Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you all for the imput. Now I'll know what to look for.

Paul
Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I just pickup a TA04, and I wanted to know what gear ratio I should be running with a Revolution 7x1 mod motor?

I installed 64 pitch 96 tooth spur, just need a ballpark to start with, will be running in a medium size asphalt track.

Also, will there be any issue with the drivetrain using a 7x1 mod?

Thanks ahead for your help.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

help me guys with this..

i have 11t tamiya super modified motor.. im using ta04pro.

i wanna get full top speed of the motor.. meaning our strech in our race track are about 40-50 meters.. i want the motor to be in its full speed when i hit the full throtle.. (i mean the track is short for my gearings, i followed the recommended gearings for the the 11t super modified motor for tao4 120t spur & 39t pinion) the gearings is good for high speed tracks but for technical tracks is not.. i want my car gets the full speed of motor in 20meters of our strech. not about 40 when it reaches top speed..

what gear should i use..?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any of you TA04/TA04R lovers out there who are looking for a complete set of the most necessary hop-up parts,here's your chance: Center 1-way, 53441 Front stabilizer set, 53506 Lightweight rear swing shafts, 53480 Lightweight diff joint set, 53460 Carbon Damper Stay Front, 53461 Carbon Damper Stay Rear, and Complete Front one-way.

Everything is new in the package except the center one-way (this is the one with the new black layshaft) which is assembled but has never been used, and the front one-way, which is assembled and has been used a few times. Total value at today's street price- assuming you can actually find all of this stuff in one place- is $140. Yours for $110 shipped in the USA, international shipping at actual cost. Prefer no trades and to sell as a complete package.

This is also cross-posted in the For Sale section, but thought I'd put it up here too, as not everyone goes there that often.

Best way to reply is via e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks!
Doc
Old 01-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What is this??

I got it in a trade and was told it was an un-run TA04R that had hop-ups out of the box?? Is it any good?? and if so, can someone send me pics of the side pack application (i couldn't see the pics) thanks in advance

Old 01-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well, check to see if it has universals...the 04r came with universals not dogbones. Tamiya should have specs on the 04R online. Thought that bottom deck, I dont think I've seen before.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

That appears to be a TA04R. The R came with ball diffs front and back, aluminum motor mount, TRF shocks, carbon fiber spur gear plate, torque rods, colors stabilizers, low friction belts, Carbon Fiber top deck and a tub chassis.

It appears that you may have the optional carbon fiber saddle pack chassis.

I had two R's myself and one of my cars had the saddle pack chassis on it. The other had the standard chassis which supported the stick pack or side by side batteries.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Default What is that?

Yeah, that looks like a legit TA04R with the optional saddle chassis alright. I had a car like that once. But went back to the tub chassis to run TCS. The tub was side by side and it was good. There is a woven carbon fiber chassis (as found on the TRF tuned kits) for side by side or stick packs but it was no good. There was no battery cutouts so the CG sat high. As for this saddle chassis, it's great! Although it's a dated design, the chassis still has a lot of potential. What do you mean by side pack application?
Old 01-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dayten
That appears to be a TA04R. The R came with ball diffs front and back, aluminum motor mount, TRF shocks, carbon fiber spur gear plate, torque rods, colors stabilizers, low friction belts, Carbon Fiber top deck and a tub chassis.

It appears that you may have the optional carbon fiber saddle pack chassis.

I had two R's myself and one of my cars had the saddle pack chassis on it. The other had the standard chassis which supported the stick pack or side by side batteries.

its a TAO4-R with optional lower chasis. Its originally equipt with carbon fiber tub chasis
Old 01-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

My friend used X-ray touring car battery holdfer to fit side by side batts, any other sugestion that much better than this???
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default TA04TRF

I hope I'm not out of line but I wanted to let those of you who love the TA04 series of cars that I've got the last and what I think is the nicest version of the series, the TA04TRF, for sale. I'm listing it on the Buy and Sell. I used it for one TCS indoor race day with a tub chassis so the lower SSG chassis has no use on it.

This is a beautiful car with all the SSG parts. I've added blue aluminum turnbuckles for the chamber links and I've added an aluminum steering linkage. The car already comes with all the good stuff including the metal suspension blocks, front light weigh one way, center one way and I'll include an extra metal ball diff. The car has the 'worlds style' front sway bar kit aswell.

Email me for pictures. The car is SUPER MINT and is currently sitting on the shelf as a display piece. I've got the original box and manual and I'll include the tub chassis if you ever want to convert it to the ultimate GT3 car. The one day I raced it, I came in 2nd A main. The car is great. I've got to make room since I just picked up a TA05 and a 415MSX.

thanks,

Fazal
Old 02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

hey tao4 guys

I got questions, what is the purpose of the links from upperdeck(front) going to the front C-hub??? Just like the pics above.(see Previous post of Nsantana)
Old 02-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NSantana
What is this??

I got it in a trade and was told it was an un-run TA04R that had hop-ups out of the box?? Is it any good?? and if so, can someone send me pics of the side pack application (i couldn't see the pics) thanks in advance....
Nice pict. You've got a limited ed. of TA04R lower and upperdeck item (52001). Saddle pack. Usually, the lower deck can only use stickpack (either black or silver graphite). Other parts are standard TA04r parts.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Well,

Congrats to Aluma then....traded Aluma for a team tc4....and thanks for all of the info :-)
Old 02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

neato huh! It'll be my first "belt" car! so CAN anyone recommend a good setup with the tub chassis? I dont have any split batt packs so it'll be replaced. I run on a small, bumpy, dusty, tight track with a 90ft straight...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.