R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Exceed RC Discussion

Is there a reason why these Built RTR RC's are so cheap compared to the Tamiya TB-03 and TT-01?

The 1/10 Exceed RC Brushless PRO 2.4Ghz Electric Champion RTR Racing Car Fire Blue is 170 USD and it comes with everything. Why aren't more people buying it as much as the Tamiya's I mentioned?
Wavey_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tamiya is one of the most well known RC companies where as Exceed... well it's just not. Exceed makes great stuff if you want a budget car or basher but the only place you can get parts for them is nitrorcx.com. There may be one or two other places you can get parts but that's really it. All in all I think Exceed is pretty good stuff and I have been impressed with their stuff given the price. Those Tamiya's you mention have been around for a long time and everyone and their mother carries parts for them so they have become extremely popular. Are you planning on buying one?
JJBTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Well I was planning on getting TB-03, Buy brushless motor nd esc upgrade to 2.4 ghz radio...Get tires and wheels, get new body, add turn signals and carbon fiber body .... which is a veryyyy high price compared to that Exceed which has the brushless motor, and the 2.4ghz radio
Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

IDK, I don't know how to do most of those things and I can't seem to find anyone in rl or online to do it for me...(Not to sound lazy but I just don't wanna spend so much cash on my car and I mess up)
Old 07-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Wow that is expensive but it also sounds like looks are important to you which is completely understandable. If the looks are that important get the tamiya as the upgrade parts are readily available and easy to get. You can get a budget brushless system that will be just as good as what comes with the Exceed or you can get better.

Budget ESC
Budget Motor
Transmitter/Receiver combo - this Tx/Rx combo it simply the FlySky GT3B with HobbyKing's logo on it.

If your worried about damage you can do two things. 1). Buy another body for driving/bashing. 2). Just get the Exceed and not worry about it. The only other issue is I've never actually seen the Exceed Brushless Champion in stock. I know they get them obviously but everytime i look they are sold out. In that case you could buy a Drift Star which is exactly the same except with different wheels/tires/body or the Drift King which runs a different chassis but with regular on-road tires you be like any other entry level on-road car
Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Tech Regular

I have the exceed madspeed and love it.For the price you can't beat it even with all the carbonfiber parts i bought for it it's still cheaper then the tamiya.I had the tamiya and i did not like it at all maybe there belt cars are good but the shaft one i had needed to many hop ups.Looking at the madspeed it looks like other brand arms and knuckles will fit.Also i like the fact it comes with ball diffs and the adapter for the spure gear.
bosco72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

exceed putty is dialed.

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Well, confused now... If that's the Case, I would like to find the top-of the line Exceed RC On Road Electric RTR Car then. When I say top-of-the-line, I mean:
Performance, durability, reliability, speed, drift action, best parts and everything that makes a "good rc car". Then Ill make my decision on which one I want...
Old 07-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavey_King View Post
Well, confused now... If that's the Case, I would like to find the top-of the line Exceed RC On Road Electric RTR Car then. When I say top-of-the-line, I mean:
Performance, durability, reliability, speed, drift action, best parts and everything that makes a "good rc car". Then Ill make my decision on which one I want...
The Mad speed is the Drift King. You'll need different tires as drift tires and street tires are not the same.

Bottom line just get this and two of these
Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Ya but what about aluminum parts and carbon fiber chassis...How would that work...and servo, gyro, led light system, and lipo battery and charger?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
exceed putty is dialed.
What do you mean by "dialed" and "putty"?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
Tech Regular

im talking to nitro to make a full carbonfiber chassis.All they make is the top plate,shock towers,bumper,battery strap and front & rear chassis.i have all of the carbon parts also i bought there threaded shocks that are nice and swaybars.
Attached Thumbnails
Exceed RC Discussion-madspeed-hooked-002.jpg  
Old 07-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavey_King View Post
What do you mean by "dialed" and "putty"?
He means their putty is good.

Exceed is know more for their tools, tires, oils and accessories than they are competitive vehicles.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

TY for help guys, I appreciate it. Now, any answers to my other questions: Lipo Battery and Charger, and led light system... and i;m gonna want a faster Motor somewhere down the line.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #15
Tech Regular

go to hobbypartz and get some gen ace lipos make shure u get the hard case with the wires on the top of the battery not side.