Search

Charging Thunderpower 65C LiPos

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Charging Thunderpower 65C LiPos

Hi All,
So I had a pair of Thunder Power 65C 3S LiPos given to me. I bought a Thunder Power TP-535 charger to charge them. When I went to hook them up, the data cable coming from the LiPo is a 4-pin and the data in on the charger is a 3-pin. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You need to make a connector that fits on both ends. I personally like deans, unless you are talking about the balance connector then you need a specific balance plate. Pictures would help also.

Originally Posted by phokur
Hi All,
So I had a pair of Thunder Power 65C 3S LiPos given to me. I bought a Thunder Power TP-535 charger to charge them. When I went to hook them up, the data cable coming from the LiPo is a 4-pin and the data in on the charger is a 3-pin. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Hi All,
Thanks in advance!
The 535 charger, charges through the main power wires of the battery. This charger does not have a balancer, therefor it has a data port which you can hook a thunder power stand alone balancer up to.

The data cable comes with the balancer I believe.

Hope this helps.

Kyle Bergstrom
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You need a stand alone balancer: tp-205 or tp-210.......Do not charge without tp a balancer !!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies! I just bought a tp-205v to balance for my tp-535. I had no idea it didn't balance. Do I need any kind of special cables for interfacing the two?
Thanks!

Edit: I seriously cannot find the right data cable. My charger did not come with one and all I see online is it should have come with one. Does the 1010C cable work?

Last edited by phokur; 07-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies! I just bought a tp-205v to balance for my tp-535. I had no idea it didn't balance. Do I need any kind of special cables for interfacing the two?
Thanks!

Edit: I seriously cannot find the right data cable. My charger did not come with one and all I see online is it should have come with one. Does the 1010C cable work?
Part number DLC-250A Data link cable

The 210 balancer has been discontinued with the 1010c charger so most don't need this anymore.

Try aero-model.com We carry almost all items from thunder power and I think we have this in stock. You can give me a call tomorrow if you want to check if we do.480-726-7519

Kyle Bergstrom