R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2003, 11:03 AM   #1246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Whacky
He guys,

Now that the TA04-TRF is almost out how long will it take for the TA05 to come out?
And how long after the TA05 is out will there be part support for the TA04.

I'am asking this becouse i'am looking for a new racecar and can't decide on the TA04-R or wait for the TA05 or HPI Pro4.

Thanks in advance,

Whacky.
Whacky,
That's like trying to wait for the next best computer...it never ends...get the one that you like and best fits your needs, the TA05 has not even come out yet...maybe it will be a dual shaft and belt drive. heheh. the TA04-R has a ton of parts and it's a great car.
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #1247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

rtypec / Izzyracer,

GT3 sounds fun... I finally gave in and bought a tub chassis at Tower Hobbies. Just can't wait anymore for the TA04-TRF!!! Going to rebuild my aging 04-Pro and get it up to GT2/GT3 spec for racing... hopefully I can get everything setup before the first TCS here in So Cali. Quick question though, is Tamiya still limiting entries to two classes per person? Hope they change the rules... I would like to be able to run GT1/GT2/GT3... I'm sure they'll ban me running TL-01 spec already hehehe...

Ian
Old 03-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #1248
Tech Elite

eeeee-ehiyan,

Why did you buy at tower? and mahal doon, anyway. I'm also thinking twice about the TRF version. I might just get another M2, so how about that Replica for $450.00 ....cash heheh!
GT1, GT2, GT3...that I have to see...hopefully you won't get bruises from running around the pit area...hehhe
Old 03-06-2003, 12:22 PM   #1249
Tech Elite

Izzy,

Actually, the price at Tower wasn't bad at all... around $35 for the chassis. I checked with a hobby shop close by and they said that they can get it directly at Tamiya for around $40, but no guarantees on when it will arrive... I also checked with Steve at Speedtech, and he mentioned something like $50... yikes! Logical choice was Tower.. =) I'm itching to run stock on my 04 with the tub. The saddle chassis served me well in 2 years running mod (I can't believe the bottom still looks brand new?!?!)... now, it's time to see how I'll do with the tub in stock. You think my setup with the saddle work with the tub? Hope the car doesn't change too much...

Ian
Old 03-06-2003, 12:30 PM   #1250
Tech Elite

OOOOoooo. I tot U bot a hol kit!
Old 03-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #1251
Tech Elite

Izzy,

My wife bought my 04-Pro when it first came out two~three years ago (remember Taka at California R/C... those were the days!)... I don't think I can replace this car with a new one yet... hehehe... just too sentimental! But come to think of it, besides some screws and the steering post, I've already changed 99% of the parts that came with the original Pro. And with those parts, I can build a backup car... BUT, being the BIG KIDS that we are... I still can't wait to get my hands on the new TRF... hmmm... I won't be surprised if I see you running one of these babies soon...

Ian
Old 03-06-2003, 12:52 PM   #1252
Tech Elite

heheheh, The car that we ran was also an original TA04-pro. I still have the blue box. and it just turned into an R. That was the first tamiya car I bought when I got back from this hobby.
Your right about the TRF, as soon as Peter gives me the notice...we will be having lunch again...Vietnamese style!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:20 PM   #1253
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

i use my b2 with the tamiya blue med-narrow inserts n they work veri well considering the type of track tat i ran on...small technical bumpy track...
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 04:39 PM   #1254
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
Izzy,

(I can't believe the bottom still looks brand new?!?!)...
Ian
did you use some kinda of chassis protector??? I have used the associate chassi protector, and I don't really like it that much. The reason is that if the chassis is rubbed against the ground, the protector thing will get rub off over time and leave a thin layer of residue on the chassis.

what Kinda of chassis protector do you use?

thanks
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #1255
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
what Kinda of chassis protector do you use?

thanks
TRF-Powered,

About a year ago, I did an article for R/C Car Magazine regarding "chassis concourse"... In one of the segments, I mentioned the use of lexan sheets. You can buy these at hobby stores for about a dollar a piece. After years of using it, I found out that the .02 is the most durable. Simply cut it out in the shape of the chassis and use the 4 outermost screws to bolt it right under the chassis... The procedure may be time consuming, but it's all worth it... all my cars are in pristine condition and could easily pass as brand new out of the box cars... oh by the way, durability-wise... a sheet will last about 5 races or more... depending on how often you bottom out or crash...

Ian
Old 03-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #1256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
TRF-Powered,

About a year ago, I did an article for R/C Car Magazine regarding "chassis concourse"... In one of the segments, I mentioned the use of lexan sheets. You can buy these at hobby stores for about a dollar a piece. After years of using it, I found out that the .02 is the most durable. Simply cut it out in the shape of the chassis and use the 4 outermost screws to bolt it right under the chassis... The procedure may be time consuming, but it's all worth it... all my cars are in pristine condition and could easily pass as brand new out of the box cars... oh by the way, durability-wise... a sheet will last about 5 races or more... depending on how often you bottom out or crash...

Ian
Just curious, Are you Ian Aquino? I think I have the magazine you're referrring to.

Here, we use anti-slip strips from 3M. These are the sandpaper-like strips usually sticked to stairs and bath tubs to prevent slippages. Most of the racers here use big ride heights (bumpy track) so the strips last a long time.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:42 AM   #1257
Tech Elite

Hi rough512,

Yeah, that's me... Ian A. I'm surprised you recognize the article I was talking about... that was "ages" ago...
Old 03-07-2003, 03:16 AM   #1258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi rough512,

Yeah, that's me... Ian A. I'm surprised you recognize the article I was talking about... that was "ages" ago...
Actually here, we tend to keep those old magazines longer since the price is enough to buy spare A-arms.

I think we pick more news, reviews and setup tips from the INternet than from the magazines.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 07:39 AM   #1259
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi rough512,

Eeyan,

Sikat na talaga ang aming race mate! yeeeehehehh!
Old 03-09-2003, 03:03 PM   #1260
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

any good results this weekend with the 04R?
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote