Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belt or shaft

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

the TC3 or the EVO2 are both good cars but they also put another force on the car in a side bias to the direction the chaft is spinning. and that takes away the simple perfect balance. sure they car be efficient but the way a shaft car loads and un loads into a corner doesnt hit the car till the middle of the corner, where as the belted car will dive into the corner better because the drag of the motor will slow the car down the center line. so they will handle differently that way as well. I personally like belts better.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

the motor spins the opposite way that the shaft does, thus getting rid of torque steering.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanx everyone for the advice.... getting a lot of feedback for the 2 cars.

each has its own good points and bad points. i yet to drive a bely car, so i dun know how it feels. ask my frens and those in the forum who have driven both, they will recommend the belt car.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

also, most of the high end cars are belt driven......look at TRF414M, Xray etc....all belt driven....

Shaft only well known are TC3 which is a great success, followed by tamiya's own evo1 & 2.

how abt parts replacements option for the 2 cars, is it easily available to get???

Thanx
Old 05-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

maybe they come up with a blue edition Evo2 or evo3, that wil be nice. heard that the unbalance nature of shaft has been balanced in evo2. is it??

also in straights, is shaft to be faster than belt?

the other thing is many champions using belts. seldom heard winner using shafts.....sorry if i offended those using shafts. i myself also using shafts.

both the 2 cars are not cheap, so must make a careful choice. dun want to regret buying after that and then sell out as 2nd hand cars.

meanwhile, i welcome critism and advantages of the 2 cars.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:47 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Avink1
A belt car won the worlds, something to think about.
10% car and 90% driver won the Worlds!!!!
I'm sure all the 414M2 in this world haven't suddenly become faster just because it won the Worlds........ Think about that!!!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies rc guys, and more power to rc electric on road racing.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

dtm:

u say 10%car, 90% driver win the title? then why is it that most of the world champ drives top end cars??? there must be a reasons for that rite....let's say give them a TL01 or TB01, can they claim world title if the 1st runner up use 414M2??

maybe got to see it to believe that.

anyway, i believe they have the skills to do so.....

maybe my skills not gd, so have to use a high end car to cover up
Old 05-20-2002, 10:51 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71
dtm:

u say 10%car, 90% driver win the title? then why is it that most of the world champ drives top end cars??? there must be a reasons for that rite....let's say give them a TL01 or TB01, can they claim world title if the 1st runner up use 414M2??

maybe got to see it to believe that.

anyway, i believe they have the skills to do so.....

maybe my skills not gd, so have to use a high end car to cover up
I assure you..high end car will never cover up any skill deficiencies......(I've been trying for years!! ). They may even amplify tuning deficiences!! (see Xray!!)

Go back a couple of years and see what Tamiya car Dave Jun was using to win, when everyone else was saying Tamiya is a 'Mickey Mouse car'! You have already seen it being done!!

If I was sponsored and had my cars given to me why would I NOT drive an expensive (top end) car!!! hey it still makes up 10% right!!!

My point is that whether a car is good or bad is not governed by whether it is belt or shaft driven or by how many races (other poeple driving it) have won. Concentrate on your driving skills and don't follow the 'flavour of the month'!!! I have many 'flavours' stored in my cupboard right now!!
Old 05-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

ice..
you should not think this way.
you should actually get a car that u feel comfortable with
in term of driving and setup
just because you think that you skill is not good and u want to get a high end car to cover up. that is not the way.In fact it might make you worse....
Did you know that last yr. AK and his team were using TbEVO??
and they top the table as well
Ask any of rooster guys.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Jack:

i tot the rooster are using TA04R???

maybe u are rite. i shall get a car i am happy with so that i will drive it well. A414M2 given to me maybe wasted or has its name damaged if i do not drive well.

as what dtm had said, i am one way trying to cover the 10% missing in me. the other reason why i getting a new car cos my TB01 has aged, the damper stay cracked and there is not carbon damper for it. my fren recommend me buy a new car as those worn out parts may cost more to replace. currently i dun know what to buy. so may just stick to that car to race. also i am trying to prove that 90%. not necessary a gd car will win the table in a race. see how it goes. thanx everyone for the advice. got a lot of gd ones through this forum...

think i saying too much in the forum...see my name everywhere in the forum.hee hee:
Old 05-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

hahha last time they are using EVO, now they change to 04R, cause the EVO need to retire
Old 05-21-2002, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I believe belt and shaft driven cars are both okei, but we should not forget that both cars depend on the driver.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:22 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71
Jack:

i tot the rooster are using TA04R???

maybe u are rite. i shall get a car i am happy with so that i will drive it well. A414M2 given to me maybe wasted or has its name damaged if i do not drive well.

as what dtm had said, i am one way trying to cover the 10% missing in me. the other reason why i getting a new car cos my TB01 has aged, the damper stay cracked and there is not carbon damper for it. my fren recommend me buy a new car as those worn out parts may cost more to replace. currently i dun know what to buy. so may just stick to that car to race. also i am trying to prove that 90%. not necessary a gd car will win the table in a race. see how it goes. thanx everyone for the advice. got a lot of gd ones through this forum...

think i saying too much in the forum...see my name everywhere in the forum.hee hee:
Good luck with the new car selection!

To add another factor into the equation......you also have your old 'used' car to sell to balance the books......this is usually a fairly key factor too!!
Old 05-21-2002, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

DTM: You're from H.Kong? Can I ask what hobby shop sells 414m2 for the lowest price and what address? and if you know, how much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.