R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #1921
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut
where can i get the Tao4-sss??? any distributor here in the philippines???
After crawling around the web, I found this web site that might interest you.
I think there's no company sell it outside Japan.

Check this out....
http://active-hobby.com/2005/minifan/mf_0507.html

Take a look at the gallery and scroll down.. You'll see the chassis.
It's mini with 4WD (though they say 1/10). To my experience, it reminds me of HPI mini pro chassis... which is (I guess) discontinued by now.

The manufacturer is Active Hobby from Japan.. they also make bodies for Mini scale
rcmnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #1922
Tech Elite
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmnx
After crawling around the web, I found this web site that might interest you.
I think there's no company sell it outside Japan.

Check this out....
http://active-hobby.com/2005/minifan/mf_0507.html

Take a look at the gallery and scroll down.. You'll see the chassis.
It's mini with 4WD (though they say 1/10). To my experience, it reminds me of HPI mini pro chassis... which is (I guess) discontinued by now.

The manufacturer is Active Hobby from Japan.. they also make bodies for Mini scale

Its nice, but i still prefer the TAO4-sss
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #1923
Tech Fanatic
 
Aluma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edinburg TX
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

finally had a chance to try out the TA04R NSantana sent me today. I switched back to the tub and wow can this thing DRIFT! way better than the evo3 I have. I'm just having a bit of trouble withthe side/side packs. seems the bars are too big and dont let the battery sit properly. :P guess I gotta bust out the stick pack. Oh yeah....

anyone want to buy the top/bottom saddle pack chassis and posts it comes with? pm me.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #1924
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minijosh Send a message via Yahoo to minijosh
Default

That's a hot little ride from active hobby. I'm downloading one of the videos now just to check it out.
__________________
http://rccarparts.biz/

Joshua T
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #1925
Tech Elite
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluma
finally had a chance to try out the TA04R NSantana sent me today. I switched back to the tub and wow can this thing DRIFT! way better than the evo3 I have. I'm just having a bit of trouble withthe side/side packs. seems the bars are too big and dont let the battery sit properly. :P guess I gotta bust out the stick pack. Oh yeah....

anyone want to buy the top/bottom saddle pack chassis and posts it comes with? pm me.

Whats your settings in your tao4 drift???
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #1926
Tech Fanatic
 
Aluma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edinburg TX
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

havent' really checked, all I did was take out the droop screws, raise the ride height to about 6 or 7mm with the ABS tires on and went to it. It has the yellow springs/sways though all around using 19T motor at 120/34...its a little slow cuz I dont have any other pinions of that pitch.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #1927
Tech Fanatic
 
Aluma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edinburg TX
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hey guys, is tamiya's .4 pitch the same as 64pitch by robracing?
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #1928
Tech Elite
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluma
havent' really checked, all I did was take out the droop screws, raise the ride height to about 6 or 7mm with the ABS tires on and went to it. It has the yellow springs/sways though all around using 19T motor at 120/34...its a little slow cuz I dont have any other pinions of that pitch.

ok tnx how about the Shock location???
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #1929
Tech Fanatic
 
Aluma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edinburg TX
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

front upper out lower out
rear upper in all the way, lower out....
looks to have more rear camber than the front...

really nice to do pendulum turns with, just let go throttle, turn, full throttle and away it goes...smooth.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #1930
Tech Elite
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluma
front upper out lower out
rear upper in all the way, lower out....
looks to have more rear camber than the front...

really nice to do pendulum turns with, just let go throttle, turn, full throttle and away it goes...smooth.

COPY TNX
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #1931
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 224
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default For Sale TA04R/NTC3

For Sale!
Edgarski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #1932
Tech Elite
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Is this tread dead??? Any topic here regarding TAo4????
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #1933
Tech Elite
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Is this tread a ghost town?? Wheres the peeps here???
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #1934
Tech Elite
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

They all sem to have migrated over to the TA05 thread. Sad...these are such great cars
__________________
I've never lost.
I've just been a little bit behind when time ran out...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #1935
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

I still have my tao4-trf and still love the car... just worried to crash it... since part support is becoming difficult and expensive
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TITC 2006 - Woohoo! :D Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 13 02-23-2006 07:48 AM
TA04R for sale sdd6131 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-11-2005 06:12 PM
Tamiya Ta04r superk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-15-2003 10:09 AM
TA04R minicooper R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 06-24-2003 04:53 PM
ta04r f/s drool monkey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-27-2002 08:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net