Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it? >

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Left Front Tire
I'm assuming this information correlates to all types of cars, assuming they have 4 wheel independant suspension?
Hi,

Yes, the basic concepts apply to any 4 wheel independent suspension, but offroad does have some unique elements to it for sure.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Porting the app to windows desktop is not hard, however I have not found an online market place that would allow me to sell my app for windows and also prevent copying of it, like the app store does for the iphone/ipad etc. I am looking into building my own solution to provide method of preventing the copying, but it will take time and effort to build it. So the short answer is, not in the short term, but hopefully eventually I will be able to provide it as a windows app. In fact I have already ported the actual app to Windows desktop and the MacOS desktop, it is the whole commerce transaction and preventing copying that I need to figure out next. I know when I wrote my book 10 years ago I originally sold it as a pdf file, and it was very quickly copied. In fact I caught someone trying to sell 5 copies of it on ebay. So I hope you understand why I need to figure out a solution to prevent copying.

no problem...feel free to ask me more questions

Cheers
you could try the steam method of distribution. I don't think the answer lies in trying to prevent copying (All DRM is doing is giving the crackers a challenge and saddling the legitimate users with unnecessary restrictions), but rather entice people to buy it. Gabe Newell (VALVe CEO) seems to have found a good solution to the whole dilemma. Try getting in contact with him and see what he says.

Last edited by Sabin; 08-20-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TCS FINALS IN ALISO VIEJO

Hey Max....thanks for the offer....when is the race? I think I am on vacation with my wife at that time, but not sure.

Cheers.
Martin,
The race is August 27 and 28th, Saturday and Sunday but the track will be open for practice Thurs. and Friday Aug. 25 and 26th. The offer still stands, I have a K.O. controller 2.4 system. KO receiver and Servo. Using LRP ESC with Johnson Silvercan and a ThunderPower 5300 65C battery. I know that's a little overkill for a battery but it will probably be an 8 minute mains and at least 6 min. heads up qualifiers depending on the rules Fred will allow.
We just had 2 fun races last few weeks and I finished 2nd and 3rd in FF-03 should have done better if my motor didn't over heat and I was running a fan directly facing the endbell, not sure why but gearing probably was a little off .
I think Rod Canare and Bruce Hickman are the two to beat in that class both past Champions in their own right! Hope to hear from you soon!
Max Valles
Old 08-19-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxepower
Martin,
The race is August 27 and 28th, Saturday and Sunday but the track will be open for practice Thurs. and Friday Aug. 25 and 26th. The offer still stands, I have a K.O. controller 2.4 system. KO receiver and Servo. Using LRP ESC with Johnson Silvercan and a ThunderPower 5300 65C battery. I know that's a little overkill for a battery but it will probably be an 8 minute mains and at least 6 min. heads up qualifiers depending on the rules Fred will allow.
We just had 2 fun races last few weeks and I finished 2nd and 3rd in FF-03 should have done better if my motor didn't over heat and I was running a fan directly facing the endbell, not sure why but gearing probably was a little off .
I think Rod Canare and Bruce Hickman are the two to beat in that class both past Champions in their own right! Hope to hear from you soon!
Max Valles
Thanks for the offer, but I just signed up for the IIC race and booked flights, so I can't afford to go to this past chumps race I always loved that race, racing against the past chumps....a very fun and relaxing race.

Cheers.
M
Old 08-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I made the decision to buy this app for my LG Shine Plus, on android 2.1 and I get a message that it is not compatible. Not sure why, but I guess its a lost sale for you..
Old 08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaxRain
I made the decision to buy this app for my LG Shine Plus, on android 2.1 and I get a message that it is not compatible. Not sure why, but I guess its a lost sale for you..
The really bad thing about support Android, is there are a tone of different screen resolutions. I have built the app to support devices with a screen size not less than 320px by 480px, whereas the LG Shine is 320px by 240px, which is the reason why it is not supported. I had another potential customer that purchased an android device with a 240px by 320px screen as well and ran into the same issue. I really think that putting the app on a screen size too small makes it too hard to read, which is why I choose the size of 320x480. If there is enough interest in supporting 320px by 240px screens then let me know on this forum. I don't want to support anything less than 320px wide as I think that is the min width required to make the app easily readable.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Do you want a Mac OS Version of this app?

There has been some requests for a desktop/laptop version of my app, but it seems the majority of the requests have come from windows users, which is currently a challenge for me in terms of having a marketplace to sell the app. Having said that, I could invest in creating a MAC OSX version of the app if there is enough demand for it and sell it on the mac app store.

Let me know by responding to this if you want a MAC OSX version.

Thank you.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Support for Additional Android Devices

Hi,

I have had a couple of people tell me they could not download the app to their device, as their device was not supported by my app. I have significantly increased the number of android devices that should now be supported, including devices with smaller screen resolutions such as 240x320 on the LG model#LGC555. Also some of the newer high density screens on devices like the Samsung S II should now be supported.

Cheers
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

There has been some requests for a desktop/laptop version of my app, but it seems the majority of the requests have come from windows users, which is currently a challenge for me in terms of having a marketplace to sell the app. Having said that, I could invest in creating a MAC OSX version of the app if there is enough demand for it and sell it on the mac app store.

Thank you.
Offer it through the Chrome app store, will work on all OSs that matter.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Question..... I updated Setup Workbench on my T-Mobile G2 today and now the app goes into a 'force close' every time. I tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck. Just trying to figure out if it is my phone or something with the app. Only thing I haven't tried is a full phone reset.

Nevermind I cleared history, cache, cookies, passwords, and whatever else and re-installed SW, it works now. Don't know if they were connected but I'm up and running again...and happy.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

+1 for iPad support.

Otherwise seems like a great app. Just need to become familiar with some of the terms I am used to over and under steer for example.....
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Question..... I updated Setup Workbench on my T-Mobile G2 today and now the app goes into a 'force close' every time. I tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck. Just trying to figure out if it is my phone or something with the app. Only thing I haven't tried is a full phone reset.

Nevermind I cleared history, cache, cookies, passwords, and whatever else and re-installed SW, it works now. Don't know if they were connected but I'm up and running again...and happy.
It might be related to a bad version (1.09) I put up on the Android market today for about an hour. Surprisingly the Android site would not let me go back to an older version, so I quickly had to figure out what was causing the crashes, which I managed to do. Version 1.10 of the app is now up on the site and does not go into the forced close mode like version 1.09 did. Just make sure you have version 1.10 installed.

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Offer it through the Chrome app store, will work on all OSs that matter.
I would like to do that, however the Chrome Store does not currently support the ability to sell apps. They only have free "web apps" as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by gimpex
+1 for iPad support.

Otherwise seems like a great app. Just need to become familiar with some of the terms I am used to over and under steer for example.....
It does run on iPad already. Did you mean MAC OSX?

Cheers.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaxRain
I think I am beginning to hate the Android phones there are just too many versions to support I currently support 605 different Android devices.

The typical reason for a specific phone not being supported is a combination of its screen resolution and screen density. I will see what I can do to support your phone. I just added support for a few other phones today. I will look into yours as well.

Cheers.
Martin.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Thank you.
Windows it is
Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks Martin, great app.

I just wanted to thank Martin for his help. I purchased a smartphone with the intent of loading setup workbench on it. The screen size was originally too small on my new phone. I contacted Martin and he resolved the problem for me by offering a smaller screen resolution, and now the app works great on my phone.
I am very happy with the new app and I think it will definitely help me understand the principles of setting up a car.

Thanks again
John Sceviour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.