Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great to hear the car worked so well for ya Latif!!

Yes, we are working on front end kits as well as "Pro" kits. We still do not have our own center shock but the rest will be included in the new Pro kits. We will be working on the details over the next few days and I will have things up as fast as possible!!!

I also wanted to post about the new Z4 1/12 tires and hubs:

At the Snowbirds, we recieved the first production tires and while a handfull of people tried them, those that did really loved them!! In fact, Peter Robinson went on to TQ and win the 17.5 Blinky class using CEFX Z4 Grey/White Rears and CEFX Z4 Black/Grey fronts. It was a great run by Mr. RCTrim and a great debut for the new Z4 racing tires!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Josh,

Great to see the new tires doing well.

I checked out the CEFX website... I didnt see a Grey/White rear tire. Was this an unlisted tire that Peter was using? Or was it actually a Grey/Yellow?

Do you have any plans to make a solid Black front?

Id be interested in hearing Peter's review of the Black/Grey combo fronts... That could be a very nice choice for blinky 12th.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

My mistake - The rears he ran were the Grey/Yellow. Sorry about that - Still a little foggy from the drive home!

Solid Black fronts - I'm not sure at the moment but it is possible in the future. I know at times there is trouble getting good/hard black in from the foam supplier so the thought was to make the grey/black to have the hard outer ring for the corner speed and lack of traction roll with the added steering of the grey. Also, it would reduce the amount of black we use to keep the hard black in stock and the front tires more consistant from batch to batch.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

New wheels/hubs look awesome. Peter's car was phenomenal all week using them too! Congrats!

EA
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

Im interested in trying out your new Z4 racing tires. I have a Hudy tire truer what do I do for a arbor for the rear rims?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The arbor will be available from CEFX very soon I'm sure, it was in fact the only issue with the new tire/wheel setup all week! Josh I thin it's time for a new truer lol.

But here's my testimonial. I ran Jaco black fronts and yellow rears through practice until finally getting a chance to hang out with josh for a minute after road practice was done on Wednesday. I looked at the new hubs and tires, we discussed trying them and I trued a set for the 2hrs of practice in the morning. In that 2min run I ran faster laps than I had any run prior, and with greater consistency. So it was on for qualifying.

I don't know what happened in the first qual exactly but it was something magical... I nor anyone else could touch it all week.

I have to say the best part of the product is the 2-screw left clamping hub. Josh nailed something that should have been an industry standard design for years. No more left hub wobble, allowing you to run sticker tires and be dialed from lap 1. Novices as well as seasoned competitors are going to benefit for this hub setup.

CEFX tires will be going for a first national championship in March, I just booked my ticket today!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Arbors are on the way. Good work last week Peter! Hopefully I'll see you in Dallas.

I got to run one of the 1/10 left side hubs on my WGT, very nice and didn't slip like the hub I was using. I was also using a chassis plate Josh had made for the 10R5. Best driving WGT car I've ever wheeled!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Peter,

Cool man thanks for the info. Once i get an arbor im going to place an order Now all ya need is to run his car and you'll be super dialed!!!

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
The arbor will be available from CEFX very soon I'm sure, it was in fact the only issue with the new tire/wheel setup all week! Josh I thin it's time for a new truer lol.

But here's my testimonial. I ran Jaco black fronts and yellow rears through practice until finally getting a chance to hang out with josh for a minute after road practice was done on Wednesday. I looked at the new hubs and tires, we discussed trying them and I trued a set for the 2hrs of practice in the morning. In that 2min run I ran faster laps than I had any run prior, and with greater consistency. So it was on for qualifying.

I don't know what happened in the first qual exactly but it was something magical... I nor anyone else could touch it all week.

I have to say the best part of the product is the 2-screw left clamping hub. Josh nailed something that should have been an industry standard design for years. No more left hub wobble, allowing you to run sticker tires and be dialed from lap 1. Novices as well as seasoned competitors are going to benefit for this hub setup.

