally the BEST all around motor out there.Great for almost any type of racing.I wouldnt advise these on a SMALL tight track.Not enough torque if the track changes direction alot.

Binary Quad Magnet-I would suggest this motor to anyone but 1/12th scale.Hard to Gear and Sensative to Heat

Binary Roar Stock(2 magnet version)-High RPM motor for BIG tracks.Harder to gear than the Monster but a decent motor.
Wouldnt advise this motor for small tight tracks either.

Reedy:
MVP-Great all around motor but it's Kinda Difficult to gear.Motor has great power for small to Medium Sized tracks with the right gearing and tuning.
"Magnets in these motor's are 10x's the quality of Trinity Motor's"

Orion/Peak:
The Peak HellFire and Orion Core-
These are the SAME identical motor with different labels on them.
Lil harder to gear but I will admit that on Small to Medium Sized tracks this is one of my FAVORITE Motor's.I have won plenty of offroad races with these and seen plenty of people do well in Sedan with these on smaller tracks.
"Magnets in this motor are also VERY good"
If your NEW to racing and running offroad I would suggest one of these motor's.They take a TON Of abuse.

Let us know what car and track you run on and I or someone else here can help you with some gearing to start off with on some of the different motor's listed above.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

for the hellfire i useually gear it two or three teeth lower than the monstor

texracer: ok i am one to make a mistake. on asking what track and car etc and i am sorry for not asking that.........but you also have just insulted all of us. first of all i have no sponsors so i have no1 so shout out to. and second of all experience comes in time......and an experienced person whouldent have insulted around ten people for trying to help some1
Old 10-31-2004, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pink pac man
for the hellfire i useually gear it two or three teeth lower than the monstor

texracer: ok i am one to make a mistake. on asking what track and car etc and i am sorry for not asking that.........but you also have just insulted all of us. first of all i have no sponsors so i have no1 so shout out to. and second of all experience comes in time......and an experienced person whouldent have insulted around ten people for trying to help some1
a simple word will do "TexRacer"
Old 10-31-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Take it like it is.I didnt insult anyone but simply pointed out how STUPID some of these post can end up.

If you only have experience with 1 or 2 motor's then sure list your thoughts on those motor's but HOW IN THE WORLD are you going to compare them to other motor's if you have NEVER RAN THEM?Thats just stupid and pretty much SICK of seeing people post like that.

I didnt knock you individually for not asking.Im saying guys it's COMMON SENSE.How in the world are you going to give a guy motor recommendations if you dont ask him some basic questions 1st.

If you commented with a motor you have ran then you would understand(Pinky) I wasnt knocking on you at all.
It's the guys that give thier so called "SHOUTOUTS" that really dont have a CLUE of other motor's.These guys have these so called SPONSORS when its not really sponsorship at all.

Pink Pac Man-I see your post and 99% of the time you are simply trying to help as well as some of the OTHER guys on this post.That in itself is awesome and I and other guys out there thank you for that.Im not pointing ANY fingers at one particular person.Im simply making a STATEMENT.You happen to follow with what some of the others were saying but you are on of the few that didnt compare your motor to others you may have not known about or tried.You simply gave comments on a motor you have RAN.
But let's be honest here and quit with the Politically Correct Crap.

When you were new would you rather have a couple of guys giving you the CORRECT info or 30 guys giving shoutouts not comparing or explaining anything.See what I mean Yet?
Old 10-31-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

TexRacer: amen
Old 10-31-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

P.S.Anyone can look at Ad Banners(Those that arent sponsored) or through a magazine and list motor's or motor makers.
How is this suppose to help ANYONE?
Seeing my point yet?

Man Im a super nice guy and will help ANYONE.But it's some of the people out there that dont have a CLUE that give bad advice or the one's that THINK they know or wanna ACT like they know when they really dont.
Im trying to help guys that dont know to quit giving bad advice.
How would they like it if they needed advice on something and they went and spent $30.00-40.00 to find out it's the WRONG motor for their application?Do they have to replace the motor for this kid or guy? NOPE.Are they held responsible in anyway?
Nope.

