Search

question about Victor Engineering chargers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 01:08 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default question about Victor Engineering chargers

Anybody knows whatīs the difference on the Victor IQ chargers? I could get a Hi-IQ Sr. and a Super-IQ. Which one is better?
Already searched on the net but canīt find very much informations.
Thank you.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe the company is out of business, so I would be leery about buying something that will be tough to get service on, unless you are getting an amazing deal....if not, just grab a GFX, easily the best charger out there.

Later EddieO
Old 12-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

gil tyre (spelling?), who made these works for Novak now.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Mag
Tech Initiate

OK, differences between a HI-IQ and a SuperIQ....

The Super can charge NiMh because it has a charging method called "Voltage Pull" whereby you can set the peak voltage down to a single mV. (Note; You set the PEAK SIZE for the WHOLE package regardless for how many cells there is in the package.)
The Super can be upgraded more easily to an IQ3000 (last version) by just changing the prom. The Super has a mAh limit of 3000 (means the charge will stop at 3000mAh and ask you if there is something wrong with the battery...). That limit can be cancelled during charge by pressing 2 buttons. On the IQ3000 software that limit is 4000mAh.

The HIIQ can also be upgraded to a IQ3000, but is a lot more work (several mods to the motherboard, changing components etc).
Old 10-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

the old hi-iqsr has also a function called voltage push,where you can set the peak drop.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Please.... V12 save your money for something else. Victor Engineering company is no more....... and if your Victor charger need repair, No electrician is able able to help you because all the component inside such as IC number, Fet ratings, have been marked OFF.

I have the VE Super IQ, and the marking on all IC have been removed by Victor perhaps to protect its copyright.

About voltage pull, voltage push, delta peak, delta push, or whatever...... it's over now..... it's obsolete, because today batteries such as Ni-MH need less maintenance and don't get memory effect.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Yea, it's too bad that there not made anymore. I believe that they were way ahead of their time. They had some features that todays chargers don't have. Oh well.....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Mag
Tech Initiate

Well, actually "voltage pull, voltage push etc" is all and the same and you still use it today with NiMh and it's even more important with them since the delta peak is much smaller than it was with NiCd. Unless you just use straight temp charging. And they actually need even more maintenance and care than NiCd.
I missed that about the Sr. I have a pic with the components if anyone is interested.

Magnus
Old 10-14-2004, 01:42 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by asw7576
Please.... V12 save your money for something else. Victor Engineering company is no more....... and if your Victor charger need repair, No electrician is able able to help you because all the component inside such as IC number, Fet ratings, have been marked OFF.

I have the VE Super IQ, and the marking on all IC have been removed by Victor perhaps to protect its copyright.

About voltage pull, voltage push, delta peak, delta push, or whatever...... it's over now..... it's obsolete, because today batteries such as Ni-MH need less maintenance and don't get memory effect.
Thanks for your comment.
I have the Protrak since some time now. Maybe itīs something like a new form of a Victor.