Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
upgrading tt-01 motor >

upgrading tt-01 motor

upgrading tt-01 motor

Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default upgrading tt-01 motor

Hey guys.

I'm new to the forums and this will be my first post. Anyways I have a tt-01 that I want to upgrade to go faster. I'm not going to track it or anything like that, Just want it to go faster. After looking around the forums for suggestions, I found out it'd be best not to upgrade to the strongest motor, but one that isn't going to wreck the gears. So.. I chose the motor Novak Havoc 1-10 Spec Brushless System 17.5 NVK3035, which comes with the ESc (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't want to get in the business of changing the gears or that kind of stuff. Do you guys think the motor I chose is compatible with the stock tt-01? if there are any other motors or any other parts that you guys think will be better, please lmk.

Btw, what is lipo? I hear all these new terms that I'm not aware of... gotta get used to it... I am just running Nihm batteries with the stock motor and it lasts really short.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I ran my tt01 with a 5.5 brushless system and 2s lipo and had no problems but im sure a few people on hear wouldnt recommend it! I did upgrade the driveshaft and swapped all the bushings for ball bearings both of which dont cost very much
Old 07-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jammin23
I ran my tt01 with a 5.5 brushless system and 2s lipo and had no problems but im sure a few people on hear wouldnt recommend it! I did upgrade the driveshaft and swapped all the bushings for ball bearings both of which dont cost very much
wow, 5.5? ... I'm running a 10T and I personally thought that's was a bit too much for the tt01 to handle, but it could also be the balance of my car I guess if your running 5.5 perfectly fine.

mkim11, definitely recommend you upgrade the plastic bearing to metal ones as suggested - a bag on ebay is usually £10-£20 depending on quality - you;ll get a much smoother ride and increase in speed as there is less friction.

If you decide to go with a brushless motor certainly get LiPo batteries, NiMh just didn't do the job for my brushless motor, it couldn't sustain the current needed.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

i wouldnt say i had it 100% under control but thats more to do with my driving skill lol! And yes defo upgrade to lipo my brushless would just sit there cogging on my old nihm batts theres some great deals out here on them and even the chargers are not to expensive ive got a Turnigy Accucel-6 for only 30 quid on ebay and it charge your nihm batts aswell jut search it on ebay!