Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion 90c lipo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MeBeMikey
I just bought the 5500 90c version of the these batteries. I'v raced with MuchMore 4400 50c, MooreSpeed 5000's and 5600's 50c, LRP fat Cobra 65c and now this one. I must admit, I was extremely hesitant to buy one of these batteries since I just bought a brand new MooreSpeed lipo. My home track is Andy Moore's home track, Ardent Raceway, so I always preferred to support our local pro driver and always will. He's got some really cool products.

Well, I charged up the Orion lipo for race 2 at Ardent raceway after having done some really fast laps with a brand new MooreSpeed 5600 50c and 22 laps in 307, fastest was 13.01. With the Orion my overall was 23 laps in 303 with a fastest of 12.8! At this point my MooreSpeed tyres had 12 runs on them!

I run all LRP gear, even their lipo but my LRP lipos don't even compare to MooreSpeed! Shame cause I really like LRP products. Back to Orion...

The Orion's have an edge on punch and an edge on top speed. This battery will make those motors that have a softer feel have an X12 grunt. My honest opinion is these are the best batteries I have ever used. Lots of us are switching to them. For me, it's a must have since I race at top level and the .2 of a sec is a lot to gain.

I'll run MooreSpeed 1st qualifier then it's Orions for the rest of the day. For tracks that are small I'll run my old MooreSpeed's as the Orions will be too much.
You must have done some more runs on both now.

How do they compare, are the Orion's still on top?

I personally only buy Thunder Power as I've always had good performance from them. Managed my fastest laps on Friday at Newbury with 3yr old 40C TP's
Old 01-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I personally only buy Thunder Power as I've always had good performance from them. Managed my fastest laps on Friday at Newbury with 3yr old 40C TP's
yep the tp/fantoms are a great battery....have still got one which is almost new....the new fantoms look like they are made by revtech...which make them cheaper...but i could be wrong