Search

The 2012 Snowbird Nationals: 01/31/12 - 2/05/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
+1

The only format I find to be better than the quals +1 main, is the RROC format, but even that I'd leave to the MOD/Invitational crowd.

If only there were a race series that determined an overall champion.......
I really dont know how anyone can disagree with triple A mains.

I spent 1500 bucks, a week of vacation time off of work and got almost no sleep for a week. Raced 18 hours a day. Qualified top 3 in the 3 classes I tried in, only to have all that time and work wasted/ruined on the first lap by other drivers. It almost makes me not want to go to any more races that are not triple A mains.

This has happened to me almost countless times at the Snowbirds and other Big races without triple A's. It almost makes me consider the TQ of the class the winner because the mains are more luck than skill a lot of the time.

Apoligies after the race for ruining my whole week are not going to cut it any more. I'm going to start treating others as I have been treated on starts. Unfortunate as it is this attitude is going to trickle down and make mains awful imo.

IMO if the race does not have triple A mains they should restart Mains where multiple people get peeled on the first lap.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-10-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

triple A mains is my vote as well...

But I also agree with a restart for pile ups or peels in the 1st lap...at the USVTA Scale Nats and Southern Nats last year...If it wasnt clean at the start, we restarted, and it made for some better racing...and also made for more of a clear winner...

I understand being on TQ and have to start from 7 or 8th on the 1st lap and work back up front...but it is possible, but alot of work...alot
Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My vote is 2 days of practice, 3 qualifiers, and double "A" mains.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As a yearly bmain racer id also recommend that we either give up on the b-screw bump up or give racers more time to prep their cars.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
As a yearly bmain racer id also recommend that we either give up on the b-screw bump up or give racers more time to prep their cars.
+1 on more time for B main racers.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Why dont they use qual points indoors?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The argument goes both ways. I realize the time invested, but personally I'd rather get peeled once versus 3 times

As well as true one set of tires versus 3, time my charge on one battery versus 3, etc, etc.

And what if that peel broke your car? Then you have to thrash wrench your car back together, all while probably running other classes... for my $ that's not fun anymore, in which case like we talked about Larry, we might as well go do something else .
Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

this is a good class to get into if you dont want triple A mains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZNs82bdcs

triple A mains 5 mins races dash to the end three times
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
The argument goes both ways. I realize the time invested, but personally I'd rather get peeled once versus 3 times

As well as true one set of tires versus 3, time my charge on one battery versus 3, etc, etc.

And what if that peel broke your car? Then you have to thrash wrench your car back together, all while probably running other classes... for my $ that's not fun anymore, in which case like we talked about Larry, we might as well go do something else .
If you do it right it's only 2.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I really dont know how anyone can disagree with triple A mains.

I spent 1500 bucks, a week of vacation time off of work and got almost no sleep for a week. Raced 18 hours a day. Qualified top 3 in the 3 classes I tried in, only to have all that time and work wasted/ruined on the first lap by other drivers. It almost makes me not want to go to any more races that are not triple A mains.

This has happened to me almost countless times at the Snowbirds and other Big races without triple A's. It almost makes me consider the TQ of the class the winner because the mains are more luck than skill a lot of the time.

Apoligies after the race for ruining my whole week are not going to cut it any more. I'm going to start treating others as I have been treated on starts. Unfortunate as it is this attitude is going to trickle down and make mains awful imo.

IMO if the race does not have triple A mains they should restart Mains where multiple people get peeled on the first lap.
Well Larry. For what is worth I spent much more $ than you and try to drive nice and let drives pass me, only to find that the driver pass me take me out, I have to say that I see more rough driving this year and some heat was embarrassing to see 12 scale is not about taking out drivers but nice and clean run.

Triple A mains, do not help here as the drivers are going harder and harder as we move to the last A main.

stop and go will help, but you will possibly still lose position.

And I Have no sponsors I pay for all my stuff.

And I like to thank, Josh CFX, Phil, Eric Thomas, Bruce SM, Petter, Frank CRC, Brian, Markus OnPoint, Paul, Drew, Alexander Xray, Eric Revtech, Sean AE, Billy Trinity, and all the Racers that was on my pit table :-) and the hobby store :-) and the race crew putting on this race.

Alf
Old 02-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here is your solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sXDAnaL11A
Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No vote for triple C's?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Could not agree more, if after 4 long rounds your not in the top 10..too bad. If your 10th you deserve the 'A', 11th ....we'll you're screwed

Originally Posted by peter_robinson

At least triple A's allow you to recover from a breakout, rushing to fix and run a broke car is better than resting on the run you broke out on.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I do not like the B screw either make the main or don't. All the B Screw does is make the B main a train wreck. Qualifying 10th and have someone destroy you in the B is really pretty bad, and it happens more often then not.

Qualify 10 people to each main and run Triple A mains. I agree with Larry at least in triple A mains you have a chance to try and redeem yourself. People make mistakes and racing incidents happen, but to work all week and have someone destroy your race is a tough pill to swallow.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think for me and many others the worst is the start. I wish we had a different way to start. We are all sitting on the straight, the horn blows and everyone goes flying into the fastest corner of the track. This just sets everyone up for kill or be killed. I honestly hate qualifying at the top of the grid locally in off-road for this very reason. I can sit in the 8th or 9th position and drive around the carnage that is upfront and usually finish well. Has anyone ever tried scattering the cars in the in-field for the start?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.