R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2002, 11:26 PM   #436
Tech Rookie

hi guys,

will the light weight diff halves fit on the front one way? or does it not need them?.

also, which chassis would be better to use? the newer carbon tub chassis or the carbon plate stick chassis? i run side by side packs.

thanks for the help
mobilenemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #437
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TA04 R competitive???

How competitive is the TA04R chassis compared to the other TC's out there? I hear it's heavier than most, but so is the XXX-S. Thanks for your input.
Denso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 12:30 AM   #438
Tech Initiate

Default Re: TA04 R competitive???

Quote:
Originally posted by Denso
How competitive is the TA04R chassis compared to the other TC's out there? I hear it's heavier than most, but so is the XXX-S. Thanks for your input.
I'm not sure it's all that much heavier than other cars. My TA04S with all the electronics (old Tekin 410 ESC and 2-channel AM Futaba receiver) including battery pack (no body) weighs about 1490 grams. The XXX-S on the other hand is nice because it has a fully enclosed drive belt and is ultra smooth and quiet.
Babblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:16 AM   #439
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Work...Tamiya does sell that chassis, but You are better off getting it in hong Kong...the US market only sells the stick version of the carbon fibre chassis.

Also, Buy a Banzai motor(stock) fro Pit Stop..i have ran them for years and has never let me down!!! It is imported from the US..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tao4r.jpg (69.6 KB, 129 views)
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:58 AM   #440
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Actually the TA04R is a VERY competitive kit right outta the box...It can and will hang with the TC3s and XXX-S's and Mission's as long as the driver can

I've been running the 04R since August/September of last year and LOVE the car...It really isnt that much heavier than the TC3 or Losi...Actually with the new chassis it may weight the same and a comparitively equipped TC3/Losi

This is by far Tamiya's most competitive and "professional" machine that does not bear a TRF naming or be dubbed as "limited edition"

Old 04-10-2002, 10:21 AM   #441
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

On the 04, has Tamiya fixed the Slop problem they seem to have this problem with other kits
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 02:40 PM   #442
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

TAO4R=0 slop!!!
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 04:35 PM   #443
Tech Adept

The TAO4s are smooth... IMO smoother than TC3s.

They're quiet, but not as muted as an '04. The only sound you hear from an '04 down the back straight is the motor, followed shortly by the sonic boom.

Iso Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:31 PM   #444
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek
Smile

veri smoooth car,...
virtually almost every hop-ups tat u can think of r included...threaded spring shocks,sway bars to name a few...

the oni music tat u will hear when driving tis kit is the sound of the motor n as they mention,followed by the sonic boom.

jus need 2 get a few hop-ups,basically 2 change the stock plastic to aluminium,the steering arms,the 2 belt pulleys, the centre pulley n the centre 1-way pulley.
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 12:31 AM   #445
Tech Adept

Cool!!! Thanks a lot guys for your input. I'm happy to hear that it is a competitive car. I've read articles on it and was pretty impressed with 'em, but wanted to hear from fellow racers.

I have a MR4 SP and love that car, but wanted to pick up a TA04 as a second car.

Thanks again.

BTW, what about parts availability? One reason why I didn't pick up a Tamiya kit in the past was because they seem to fade out really quick since they release new cars often and then there is no parts support.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:07 AM   #446
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek
Smile

i dun know abt the parts support at ur place,but the parts support r excellent at where i am,...where am i?...well,...hmmm,...how do i put it,both malaysia n singapore.

the ta04r is definitely a buy tat i dun regret!!!
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 01:52 AM   #447
Tech Master

Denso,

I suppose you live in the city of Orange in Socal. There are tons of hobby shops in city of orange that stock Tamiya parts. You can still get a lot of parts from the hobby shops or ask them to order them. Tamiya's part availblity is always there. If you don't want to go to hobby shops and ask them for the parts or ordering parts for you. you can always get the part number and call TAmiya USA for it.

Also, towerhobbies is a good source for tamiya parts. Tamiya always keep up with good parts support with their old kits. Try Tamiya~. They are one of the best.
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 09:26 AM   #448
Tech Adept

Well yes I do live in the city of Orange and I know that the nearby hobby shops do carry parts. My concern was long term parts availability. For example, can you still get parts for a TA03 or even a TB Evolution? I dunno.

For example, I also have a RS4 Pro2. Even though the Pro 3 is out, I can still obtain parts for my Pro 2 because it shares a lot of parts between most of the RS4 line up of cars...like the Sport 2.

Thanks for the input though. Much appreciated.

BTW, going back to my original question about the competitiveness of the TA04. I should have specified if it makes a difference in Stock class which is primarily what I run. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:57 AM   #449
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Denso
Well yes I do live in the city of Orange and I know that the nearby hobby shops do carry parts. My concern was long term parts availability. For example, can you still get parts for a TA03 or even a TB Evolution? I dunno.

For example, I also have a RS4 Pro2. Even though the Pro 3 is out, I can still obtain parts for my Pro 2 because it shares a lot of parts between most of the RS4 line up of cars...like the Sport 2.

Thanks for the input though. Much appreciated.

I've only had my TA04 for a short time, so I don't know about future parts availability. If it makes any difference, I just ordered and received new rear gear case parts for my TA02 chassis and the "D" parts tree for my original (single friction shock front and rear) M-chassis. From what my LHS told me, most of the parts are still available from Tamiya.
I've been building and running Tamiya cars since the old Super Champ (20 years?) and know about the suspension slop mentioned. The TA04 has very minimal slop, no worst than any of the other high cars available.
Babblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 07:57 AM   #450
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Actually after far less track time, my XXX-S has much more slop than my 04-R.....My TC3 did too, even the FT one... The only car I have that has less slop is my Mission, but it's single pivot ball design lends it's self to the slop free suspension

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote