Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Suggestions On Purchasing A New Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need Suggestions On Purchasing A New Car/Kit

I recentley took a break from racing for a few months and thinking I was never gonna comeback I sold all my equipment. Well now Im getting back into racing and I need to buy a new kit. I already had a TC3 and a XXXS but I wanna try something different. I was looking at the XRAY Evo kits which look pretty nice and then theres the Losi J-XRS which looks great but doesnt come out for a few months and Id like to buy a car in the coming weeks. Any suggestions would be great,Keep in mind Im looking for a competition racing kit.

Thanks

By the way how much do XRAY T1's sell for

Last edited by Allen Sondej; 10-29-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have an xray and think its the best thing i own........but there are cars that have the same or better performance ie:tamiya trf 415/associated tc4/losi jrxs/corraly rdx/shumacher mi2/hpi pro4/tamiya evo4/etc

you should get the best chassis that your lhs suports
Old 10-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

don't forget the Yokomo MR4TC SDW or the SD SSG the SDW is Masami's personal race duoplicate and the SD SSG is what Easton is running in the worlds as we speek. They are both top notch cars. I have the SSG with the Rayspeed upgrade chassis and WOW is all I can say, I sold my TC3 because once I raced with the SSG it was like night and day. I have now add the YOKOMO TC mini to my collection also. Once you try Yokomo it is hard for you to turn away. I have driven the Mi2, TRF 415(which I also love but is hard to keep a tune), Pro 4, anf the T1FK and I still love the low price leader of luxury TC's. Just another persective here.
Hope this doesn't make your choice harder, but I would recommend trying one at your track and see what you think.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 10-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A TRF415 is currently TQ at the worlds right now. People who have seen it on the track can't help but mention how much faster it looks. Mayb this is a good reason to try a tamiya.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Thw losi JRXS seems good if you can wait a bit more but the tc4 seems a good car

Chazz
Old 10-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Can't go wrong with the new world champ Tamiya TRF415MS.
The Xray FK, Losi JRXS, Schumacher MI2, Corally RDX, Associated TC4, & HPI PRO4 are all GREAT cars. Just get something your lhs will carry parts for.
I'm personally waiting on the Losi JRXS.
Just 2 more months....
Old 10-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have a 415 and love it..the new losi looks cool but ide wait to see how well it works with the cars out there now
Old 10-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

There are plenty a good cars out there. But, to me, it always comes down to availabilty of support parts.