It's like telling a kid he has a chance of winning the offroad worlds with a Duratrax.(This is exageration)
Or that he will truly have a chance in a local expert class of sedan to win with a Traxxas 4 Tec.
I mean come on.Dont tell me you took a couple of words I said and worded them to yourself in a way to take it personal.
It wasnt meant that way.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by KE4PJO
TexRacer: amen
Tex Racer, DITTO
Old 10-31-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow!

So does this mean I can't do this
http://www.eamotorsports.360k.com/ea_home.html

and say the Monster stock is probably one of the best all around motors if it's geared properly?
Old 10-31-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Chill Will-Sure you can.
But let's ask ourselves.
Did he ask you for advertisement links to companies or did he ask the simple question of what stock motor to buy.Sure you have suggestions but why not TELL him or Explain to him why you are suggesting that particular can or EA(Eric Anderson) motors.

Maybe he wants to support a local shop that doesnt carry Eric's motor's.Eric's motors are very fast but maybe his shop doesnt carry them.If his shop has a track I would be doing my best to SUPPORT that shop(If prices are fair) so it wouldnt close down and I have a place to race this small investment($350.00-1000.00) I have in my equipment.

Funny how all the "DEAL SEEKERS" whine when their local track shuts down when they dont spend ANY of their R/C money there because of their so called DEALS.lol

P.S.I have a TRUE motor sponsor but you dont see me posting LINKS to his site.NOPE........Reason why?
Does this really help Jimmy T with his question?NO
Why not find out what kind of car or truck he has,find out if he's racing or bashing.If racing find out what kind of track being it Surface,Size and What type of racing.
THIS will help Jimmy T and when he gives us that info one of us might even be able to help him with suggestions on gearing.
This is the answer Jimmy T needs.Not links.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

my pet peeve is when people say, "get either the monster stock pro or a putnam, both are fast" they make it seem like putnam (or any of the other tuners) actually produce their own stock motor.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow guys. He asked a simple question and he got all of this. He's going to be scared to asked another question.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Yea I see your point Matt.
I will give the respects that most of the tuners out there all do quality work of some kind.
Some simply work a lil harder at what they do than others.

Funny thing is:
About 70% of the industry couldnt really tell the difference in a Monster or a TUNED version on a offroad track and less than 50% could tell the difference on a onroad track.This is due to lack of experience.

Example-A bunch of 1/12th scale guys locally which are new but VERY COOL guys were all running TUNED motor's in their 1/12th scale.Due to lack of knowledge(Not saying I know everything.I learn stuff everyday just like you guys) they were running VERY Heavy springs on their 1/12th scale motor's and wondering why they just paid $40.00 for this so called FAST stock motor and it's not fast at all.Well it's due to NOT all motor's are tuned for YOUR type of racing.Alot of times you may get a fast motor and still have to change springs or setup on it to BEST fit your application.
There is NO such thing as the PERFECT motor.
Now if you know tuners and know what they tune for or usually race then sure their motor's will better fit YOUR application.

For instance-These are just examples but wanna show my point.

Birdman-Usually tuned for offroaders.
Putnam-Usually tuned for Sedan
Kisbey-Oval Type motor's.
All these motor's are PREPPED-Comms Cut,Magnets Zapped,Hoods Aligned,Armature Spaced and so on.
Again you can do very well with these motor's but certain things may need to be changed for you to FULLY benefit from these motors for YOUR type of racing.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Not at all Chill Will.

He asked a question and it spured other comments to be made that will not only help HIM but others as well.

I Private Messaged Jimmy T.

If he cares to Share what car or truck he drives,what kind of track and so on he drives on then Im sure one of us will be more than happy to help him.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

on the question of stock motors, what is your opinion on the fukuyama mako along with the Fantom Stock? (yes i know, both are based off an epic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.