Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Echo mottors/ GM brushes

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Echo mottors/ GM brushes

HI I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get ECHO mod mottors. I have one that a friend gave me, he says he bought it in hk a long time ago. The mottor I have is a echo mdx touring sp,
It is old the can is black and the only marking on it is japan, the amrature is alunium (in the center) where as new mottors have delrin (look under the wires) and the end bell is black and sliver and very plain looking. I ran this mottor at a trohpey race this weekend, and it was balistic, faster than any kr,Ti,or revoulition I have ever ran.

I was also using some brushes that were given to me by x-gm team driver, they are double shunt and they come in 3% and 15% silver I was using the 3% in my ti and noticed huge power gains, I dont have the part number but does any one know where I can get gm mottor products?

It seems that some of the realy old team driver stuff is still faster than stuff off the shelf today, it makes you wonder why companies stopped/ or never even started selling these products.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:16 AM
SBH
Tech Rookie

Hi Patterson

You can visit the homepage of GM here
www.gm-racing.de -- Contact Ralf Helbing

The brushes You have tried are either Racing brushes (20-30 packs), Team brushes (5-10 packs) or Champion brushes (1-3 packs). - They all look the same, with two cobber shunts.

GM products are really good and cheap, but GM don't spend a lot of money on advertising, and that makes it hard to sell a lot of products.

I hope this could help You

Sincerely
Soeren Boy Holst
Denmark
www.brc-racing.dk
Old 10-21-2004, 06:23 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

GM has come out with a new silver brush just like CS and LRP.
but GM offers three different types, just like SBH said.