Hello guys! I bought my sxx tc spec v2 about a month ago and i've only run it 5 times, but yesterday as I connected my battery it just puffed. I didn't connect the battery again because I thaught that the problem would get worse. So today I went to my LRP dealer with the car and the controller on it as it was. He said it is possible and it happens. Then he connected a battery to the controller and it worked
. So he said he cannot send it to LRP as it works and i should drive it till it does not work. Also adviced me to open the controller and spray it with WD40 to remove probable dust which may have caused the defect.
Tonight I opened the speedo and I saw good quantity of dust in it. I was not realy expecting it to be so durty inside. The second thing i noticed was an SMD resistor or capacitor which was completely blown. So guys what do i do now? The controller is not in perfect health that's obvious (see the pictures). Do I force my dealer to change the speedo or i run it till it is completely blown?
Cheers and thaks for your advices!
Here you can see the board from the bottom. On the left in the center of the board is the blown smd element.
The cover molten from the smd element.
The upper part of the speedo full of dust. Is it normal for this high class speedo to let so much dust in its box