Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mini-z and x-mod owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default mini-z and x-mod owners

on a scale from 0-10 where do xmods and mini-z's rank on, out of the box proformance?
Old 10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The mini z's are top notch, they have everything ready to go and you only need batteries to get going and the batteries last. My batteries last 30- 45 minutes depending on what motor I am using. Now for the performance of the Xmods. I think of them as toy level cars not hobby level car. Here is my opinion about them. The Mini Z's are twise the speed (stock) out the box. The Xmods after most of there hop ups are still slower than a Mini Z with a Bearing upgrade. Now for cost verses quality then I will tell you that Mini Z's are costly but worth the extra cost, especialy since the MR-01s are now only $99.00. I have a Mr-01 with the bearing upgrade and the X-speed motor upgrade and it is very competitive little bugger. I also have a fully upgraded MR-01 with the ESC upgradede and a pro tuned motor that can push 30mph. Now I have yet to see a Xmod do that.....That is why Xmods are sold at Radio Shack and not Hobby Shops. These are just a few point to why Xmods are toys and Z's are little rocket cars.
Hope this doesn't wrinkle any feathers.
Stephen <><
Old 10-19-2004, 03:49 PM
TNB
Tech Adept

This thread may look familiar.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=51794
Old 10-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

i'm just afraid that i'm gonna pay 100 bucks and get a car thats cheesy like an xmod, put you laid it all out very well, tnb yes very similar but far diffrent i have not a question but a open post to hear people opoinions so i can come up with a more deffinate dessishion
Old 10-19-2004, 03:55 PM
TNB
Tech Adept

If you were here on my track, I would probably just let you drive an Xmod with all the option parts, a stock Iwaver, a stock MR01, a modified MR01, a stock MR02, and a modified MR02. You would probably perfer the MR02 of any of them. Then the next difficult choice would be an MR02 or an F1.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TNB
If you were here on my track, I would probably just let you drive an Xmod with all the option parts, a stock Iwaver, a stock MR01, a modified MR01, a stock MR02, and a modified MR02. You would probably perfer the MR02 of any of them. Then the next difficult choice would be an MR02 or an F1.

AMEN
if you have the cash the MR-02 is great and then the inevitable purchase of the F1....one awsome car.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

i'm pretty sure i will be buying that mr01 simply because its the cheapest, and i plan on getting some of the nice batts from atomic mods
Old 10-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

click here look at the 27th pic on that page, my question is, if those so wire touch at the place where their soldered wont it fry something?, and is a miniz like a xmod in the problem that you will fry your inductors or whatever if you touch the antenna to the battery?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm brand new to small scale so my opinion is only based on first impressions of absolutely stock cars.
I bought an Xmod first and I was greatly disappointed. Compared to any 1/10 scale the construction was cheap and has a terrible amount of slop. I made the mistake of buying many of the hop ups thinking it might help. I was wrong. These cars are toy's at best.

I just got my MR01 mini z yesterday and what a difference !! The car felt solid in my hand, there was no slop and the chassis layout was much easier to work with. Even the radio didn't feel like it was just a basic radio. Out of the box performance is SO much better. I was stunned just how much difference there was between these 2 cars.

I hope my experience will help a fellow newbie. I like the Z so much I ordered a new MR02 version and I've purchased a Kawada tripmate which is supposedly even better in some way's. Small scale rocks and I'm having a ball finding all these companies that make parts for them.

Good Luck. Let us know how you did.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kh15
click here look at the 27th pic on that page, my question is, if those so wire touch at the place where their soldered wont it fry something?, and is a miniz like a xmod in the problem that you will fry your inductors or whatever if you touch the antenna to the battery?
any body know about that?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

I have had many a Z and I have not had to do that....I wouldn't

Stephen <><