Search
Like Tree6Likes

T.O.P. Racing Rebel 10 World GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
Just wait until the pics of him with the helmet on hit the internet!
Don't dare me!! I have them on my phone right now!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

I too have pictures of Crashby's helmet...
Originally Posted by Advil
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
Dare you? Hell, I'll pay you!

Originally Posted by Dragarcher
I too have pictures of Crashby's helmet...
Peeper!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

You Guys Are Funny! Great racing with you all at Top Gun.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just got mine and looking forward to putting it together!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Is it true that the J-Spec version is complete? I understand it has a lower polar bear movement.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragarcher
Is it true that the J-Spec version is complete? I understand it has a lower polar bear movement.
You mean it eats seals?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

J-Spec??? not sure what you mean.. If you mean the instructions are all in Japanese, and step 13 is on page one.. then yes you are correct. hahahah

There is some english, but not a whole lot.. God bless pictures!

So far its been fun putting it together!!! The car looks really good!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Hey odpurple, just wanted to tell you I got the wire crimper tool for shortening the servo and other misc wires. I was so proud of myself I wanted to go show someone/anyone my handy work. After I was done crimping they all just slid into place and snapped right in. Nothing perfect like your work but at least I dont have a rats nest anymore. lol
Old 09-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A question for you guys ...

I'm running 2.17 CRC fronts and it seems that with that tire size I need to use about 4mm of ride height spacers .. but that causes a couple of problems, one is that if the servo is angled then the turnbuckled will hit the castor blocks. What are you guys doing in this situation?

Secondly, the sliver 3mm flathead screws that screw into the bottom of the arm assembly are too short, using normal 3mm screws won't work because the silver ones actually have a smaller head on them, that sets them into the graphite piece so they sit flush against the chassis. Does TOP have longer versions of these screws (10mm, 12mm)?

Also had a thought .. on the kingpin, the stack goes like

0.5mm shim
2.0mm shim
Top Arm
1.0 mm shim
3.0mm shim
Steering Knuckle
Bottom Arm

Can I move the Steering Knuckle up without affecting any settings? Just moving the shims around a bit. This would help with ride height, but does it change roll center or anything else?

0.5mm shim
2.0mm shim
Top Arm
2.0mm shim
Steering Knuckle
2.0mm shim
Bottom Arm

Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ByteStream
A question for you guys ...

I'm running 2.17 CRC fronts and it seems that with that tire size I need to use about 4mm of ride height spacers .. but that causes a couple of problems, one is that if the servo is angled then the turnbuckled will hit the castor blocks. What are you guys doing in this situation?

Secondly, the sliver 3mm flathead screws that screw into the bottom of the arm assembly are too short, using normal 3mm screws won't work because the silver ones actually have a smaller head on them, that sets them into the graphite piece so they sit flush against the chassis. Does TOP have longer versions of these screws (10mm, 12mm)?

Also had a thought .. on the kingpin, the stack goes like

0.5mm shim
2.0mm shim
Top Arm
1.0 mm shim
3.0mm shim
Steering Knuckle
Bottom Arm

Can I move the Steering Knuckle up without affecting any settings? Just moving the shims around a bit. This would help with ride height, but does it change roll center or anything else?

0.5mm shim
2.0mm shim
Top Arm
2.0mm shim
Steering Knuckle
2.0mm shim
Bottom Arm

Thoughts?
Im running my tires at 53.6 and I will need to use about 2mills of shims to hit ride height. I have my Tie rods on the upper whole of the servo saver. As for the second question I dunno I would call OD, he has the most experience with the car. I havent had that issue..

I just got my car together and ran a couple test laps tonight. I was in a hurry and didnt even get to adjust ride height. I have to say it felt pretty good. i dont have a lot of experience with pan cars but Im really looking forward to running it.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I got a chance to Run some laps at TZ yesterday. I was running the box stock set up, and it worked good! Super consistant and easy to drive. I Cant wait to see what EJ can do with it at IIC!

Good luck to all the TOP guys at IIC!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Pics

Originally Posted by Crashby
Ran the car for the first time yesterday. Car was perfect!! Did not have to make any adjustments!! Car had great corner speed and was supper easy to drive. Was on TQ pace in last qualifier only to hit a dot and got the car upside down. When it finally stopped sliding and turn marshal got me back rolling, I had lost my TQ pace. Qualified second and finished second due to battery issue. (Low voltage. New batteries ordered) Ran the car with the battery down the middle (aka CRC) and right up against the back of the steering servo placing more weight forward. To set the car up this way, you need to order two parts, two rear cross brace stand offs and two washers. Maybe OD can post the part numbers.

This is a very nice car!!!!!
Can we see pics?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can try and post some pics of mine tonight. I just switched my battery layout (again) and cant wait to get it on the track.

So far I love the car. LOTS of corner speed!!!

FYI get aluminum bumper screws!! they are a must IMO. they brake right off if you hit something and saves the bumper!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any truth to the rumor that TOP is working on a new bumper design?

From personal experience it is pretty fragile as far as bumpers go .. working on number 3 at the moment at a price of around $20 each. If I remember correcly, the guys at IIC were going through them at a pretty good pace. I've had mine actually push into the carbon fiber Front Arm Mounts and split those. Not good.

Looking into a Kydex Bumper ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.