Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Sakura XI

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just ordered mine. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to show up. I really like the original Zero (I even sold my TRF417 in favor of my Zero), so I'm hoping the XI lives up to (or even surpasses) its predecessor.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alphaqgti
Just ordered mine. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to show up. I really like the original Zero (I even sold my TRF417 in favor of my Zero), so I'm hoping the XI lives up to (or even surpasses) its predecessor.
interesting......I was thinking of buying a 417 or this new sakura. What does the sakura do that the 417 doesn't? Just curious is all.

the only negative I can find on the sakura's are a lack of rear end grip which I keep on hearing all the time.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
interesting......I was thinking of buying a 417 or this new sakura. What does the sakura do that the 417 doesn't? Just curious is all.

the only negative I can find on the sakura's are a lack of rear end grip which I keep on hearing all the time.
The "lack"of rear grip comes from the racer not bothering to try narrow rear blocks. The Zero kits originally come with wide rear blocks and wide arms (wider than a Tamiya) When the narrow blocks were fitted (or the narrow arms used) the car generated rear grip.

A driver here in Sydney is reporting his Sakura X1 is generating plenty of grip
Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alphaqgti
Were did you order yours from? Thanks
Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What Cannon said.
Had plenty of rear grip on my Sakura Zero with the narrow arms.
Did run the same setup as i did with my TRF416X and was only 2 tenth slower.
This was due to not using the same motor in both cars tho.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by hacker

Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First test of th XI on a proper track with medium grip and all i can say is wow
massive grip so much i had to go extreme on springs running second to hardest in 3racing spring set and 550 oil all round and still could of gone harder.
all i did from stock setup to get car really good was .5mm of antidive and raise camber links on front and rear by 1mm .
With more testing this car will be even more awesome than it already is
Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Flip
Not sure if you ran a Zero but would you say the X1 is significantly better than a Zero with narrow chassis and the narrow rear end mods?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody got any pictures of their Sakura xi setup's or any new feed back on the cars. What major parts do I need to convert my Sakura zero to xi I already have the motor mount rear narrow arms and rear hubs what else do I need
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lizardboy76
Anybody got any pictures of their Sakura xi setup's or any new feed back on the cars. What major parts do I need to convert my Sakura zero to xi I already have the motor mount rear narrow arms and rear hubs what else do I need
you need chassis ,bulkheads top and bottom,v2 geardiff (same as old one but stronger and gears have had a revamp+pitch on pully)

XI has narrow front and rear arms and standard toe blocks .

The new rear bulkheads have integrated belt tensioner and new eccentric system.

The new sakura is great car with great grip with kit ish setup car has too much grip i had to make car stiffer to work better.]
will post some startup setups soon
Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Questions??

having a hard time deciding,hope someone with alot more knowledge can help me out.heres what i'm thinking, trf417 big bucks still no independant motor mount,t3 2011 people still complaining about shocks,tc6 is still just a tc6,s411 looks good but been reading has sloppy steering,and then i found out about the x1.this car seems to be just as good as the formentioned.i guess what i'm asking is,is this car really that good.construction,parts availability,durability,drivability,etc. thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

just built my car, quality is really good, everything fits perfectly..no dremel required! quality is on par with the other big brands out there.

only downside is that the upper bushing in the shocks has too small diameter, which causes the shaft to move sideways.. have ordered the tamiya parts ($5) and i will change them asap,

havent raced the car yet but i have only read good things about it

also, the pink alu looks really nice

Last edited by Bappe; 09-19-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes more detail setup !
Old 09-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Will they release a Sakura XI S?
Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al3x
Will they release a Sakura XI S?
Would be only a guess but id say yes. Save the xtra dollars and grab the Xi, great car very very well built and fantastic to drive.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Gents,

I spend sometime doing an editable setup sheet for this car, find it here.
I wish i can add some weight's positions on the lower desk, can you provide (either by PM, e-mail or on this thread) some ideas of where you locate those items? Pictures welcome to ease the understanding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.