Kyosho Plazma 1/12th pan chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was hoping it was the old car...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd love to get my hands on one. It's fun to run something different from everyone else.

Unless you break something.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Why do all the new cars have this "low" motor plates? I don't think it really lowers the cg and just weakens the motor pod !?!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

as usual ,they are late to join the dance. perhaps ten years too late if you ask me. why wait this long to introduce a twelve scale?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Der Dicke
Why do all the new cars have this "low" motor plates? I don't think it really lowers the cg and just weakens the motor pod !?!
Because of weight saving and supression of the Rear pod tweaking. Every body is working in the same direction : Us to...

Better later than never...
Old 08-05-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Someone has some better (or more) pic's?

Looks cool.

Regards Robert
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have always wanted one of the origonal Plazma's. Hard to find even back in the day.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:51 AM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Call me #7.

Love how folks that are never going to buy the car complain about:

1) the (yet to be determined) price. EU and AU sorry you guys are screwed. Kyosho America ain't bad. Let's see what turns up. If it is $650, I'll be the first in Fountain Valley with a torch and pitchfork.

2) the design. It's a copy of... Of course it looks like every other pan car out there. It's a pan car. It's supposed to be simple. If Kyosho can bring quality materials and velvet grade shocks to the scale, I'm all for it. It's all about execution of a proven design. 1/12 has always been about simplicity executed perfectly.

3) the timing. Yah, 1/12 is way past it's prime. The class is almost dead. Way to show up late to the game Kyosho. As someone else said, better late than never. 1/12 will be around for a long time and it's not like there's an expiration date. While I would have liked to see it sooner as well, we have what we have: another big manufacturer stepping into 1/12 to challenge a scale that has largely been dominated by AE and boutique niche players.

I'm stoked!

Last edited by ruf; 08-06-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I like it, it's good to see more companies getting into the game.

Locally I don't see 12th dying at all. on road is down, especially TC but for us 12th and WGT is the strongest classes.

I like this, and the new V-Dezign (wish I'd be able to get my hands on one) and the legend 12.1
Old 08-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wasn't complaining about the design. Price and availability are the issue. I'd love to run a tf6. But how many of them do you see? Rc champ is the only shop I've seen that carries them.

Btw what is wrong with the $AU? Last I checked the US were the ones having to borrow more money to pay off their debt!
Euro have their problems but Australia is kicking butt.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruf
boutique niche players.
This is how you define Calandra? Maybe CEFX and BMI? Well they are definitely Players.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitch-e4fs
Wasn't complaining about the design. Price and availability are the issue. I'd love to run a tf6. But how many of them do you see? Rc champ is the only shop I've seen that carries them.

Btw what is wrong with the $AU? Last I checked the US were the ones having to borrow more money to pay off their debt!
I am one of only 3 drivers in Holland to drive the TF6 and it is the best car I have ever driven , so much roll , i am a lot faster with this car then i was with my T3 , not that that was a bad car but too planted ,

I think i will look at getting one of these too , but why do a 1/12th when we are still waiting for a geardiff for the TF6!!!!!

Nice looking car though
Old 08-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alien rc
Because of weight saving and supression of the Rear pod tweaking. Every body is working in the same direction : Us to...

Better later than never...
can you explain me how a motor bulkhead that fixes the motor only at the bottom part like the TOP rebel and this kyosho one suppresses pod tweaking? How many gramms does it save weight?
Old 08-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

By using symetric fixation for right and left alloy parts on the rear pod. We are doing the same on our prototype...
About saving weight, in 1/12th scale much more than on other classes : 1 gr is 1 gr...
--> So less material to fix the motor is ... less gramms.

A good friend told me in th past : in 1/12th scale, Devil is in details. He's right...
Old 08-07-2011, 02:56 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitch-e4fs

Trust me, I know how weak the USD is right now... A cabbie wouldn't even take my $20 bill in Toronto! I'm referring to the complaints that I usually here about price and availability of Kyosho products in Europe and Australia. Kyosho America has done a decent job of addressing those issues after taking over from Great Planes.

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
This is how you define Calandra? Maybe CEFX and BMI? Well they are definitely Players.
Not knocking them, as they are definitely players, but they do not have the resources of AE, Tamiya, Losi, Kyosho, etc. This fact allows them agility and integrity of design, but may limit them in terms of manufacturing/scale/funding resources.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.