CEFX tires will be going for a first national championship in March, I just booked my ticket today!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Z4

Hi Josh,

I have a question on your new Z4 tires. What would be slightly softer than a yellow rear? White or White-Yellow? Basically I’m looking for a range that works well on a medium bite track for 17.5 blinky. Also, how do your colors compare to CRC rubber?

Last, I assume the Yokomo R12 arbor works for truing the tires, since the R12 also used center mount rear tires.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Mike - I took a Hudy 1/10 arbor and cut the shoulder down to 14mm on a lathe. We have arbors in production but will be a little bit yet. Oh, and it would be awesome to have Peter run a CEFX but I know Bruce has taken good care of him for many years so it's cool. I'm just glad our tires were on his Speed Merchant for the win!

EA - Thanks!

Thanks for the post Peter!!

Highside20:

White = Soft
Yellow = Medium
Grey = Firm
Black = Hard

X = Super Soft
Pink = Soft
Magenta = Medium
Double Pink = Hard
Team Purple = Xtra Hard

Not sure how our colors compare to CRC as they are sort of a mix of BSR and Jaco color coding.

No - The Yokomo arbor will not work. The ID in the center of the rim is larger than that of a flanged bearing - you would have to at least make a 14mm OD x 10.7mm ID x 3mm thick spacer to fit on a standard arbor to mount up to our rims.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default couple of questions

hey Josh, I had a question involving the Griffin 12 conversion. I have been look at it for a little while now and am seriously considering it because they seem to be the #1 12th scale out there, so i was wandering if CRC side links will work on it? I ask because I have an absolute ton of them

My other question is about the Evo TC pro conversion and more for everyones opinion. I wanted to know how well it worked on carpet and high bite asphalt, and how it runs in general when compared to a stock Photon. Thank! any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Mike - I took a Hudy 1/10 arbor and cut the shoulder down to 14mm on a lathe. We have arbors in production but will be a little bit yet. Oh, and it would be awesome to have Peter run a CEFX but I know Bruce has taken good care of him for many years so it's cool. I'm just glad our tires were on his Speed Merchant for the win!

EA - Thanks!

Thanks for the post Peter!!

Highside20:

White = Soft
Yellow = Medium
Grey = Firm
Black = Hard

X = Super Soft
Pink = Soft
Magenta = Medium
Double Pink = Hard
Team Purple = Xtra Hard

Not sure how our colors compare to CRC as they are sort of a mix of BSR and Jaco color coding.

No - The Yokomo arbor will not work. The ID in the center of the rim is larger than that of a flanged bearing - you would have to at least make a 14mm OD x 10.7mm ID x 3mm thick spacer to fit on a standard arbor to mount up to our rims.
Thanks Josh!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
hey Josh, I had a question involving the Griffin 12 conversion. I have been look at it for a little while now and am seriously considering it because they seem to be the #1 12th scale out there, so i was wandering if CRC side links will work on it? I ask because I have an absolute ton of them

My other question is about the Evo TC pro conversion and more for everyones opinion. I wanted to know how well it worked on carpet and high bite asphalt, and how it runs in general when compared to a stock Photon. Thank! any help will be greatly appreciated!
I feel the Evo TC is a great car, after I stopped setting it up like a nitro TC I have noticed my times drop huge. I was able to run respectable times against our local AE factory guys and to be honest I think my driving style is not quite suited to rubber tires on carpet. I would highly recommend the car to anyone.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

COLD - I think the side links will work but I am pretty sure the center pivot will not. I believe the mounting pattern for the holes is different. I know my opinion about the Evo vs Photon but I'll let the others let you know what they think.

Highside - Thanks for the Evo comments.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Highside20
I feel the Evo TC is a great car, after I stopped setting it up like a nitro TC I have noticed my times drop huge. I was able to run respectable times against our local AE factory guys and to be honest I think my driving style is not quite suited to rubber tires on carpet. I would highly recommend the car to anyone.
Greatly appreciated! Exactly the answer i was looking for! Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.