R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Real R O C races?

Just thought I'd broach the subject of who's the best driver?

I may be way off base here and I'm sure if I am one of you gentlemen will set me straight. I am just curious about a few things and thought this might be the place to get some answers or at least some input into my thoughts on the subject.

ROC - Race Of Champions - Reedy race - or as far as I can tell has been for a long time - but it is not like the NASCAR ROC. Why?

How about a real R/C ROC? Invitational Race. Trinity could sponser it. Using factory prepped cars (boxed T-SPEC's - box to be opened on day of race) - Radio's - well most all major brands offer a radio/servo/esc version - (Airtronics - Futaba - Hitec) so let the radio sponsor provide them - handout motors - keep it Reedy(identical - equal turns) - same with batteries - all identical - charged identically.

OK Drivers - Since it would be an invitational race - they will all be qualified! So let's get right to the mains! Three main format (A-B-C) and then a top ten in a ROC final.

When its over we'll know who IS the best DRIVER. Not who had the best - or most money - or secret stuff - preproduction parts - but who could take an off the shelf car and win with it.

Auction the cars off after the race for charity.

Sounds like a great event to me. Probably being done already somewhere - right?
hilbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:02 AM   #2
Tech Adept

sounds like a good idea, except for one thing. not all hand out motors are equal and same with the cells, this can create unfair advantage/disadvantage to certain drivers.
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 02:34 AM   #3
Tech Adept

We'll they could run 3 races and swap cars/motors/batteries for each race. Than should take care of any unfair advantage.
Lano is offline   Reply With Quote