R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   what speed control? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/52644-what-speed-control.html)

alaska_racer 10-12-2004 10:02 PM

what speed control?

I had a novak atom that i used to much so now i need to get a new speed control. Im not sure what i should get and money is no problem for me so if any one could suggest the best one for me that would be great. and also what stock motor do u think i should use with it. (hpi rs4)

jackfast 10-12-2004 10:26 PM

I bought a lrp quantum competition 2 and it has been nothing but trouble for me....I had to send it back twice already for replacement. The sucker just keeps blowing up on me, with a stock motor!
Anyhow, I don't think I would reccomend that one. I Think your best bet right now would be the novak gtx. Novak has probably one of the best reputations in the industry and they have the best customer service that I had to deal with. I would either reccomend them or the keyence speed controls.
As far as stock motors go....I would go with the team orion core stock. It is dyno tuned and the one I got is so much faster than my trinity motors. I am real pleased with it.

Joe B 10-13-2004 12:15 AM

You really can't go wrong with a keyence speedcontrol...A little expensive but, you mentioned money isn't a big concern......there's really no limit to it's adjustability.....pretty easy to program also.......they also have a forum on here to answer questions and get set-up help.....as far as stock motors go......the monster (from pretty much anyone)will be the best in most situations......there will also be a new stock motor from trinity out very soon (just weeks I hear) that supposedly has the high rpm of the monster, and more torque like the p2k2's have......if thats true......It will be the best choice:cool:

mafiaracers 10-13-2004 02:56 AM

If you're willing to go a little exotic, then you might like the "Mtorniks Cirrus." As for a motor.... an MHP or Core would be your best bet until the new motor debutes.

Mr. Shookie 10-13-2004 07:09 AM

The new Ko Propo looks promising and with all Ko stuff I am sure it will be top notch. Now in reply to Quantom Comp 2, I have the same problem with Novak not the quantom. I have ran my quantom now fo rfour months strait and has never once given me a problem. ESC have one problem in common(they are electronics and can break without warning) hence you can get great product and you can get garbage. I still love novak mainly because they support there product, but I still LOVE my QC2 from LRP.
Stephen <><

alaska_racer 10-13-2004 03:12 PM

how much is the keyence and how much do u think the new trinity motor will be. i had a binary stock and it wasnt running right so i took it out then i got some peice of shit and that sucked but i need a really good set up.

danjoy25 10-13-2004 03:16 PM

Re: what speed control?

Originally posted by alaska_racer
I had a novak atom that i used to much so now i need to get a new speed control. Im not sure what i should get and money is no problem for me so if any one could suggest the best one for me that would be great. and also what stock motor do u think i should use with it. (hpi rs4)
I would suggest you take a look at the Schulze U-force 75 controller as it works for both brushed and brushless motors. Good stock motors are Epic Roar stock and Monsters.

Joe B 10-14-2004 03:29 AM

Alaska_racer.....The top of the line keyence (rapida) is around 190ish , pretty high cost , but when your dealing with a company that manufactures other products that litteraly make R/C speedcontrolers look like a kid project, you pay for the higher technology...... I believe acording to roar rules, a stock motor can not exceed 40.00.....this is one of the reasons it's getting super hard to come up with something much better than whats currently available....:cool:

jackfast 10-16-2004 10:51 AM

Hopefully Team Orion will release their new revolution/ peak vantage line of stock motors. These will be your guaranteed best bet for stock motor racing. I own the peak vantage 10x1 and it is ultra smooth, and very low maintenance. These are the hands down best brushed motors that I have ever used.:tire: :nod: :tire:

neveo 10-16-2004 06:18 PM

Cant beat an MRT speedo, decent price... amazing quality & great tech support !!

Theres a new 1 out anytime soon i believe.... cant remeber the exact phrase but its the smallest 1 of its kind ;)

Look out 4 Terry S i think hes called on here ! (The main man lol !))

T Allen 10-16-2004 06:22 PM

i bought one of the first gtx speedos available to the public it is awsome

Roberto Falcon 10-16-2004 06:26 PM

bought***

neveo 10-16-2004 06:31 PM

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=1

^ Theres a link to the MRT topic. Any questions Terry or the guys will have an answer for u. Great support

You wont be disappointed .. ;)